Bills raise some alarms for those attending the game Sunday

JÂy RÛßeÒ

We are so excited to be hosting fans at full capacity for our opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 12.  We wanted to provide some information about gate entry so you can prepare ahead of time.  Like many businesses right now, we are experiencing some staffing challenges and our game day personnel will need to operate even more efficiently than normal to make gate entry run smoothly.  As a result, we recommend that you enter the stadium much earlier than you may be accustomed to in order to be in your seats for kickoff. 

To help make sure you don’t miss kickoff, we are opening the gates 30 minutes earlier beginning at 11:00 a.m. We strongly recommend that you arrive at the gate entry area no later than 12:00pm.  Anyone arriving to the gates after 12:00pm could be in jeopardy of missing kickoff.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Thanks.

I usually like being in the stadium early, any way. I like seeing pre-game warmups and introductions and pyro and planes and all that jazz. 

Gonna have to remember to be at the gates extra early this week. Nothing worse than spending all that money/effort getting to a game and then being stuck in that drunken cattle herd and hearing the sounds of the crowd at the opening kickoff from outside the stadium.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Not sure a notice to get in early really rises to the level of "alarms" (sounds kind of alarmist to me 😉) but certainly a good note for folks attending.

"Hey guys - we're gonna have fewer people working at the stadium" is an alarm to me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

"operate even more efficiently than normal". Reminds me of the job I just left after 20 years... 3 people are absent so you will have to handle it all. 

Yup, been that way for, it seems like forever, some things never change, 

19 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Not sure a notice to get in early really rises to the level of "alarms" (sounds kind of alarmist to me 😉) but certainly a good note for folks attending.

Some people freak out if they aren't in their seat at kickoff.........and that's just the stitious ones.

What this says to me is unless you want to be lined up like cattle wait until after kickoff to go in.

They need to fix this gate entry BS..........worst part of the entire experience at the stadium.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They need to fix this gate entry BS..........worst part of the entire experience at the stadium.

You’re the problem. When you try to sneak in your wine coolers and favorite dilllldo, the security wastes time searching everyone. Just bring your essentials (lip gloss, spandex and napkins). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Very true.  From my experience the Bills (Rich / Ralph / Highmark Stadium) are about the worst in the league the last 6 or 7 years.  At some point after the stadium renovation,  the wait at the gates got terrible.

I try to get to 2 road games / year.  3 this year with such a good schedule. So I do have experience in other NFL stadiums.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You’re the problem. When you try to sneak in your wine coolers and favorite dilllldo, the security wastes time searching everyone. Just bring your essentials (lip gloss, spandex and napkins). 

Security isn't the problem

ziekenhuisbal-steward.gif

• Haha (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Classic double dipping.  Keep staff low so the payroll is lower.  Get fans in the stands earlier so beer sales go up.

There certainly isn't a financial incentive to fix the problem.

The biggest issue is actually the ticket processing............every 10th fan thru has en e-ticket they can't pull up on their phone when it's time to perform..........and the Bills didn't make it very clear to most ST holders that they had the option of getting the season ticket "card" again..........so it will be worse yet this year.

E-tickets........great for a lot of things........not so much when trying to jam 50K boredom-averse fans thru a few gates in 30 minutes or less.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There certainly isn't a financial incentive to fix the problem.

The biggest issue is actually the ticket processing............every 10th fan thru has en e-ticket they can't pull up on their phone when it's time to perform..........and the Bills didn't make it very clear to most ST holders that they had the option of getting the season ticket "card" again..........so it will be worse yet this year.

E-tickets........great for a lot of things........not so much when trying to jam 50K boredom-averse fans thru a few gates in 30 minutes or less.

I was going for sarcasm but yes, I agree with you here.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Thanks.

I usually like being in the stadium early, any way. I like seeing pre-game warmups and introductions and pyro and planes and all that jazz. 

Gonna have to remember to be at the gates extra early this week. Nothing worse than spending all that money/effort getting to a game and then being stuck in that drunken cattle herd and hearing the sounds of the crowd at the opening kickoff from outside the stadium.

Drunken cattle herd ? seems a tad harsh  :)

I used to resemble that remark !

• Haha (+1) 1