So many reporters, analysts, and talking heads picking the Bills to win the Super Bowl. What changed?

Logic

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I agree. I think its sort of silly. But i agree.... they were drooling over this one specific throw on GMFB just yesterday or the day before when allen came up in discussion.

I was drooling over that throw before it even hit Davis' hands.

Stuck in 3rd/20 after perfectly executing a Brady-like drive and then he caps it off with that rip?

😮

image.png.296c326b1b8671d93fbf319a8c48ec38.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What has changed? We used to be consistently mediocre and now we are consistently good, have a top 5 Quarterback, an excellent coaching staff and one of the deepest rosters in the league. 

People have started saying we are good because we are good. Nothing odd about that.

It really isn't complicated we've been consistently rated one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the NFL, it's the week of the season starting so people need to make there picks, the Bills are just a more fun pick than the Chiefs, Bucs repeat, and maybe Green Bay though that's the closest.

What changed 

hmmm

Rodgers is on a fair well tour?

Tom ain’t getting any younger. 

KC

(1) 3 in a row? Hard enough for the cheating Pats***

(2) An entire new O line

Bills

Look at Josh’s drive in the few series of that PS game

2 stud rookies to get pressure on the QB

what makes them think that? 

Trust in the Process 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:30 AM, ScottLaw said:

Was it though? 

It def was a reason, but I also think it was more so lack of speed defensively, WRs unable to get separation, and our offensive line got manhandled. Not sure any of that will get better, but Chiefs have a tough schedule, and the Bills schedule doesn’t look to be as tough so I think many pundits think if the Bills can get home field advantage and play the Chiefs at home they can/will beat them.

Just an aside…, all of our starting WRs were playing injured, that is a considerable reason that our WRs were not getting separation, Davis and Brown with  Fd up ankles, Beasley with a broken bone in his leg, Diggs with a torn oblique, of course they had trouble getting separation, and that is part of the reason they went with seven wideouts this season, on top of adding two quality D lineman, that and we are not the same team personnel wise or schematically as last season, changes have been made to account for those short comings, you are very pessimistic, I’m not a doctor, but maybe a women, a good meal, a quality cigar and a good single malt scotch might go some way to giving you up a better outlook for this upcoming season,  because that combination seems to work for me, just sayin, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are a top 3-4 team in the league so long as Josh continues to play like he did last season. This seasons about a SB victory…. Just not sure they’ve closed the KC gap. We’ll see. 

It is my considered opinion…, 😁, that KC will fall off a bit this season, certainly not in a wholesale way, but by enough to matter. 

On 9/9/2021 at 7:20 AM, hondo in seattle said:

No one wants to predict another Tampa-KC Super Bowl.  Too boring.  Not click worthy.

It's far more interesting to talk about up-and-coming teams.  Right now, in the AFC, that's the Bills.  

I agree with this.

It was only a few weeks ago that a lot of these "experts" were still questioning Josh Allen & the Bills ability to win "The Big Game"(translation: beat the Chiefs). Wondering if last season were a fluke.

Now all of a sudden they are picking the Bills to win the Super Bowl and for Josh Allen to become the leagues MVP.

I see @Logic's point.

Do these people really think the Bills are the best team in the NFL, or is it just a wild take?

• Like (+1) 1

Listened to a lot of local and national podcasts/shows today and no one picked the Bills to make it to the SB. Greeny picked the pats to win the division and predicted the Titans to get the #1 seed. He had bills as WC. Almost everyone picked the Browns to go to the SB. 

I think there is a thought that it is very rare for a team to go to the SB 3 straight years so that is why not a lot of chiefs predictions 

• Like (+1) 2

People want to be trendy more than right. We had an outstanding previous year and it's reasonable to think this team can build on it with it's youth. I still think all roads go through Tampa and KC until proven otherwise, but we are certainly in it. It's sort of a Bulls/Pistons deal. I just don't think you can have us ahead of those teams, specifically KC, until we prove we can get a win against them.    

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Listened to a lot of local and national podcasts/shows today and no one picked the Bills to make it to the SB. Greeny picked the pats to win the division and predicted the Titans to get the #1 seed. He had bills as WC. Almost everyone picked the Browns to go to the SB. 

I think there is a thought that it is very rare for a team to go to the SB 3 straight years so that is why not a lot of chiefs predictions 

And they would be correct. Eric mangini brought this up 2 days ago on “first things first” as he was trying to explain his Bills pick to Nick wright as Wright was throwing a typical Chiefs fan temper tantrum when somebody doesn’t automatically crown them as gods gift… He explained why he liked the Bills out of the AFC but then he eloquently went on to explain that it’s not an anti-chiefs pick and more of just a pick that sides with historical evidence….. And Wright proceeded to plug his ears, stomp his feet, and hold his breath like the toddler that he is. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, Logic said:

I've noticed over the past week or so that more and more local and national reporters, analysts, and talking heads are picking the Bills to win the Super Bowl. Many are also picking Josh Allen to win the MVP award.

Whereas earlier this offseason it was all "will Josh Allen regress?" and "can the Bills fix their pass rush?", now I'm just seeing a whole lot of "Bills win the Super Bowl" predictions. What changed? Was it the preseason performance against the Packers? The training camp reports of Allen and the offense being lights out? The perceived improvement of the pass rush? Are the Bills just the "trendy" pick all of the sudden?

I'm sure there's much more than I'm listing here, but here's just a small collection of what I'm talking about. I'm not sure how to feel about all this but here we are. What a time to be a Bills fan.

1. buffalo has easier schedule…likely top seed.

2. how often have teams gone to 3 SB in a row?