It's official - Red Pinto Tailgate @ Hammer's has put Ketchup Ceremony & Bowling Ball shots on hiatus

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Read the article. It said it is temporary (this year) because of COVID.  Ken says he is fine.

I think that he should make people do the bowling ball shots. That Polish cherry liqueur  he uses  can kill anything, including COVID.😀

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Ron is probably glad he doesn't have to get covered every game regardless of health conditions.

6 hours ago, driddles said:

Was getting damn near impossible to get back to our spot some games after 10:30 and we're not the closest spot to Kenny by far.  Us Canadians are going to be missing you all big time.   

Row that boat !!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Heitz said:

Didn't read the article, but I assume its canceled because I can't be there what with my broken ankle? 🤣

This does not preclude me from drinking out of a bowling ball at home though, correct? :beer:

Sure, but it would be advisable to wash your balls first.

8 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Personal Opinion here - I feel that it had all gotten too big, and was taking away from the intent of the tailgate which is an opportunity for fans of all teams to gather in an atmosphere of respect and enjoyment of our common love of our teams and the game of football. 

Yeah.......the ketchup thing was :rolleyes: even back in the Lot 1 days........that's a one-off kinda funny-when-drunk thing that turned into a spectacle for the sake of spectacling and I've felt bad for Kenny basically being obligated to repeat that every week.    Like a lot of things wrt Covid.......it is the perfect excuse to kill a tired tradition and just enjoy the gathering.   

In other news........Kim stopped by our tailgate last week and she says Hammer has banished her from his lot. :lol:

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I have a feeling that Kenny is simply tired of doing this.

That is what I heard through others.  He was wanting to cut back, maybe do it just for the opener, but people expect him to do it every week.  

I wonder how many people will wander over Sunday morning expecting to see it.  

12 hours ago, driddles said:

Was getting damn near impossible to get back to our spot some games after 10:30 and we're not the closest spot to Kenny by far.  Us Canadians are going to be missing you all big time.   

This is one of the main reasons we put the K&M on hold. Way to many people coming to watch it and over running existing tailgates.  

11 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Yeah, the whole ketchup/mustard bath thing had gotten way too commercial.

Commercial? Kenny has never endorsed any products and he has been offered to do so mmmany times. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah.......the ketchup thing was :rolleyes: even back in the Lot 1 days........that's a one-off kinda funny-when-drunk thing that turned into a spectacle for the sake of spectacling and I've felt bad for Kenny basically being obligated to repeat that every week.    Like a lot of things wrt Covid.......it is the perfect excuse to kill a tired tradition and just enjoy the gathering.   

In other news........Kim stopped by our tailgate last week and she says Hammer has banished her from his lot. :lol:

Wondering if she told you why? Kim and her girl friend have on multiple times enter my building locked the door and besides spray painting the wall urinated in the building and who knows what else! . She is unfortunately out of control.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

Read the article. It said it is temporary (this year) because of COVID.  Ken says he is fine.

I think that he should make people do the bowling ball shots. That Polish cherry liqueur  he uses  can kill anything, including COVID.😀

The article is nice but listen to the interview. I've been preparing for this day for awhile but it was Truly hard to do. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ron is probably glad he doesn't have to get covered every game regardless of health conditions.

Row that boat !!

There are more legit ways to cross into the USA(helicopter/small plane) but we need to quarantine for 2 weeks on return which is stupid as any US citizen can drive over here and not have to quarantine.

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

That is what I heard through others.  He was wanting to cut back, maybe do it just for the opener, but people expect him to do it every week.  

I wonder how many people will wander over Sunday morning expecting to see it.  

I would rather say hi and talk when he is condiment free ;)

So happy he is free from that Albatross :)

I often thought that Kenny felt trapped in the tradition, kinda like the show must go on.

I suggest all those like me who cannot attend games go out to their yards, or balcony before the game and pour ketchup and mustard on their heads and submit photos. 

Best photo wins a bowling ball autographed by Chuck Healy.

Or not!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Call me a party pooper, but you couldn’t pay me to put my mouth on that bowling ball. 

Love the ketchup and mustard routine though. 

Party pooper. Have done it in SF, Oakland, Seattle, Phoenix and Buffalo.

Tradition!

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1