Tailgating Question: Reserving a spot in a lot.

Mango

We are coming in from the Capital Region for the Hopener. One part of our group is driving in Sunday AM. What is the etiquette on hold a spot in any of the lots for one car? Never dealt with this before. Feels not cool, but also not trying to have our two groups a mile apart. 

I was hoping to get into Hammers early, set up the TV, get the Heineken Grand Prix and some breakfast going. I would have to imagine holding a spot their has got to be off limits, right? Really have not had to address this one before, but the second car has like 6 people. Pretty frustrating. 

Thanks in advance!

Mods- Please move if this should be somewhere else

Just now, Mango said:

We are coming in from the Capital Region for the Hopener. One part of our group is driving in Sunday AM. What is the etiquette on hold a spot in any of the lots for one car? Never dealt with this before. Feels not cool, but also not trying to have our two groups a mile apart. 

I was hoping to get into Hammers early, set up the TV, get the Heineken Grand Prix and some breakfast going. I would have to imagine holding a spot their has got to be off limits, right? Really have not had to address this one before, but the second car has like 6 people. Pretty frustrating. 

Thanks in advance!

Mods- Please move if this should be somewhere else

I think Hammer let people reserve spots thru that tailgate thread.

But in any lot,  if you pay for both spots then set up your chairs there that should do it.    It's about the $.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

why do you have to be parked next to each other?   The group without the TV / other heavy equipment can just mosey on over and hang with you.

I totally agree. Just trying to find a work around. 

I haven't been to a game in a few years, but I suspect people still get there early for the opener, and the "preferred" lots/parking will fill up pretty quickly - by 11:00 at the latest.  

If your friends can get to the stadium by 10:00, and of course you're already there, you'll probably be able to hold a spot for them.  If they are much later than that, you might want to have a backup plan.