Problems with Mobile App

sir andrew

Sorry if a re-post or in the wrong area, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.  I had a terrible time trying to login to the Bills Mobile App for my tickets.  The app itself works fine, but when I go to the ticket manager section, it opens up a new webpage and asks for another login.  After numerous attempts, I was finally able to access my tickets.  I made sure to save them locally on the phone before I headed to the game on Sunday, so I'm not stuck at the gate waiting for my network to respond. 

Has anyone else had issues accessing their tickets?  I would think that it may be a cluster on game day with people trying to login to their tickets at the gates.  

The mobile app blows.  Period.  The ticketing with people's phones blow.  I keep hearing how easy it is, but seeing post after post after post about how it's not working correctly.  In the season ticket holders group on FB, there are craploads of people having problems with it and posting asking for help.  People's tickets disappearing off of it, not being able to log in, not being able to transfer tickets to their phone wallet or to anyone else.  That doesn't even scrape the surface of non-tech people wanting nothing to do with it.  

But yet, some of us will be right there.....with our season ticket cards.....holding them up, getting them scanned, and walking through the gate in like 2 seconds.  I don't get it with the mobile ticketing.  Get the card (if you are a season ticket holder), get a keepsake, and walk right through the gate with absolutely zero brain power needed.  No wifi, phone wallet, blinged out case, Bills themed encoded bar graph thingy, calls to your ticket rep, or even charged battery needed.  Just you and your card and a few working fingers on either hand to hold it up.

I must be getting old.  In fact, I am getting old.  I just wish they made turnstiles for those of us with the cards, and those with tickets on their phone.  Get off my lawn.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I insisted they either let me use my card or send me tickets.  When no card arrived, I contacted my ticket agent who said I never requested my cards.  OK, fine, now what? She sent me tickets.  Why the insistence?  You guessed it,  frequent problems with time outs, unable to access,  etc through the app.  They forced me to use a "wallet"  for the playoff game last year.  It worked but I was terrified.  

I've always been a plastic card guy since they started giving the option but I have recently just discovered I have lost the actual card...I am now terrified at having to rely on the electronic tickets this season.  Reading all of these different posts with issues hasn't been very reassuring either...Bring back ticket stubs!!!

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I remember purchasing my ticket on Main St in Buffalo then I manually carried it to the stadium

Times were very tough back then....

That is horrible customer service 

• Haha (+1) 1

Same problem last night and this morning, account manager page was just blank. After uninstalling and reinstalling I can now see the tix.  However I need transfer tix and it won’t let me use contacts/phone number (this has worked in the past). Instead forcing me to use email address, which is a pain in the @ss. Then I downloaded my ticket,  it put tix in google pay BUT there is nothing scannable showing on the tix.  Should be a blast trying to get into stadium Sunday.

6 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

The radio button doesn't even work for me anymore.

As far as the tickets, use the ticketmaster app under "my events" to move them to your Apple Wallet or Google wallet. 

Do you need to move them?  In the open practice I just used the TM app.

Edited by Just Joshin'

I’ve never tried to buy tickets on the mobile app, but I can say that if you try to follow a game on it., it is frustrating as hell, it can’t actually refresh at a rate that will keep you within six or seven plays of where the game is at, it appears to hang up when buffering, and that causes me to have to go to the game day thread, and that is a Prozac users hell hole a fair amount of the time, ya see when your out on a sailboat in the Bahamas it limits your choices for coverage…, Hey Terry, your a F ing Billionaire, how’s about getting an app that actually works…, just sayin,

Go Bills!!!

8 hours ago, richNjoisy said:

I insisted they either let me use my card or send me tickets.  When no card arrived, I contacted my ticket agent who said I never requested my cards.  OK, fine, now what? She sent me tickets.  Why the insistence?  You guessed it,  frequent problems with time outs, unable to access,  etc through the app.  They forced me to use a "wallet"  for the playoff game last year.  It worked but I was terrified.  

I heard this same story at the preseason game.

There needs to be a greater effort on the part of the team to make sure people actually choose whether they want a card, tickets or mobile.    

Defaulting to mobile ticketing because they didn't get a response to an electronic message is the opposite of logical. :doh:

And this is from somebody who went to both playoff games last year and used the mobile wallet etc........it's fine if there isn't a rush........but THERE IS A RUSH getting into games and mobile ticketing unnecessarily complicates a simple ***** action.

1 hour ago, Frostbite said:

Not related to ticketing but saw you can "watch live games". Anyone know how this works? Feel like I'll have to sign in with a cable provider or purchase something.

Yahoo sports app carries all the NFL games. (I work at Yahoo. We have the contract with the NFL to carry all games on mobile and tablet). 

20 hours ago, sir andrew said:

Sorry if a re-post or in the wrong area, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.  I had a terrible time trying to login to the Bills Mobile App for my tickets.  The app itself works fine, but when I go to the ticket manager section, it opens up a new webpage and asks for another login.  After numerous attempts, I was finally able to access my tickets.  I made sure to save them locally on the phone before I headed to the game on Sunday, so I'm not stuck at the gate waiting for my network to respond. 

Has anyone else had issues accessing their tickets?  I would think that it may be a cluster on game day with people trying to login to their tickets at the gates.  

So I downloaded my tickets three weeks ago had to delete the app twice and re download it. Sent a message to my (dedicated sales rep) yeah right no response yet. They must be on vacation.

Called the other day waited on hold for 50 minutes. She said there has been no problems on out end at all.