162 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win TNF

• Dallas
    • Tampa Bay
  2. 2. Who do you hate less

• Cowboys
    • Brady

12 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i guess that OPI should have been technically been called, but football is much better when the refs are not involved. majority of penalties should be called pre-snap, after the play is over (for any unsportsman like crap), or if something is obviously, i mean obviously blatant, like the missed Robey PI against the saints.

let the players play, and im ok with letting the players play there as well as most of the times.

If that happens mid 3rd Quarter it is OPI but there is a kind of unwritten understanding that the officials try to avoid deciding games late with contentious calls. I was fine with the no call there. I thought it was OPI but it was not egregious.  

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If that happens mid 3rd Quarter it is OPI but there is a kind of unwritten understanding that the officials try to avoid deciding games late with contentious calls. I was fine with the no call there. I thought it was OPI but it was not egregious.  

but you affect the game by not calling penalties as well...if it was OPI you have to call it

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Even that 13 yarder... it was just a contain loss by the defense. Zeke turned the corner like a grandma going out to buy milk. 

How to build a losing football team: Step 1) Use your top-5 pick on a Running Back; Step 2) Hand that RB a massive second contract.

Fortunately for Dallas, they stole Dak in Round 4, but they still aren’t very good.  

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

How to build a losing football team: Step 1) Use your top-5 pick on a Running Back; Step 2) Hand that RB to a massive second contract.

Fortunately for Dallas, they stole Dak in Round 4, but they still aren’t very good.  

Agreed. Go back to my Day 1 Debrief from the 2016 draft and I described taking Zeke at #4 when the Cowboys had a huge need at corner and Jalen Ramsey just sitting there as buying a shiny new front door for your house when the roof is leaking. And then the extension was ill-judged. Imagine where the Cowboys would be had they not stolen Dak in round 4 and they didn't have a Quarterback either.

EDIT: and 5 years later they still have that huge need a corner.... 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. Go back to my Day 1 Debrief from the 2016 draft and I described taking Zeke at #4 when the Cowboys had a huge need at corner and Jalen Ramsey just sitting there as buying a shiny new front door for your house when the roof is leaking. And then the extension was ill-judged. Imagine where the Cowboys would be had they not stolen Dak in round 4 and they didn't have a Quarterback either. 

I thought Zeke looked shot too but remember some guys are still playing their way into shape in September so it may be too early to declare his career over with.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I’m looking forward to the Giants making the same mistake with Saquon Barkley very soon. Teams never learn. And as I recall, there was a decent QB still on the board when they drafted Barkley…

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I thought Zeke looked shot too but remember some guys are still playing their way into shape in September so it may be too early to declare his career over with.

That's fair, but I thought there were signs last year and all the talk was about keeping him much fresher this year and how fresh his legs were going to be..... it would at least be a cause for concern if I were in the Cowboys top brass that he came out looking like that. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's fair, but I thought there were signs last year and all the talk was about keeping him much fresher this year and how fresh his legs were going to be..... it would at least be a cause for concern if I were in the Cowboys top brass that he came out looking like that. 

He looks smaller…

44 minutes ago, mannc said:

How to build a losing football team: Step 1) Use your top-5 pick on a Running Back; Step 2) Hand that RB to a massive second contract.

This ⬆️.  

I think you could even push top-5 pick to top-20 pick.

There are just so very few that make a second contract worth it and even the 5th year option is to much money for that position.  

There are some great RBs that are elite, but so few actually are difference makers and he best in Henry was a 2nd round pick.

50 minutes ago, mannc said:

Jerry thought he had another Emmitt Smith, but I could've run behind that 90s line

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

This ⬆️.  

I think you could even push top-5 pick to top-20 pick.

There are just so very few that make a second contract worth it and even the 5th year option is to much money for that position.  

There are some great RBs that are elite, but so few actually are difference makers and he best in Henry was a 2nd round pick.

Carolina is going to regret giving McCaffrey that second contract, too, if they aren’t already.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jerry thought he had another Emmitt Smith, but I could've run behind that 90s line

Football has changed a little bit since then…

• Simon unpinned this topic