My one hope for the beginning of this year

I hope coach Mc D isn’t stuck on playing Addison and Hughes, specially game one against a questionable Steeler O-line. I hope he gives Rousseau and Epenensa ample playing time and not just sprinkle them in to stave off the oldies. I want to see the opposite which is a ton of the youngin’s with the oldies staving them off on occasion. I’m all in on Rousseau Epenensa and even Bashem, but I feel it won’t be till midseason before Mc D really let’s them see the field a lot unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I hope coach Mc D isn’t stuck on playing Addison and Hughes, specially game one against a questionable Steeler O-line. I hope he gives Rousseau and Epenensa ample playing time and not just sprinkle them in to stave off the oldies. I want to see the opposite which is a ton of the youngin’s with the oldies staving them off on occasion. I’m all in on Rousseau Epenensa and even Bashem, but I feel it won’t be till midseason before Mc D really let’s them see the field a lot unfortunately.

Is your name Eric Washington?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

McDermott is know to say it's a long season in the NFL for rookies and with the extra game I'm sure he still feels that way.

They probably rotate in Epenesa much more than Rousseau to begin the year.   I can see Basham not dressing the first game.

• Like (+1) 2

A mean D-line rotation is a hallmark of the McD/Frazier defense-- and not just who's in or out, but where they play on the field. I've often suspected that this played a role in the high number of fourth-quarter comebacks we've had. By the fourth, opposing O-lines were gassed.

I imagine Hughes, and Addison will both be named starters, but I'd be surprised if either played over 50% of snaps, especially Addison.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

McD will try and win the game by playing whomever gives us the best opportunity. This game is going to be a battle

I know the last game was a battle until TJ broke the game open, but I think Sanders is a player the Stealers won't have an answer for at all. I'm not saying Sanders is going to have a huge game, I'm saying whoever the Stealers plan on not giving enough help to is going to open each play because those four (Diggs, Beasley, Davis and Sanders) is too much. Especially for the Stealers but really any team. Even the dolphins who possess the most good corners in the league (I think). I think all four are big-time players for us. 

On defense, the Stealer line is weaker than the one we faced last season and our defense looked really good vs. them last season (for the most part).

Epenesa wasn't ready to play lat the start of ast year.  He was too thick around the middle and too slow so they asked him to lose weight. Rousseau looks like a beast already and Epenesa has looked better.  It's a rotation and I expect Rousseasu to get as many snaps as Hughes and Epenesa and Addison to have similar snap counts as each other.  I too think Basham is a healthy scratch for the game.  

2 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Strange choice for a One Hope.

I just want us to WIN, second, I want us to play solid in all 3 phases.

As long as we win, I don't care who plays.

37 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I know the last game was a battle until TJ broke the game open, but I think Sanders is a player the Stealers won't have an answer for at all.

Just remember Sanders was a Steeler for 4 seasons with Big Ben as his QB and Tomlin as his HC.

Possible the Steelers may have some info on physical traits and tendencies

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I know the last game was a battle until TJ broke the game open, but I think Sanders is a player the Stealers won't have an answer for at all. I'm not saying Sanders is going to have a huge game, I'm saying whoever the Stealers plan on not giving enough help to is going to open each play because those four (Diggs, Beasley, Davis and Sanders) is too much. Especially for the Stealers but really any team. Even the dolphins who possess the most good corners in the league (I think). I think all four are big-time players for us. 

On defense, the Stealer line is weaker than the one we faced last season and our defense looked really good vs. them last season (for the most part).

Is too much! Boy, I gotta learn to read my posts before hitting submit, I really do....

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

McDermott is know to say it's a long season in the NFL for rookies and with the extra game I'm sure he still feels that way.

They probably rotate in Epenesa much more than Rousseau to begin the year.   I can see Basham not dressing the first game.

I think you're right about Basham. It is tough to come up with seven inactives, I have: (Bates or Brown) Doyle, Breida, Kumerow, Efe Obada And Then Zimmer or Harrison. I bet it's Bates and Zimmer inactive. Harrison was a beast in preseason and if the coaches are telling the truth that Harry is fully recovered he's the man, imho....

Tough break for everyone on the list. It's a crazy game though so everyone will probably get their chance eventually (to be at least, active.) And if you're a DL you're playing.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strange choice for a One Hope.

I just want us to WIN, second, I want us to play solid in all 3 phases.

As long as we win, I don't care who plays.

Just remember Sanders was a Steeler for 4 seasons with Big Ben as his QB and Tomlin as his HC.

Possible the Steelers may have some info on physical traits and tendencies

Wow! Sanders was a stealer???!!!  I forgot about that! 

I hope the Stealers don't take his knee out or something like that... Otherwise, I'm not scared. Emmanuel is a crazy tough assignment. He's a legit first rate #2 WR and so is Davis (I think). Somebody is going to open with Daboll calling the plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Jerry is a monster…..Stop.  
I’d be ok if he played less snaps.  

Don’t get me wrong….I love, love, love what we’ve seen from Rousseau and I hope he plays a ton on the left side.  Jerry and AJ keeping each other rested on the right.  
Basham, Obada and Addison giving Rousseau a breather and also rushing from the inside. 

I agree about Addison.  I wouldn’t mind if he didn’t play a snap tbh.  He’s seems to be an expensive locker room presence.  Seems like a good guy though.  I see why they like him in that regard.  

26 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Wow! Sanders was a stealer???!!!  I forgot about that! 

I hope the Stealers don't take his knee out or something like that... Otherwise, I'm not scared. Emmanuel is a crazy tough assignment. He's a legit first rate #2 WR and so is Davis (I think). Somebody is going to open with Daboll calling the plays.

I don't think they would...he was their 3rd round draft pick in 2010, and was #3 or so on the depth chart his rookie year behind Mike Wallace and Hines Ward

His next season he was outplayed Big Time by the Steelers 6th round pick, Antonio Brown, so he bumped to #4

A lot of it was Arians as OC, I don't think his scheme at the time had a lot of use for a guy with Sanders strengths.  They used him more when Haley took over, but even so...he was down the depth chart there and was considered to be a disappointment relative to Brown, drafted in the same year but much later.

Pittsburgh was kind of like "See Ya!"

So Sanders moved to Denver in FA and immediately started catching everything Manning threw to him, and Manning threw to him A Lot.