Matthew Fairburn off to cover the Pats (update - he’s back)

YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hit that unfollow button faster than dareus hits the buffet at the Mongolian bbq 

The decent thing for him to do, Yolo, is turn down the job and retire from journalism entirely.  

At some point you have to maintain your integrity and be able to look your family in the eye.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Economy hit hard. I've had to sell my body, Matt had to sell his soul 🤷‍♂️

Seriously though, how the heck does that work? I couldn't imagine trying to make that change mentally, career or not, good luck to him

I also feel like the timing of these moves are weird. You would think these outlets would want them in place with covering  the new teams at least by TC to have the overall familiarity of the players, coaches etc 

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

something something something... dark side

He might be the new Ernie Adams!

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The decent thing for him to do, Yolo, is turn down the job and retire from journalism entirely.  

At some point you have to maintain your integrity and people to look your family in the eye.

I mean, he could end up being that guy in New England that talks about Josh Allen and what the Bills do to the Pats for the next 10 years...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

enjoyed his work, kind of second opinion to Joe B, likely to be replaced and certainly un-followed in move to the evil empire of the east..

Same. He and Joe B have a good dynamic on the podcast. I wonder what’s to be done about that? Possible ideas:

1. Tim Graham becomes the new co-host. I would give it a shot but be very skeptical. Graham has guested on the podcast before and it was tolerable. 

2. Fairburn temporarily sticks around as a guest. How would this work? He’s going to be on-site covering that other team and won’t be able to watch the Bills. This isn’t feasible. 

3. Joe B goes solo. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to try this. One-man sports radio is unlistenable IMO. 

4. Some other Athletic reporter moves into Bills coverage and becomes the new co-host. Hope it works out. 

What terrible timing by him.  He joins the Patriots as the dynasty has already ended.  He's leaving the Bills when their dynasty is starting.

2 minutes ago, Cash said:

Same. He and Joe B have a good dynamic on the podcast. I wonder what’s to be done about that? Possible ideas:

1. Tim Graham becomes the new co-host. I would give it a shot but be very skeptical. Graham has guested on the podcast before and it was tolerable. 

2. Fairburn temporarily sticks around as a guest. How would this work? He’s going to be on-site covering that other team and won’t be able to watch the Bills. This isn’t feasible. 

3. Joe B goes solo. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to try this. One-man sports radio is unlistenable IMO. 

4. Some other Athletic reporter moves into Bills coverage and becomes the new co-host. Hope it works out. 

Marino from Locked On Bills does it solo and does a good job.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Every now and then, I do like checking out non-bills articles on the site and with how good of a writer Fairburn has been for us, he'll give good insight for a team I'll continue to be very curious about in the short and long-term future.

It sucks to lose him and MLJ to division rivals of all people, but we stay in good hands with Joe B. among all the other members of the Buffalo sports media these days. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.