New WGR lineup

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yes.  Thank you.  I’ve been in that stadium for 35 years.  Since the advent of the iPhone, I have a hard time on the way out of the games telling whether we won or lost because everyone leaving is on the phone looking at their stupid fantasy teams and stupid online betting. 

Haha. Chill. 

4 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

6-7PM is often a replay of an earlier interview, isn't it?

They usually replay the "interview of the day" (if there is one) in the 6:30pm to 7:00pm slot.

4 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Less of the Irritators is a win in my book. Two hours of sabres talk, especially during the off season was ridiculous. 

Do you realize that there are threads just like this one over at Sabres boards?  Only they are bitching about the amount of air time the station dedicates to the Bills.

51 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

To me, nobody is going through the motions more than "Bulldog".  He brings absolutely zero to the table.  He doesnt try to bring anything to the table.  Goes up into the attic at 3 sometimes and puts in his 3 hours or whatever of winging it.

Hearing him when he is alone is uncomfortable.  He just stammers around and cannot carry a show.

He stammers around regardless if he is alone or not.   He literally can't speak clearly.

It has always amazed me that a guy with his verbal communication skill level got a job talking on the radio every day.

Then again, this is WNY we are talking about.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Am I the only one that listens to the opposing teams sports talk the week the Bills play them? 

It's even better to listen to them Monday morning after the Bills beat them.

Growing up in the 80s/90s, my dad and I had a tradition of going to Wegman's the day after the Bills beat the Dolphins and buying all the local Miami papers. Just to read the local guys trashing the other team and enjoying the misery. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

To me, nobody is going through the motions more than "Bulldog".  He brings absolutely zero to the table.  He doesnt try to bring anything to the table.  Goes up into the attic at 3 sometimes and puts in his 3 hours or whatever of winging it.

Hearing him when he is alone is uncomfortable.  He just stammers around and cannot carry a show.

X1000

And he's been on the air for over 25 years.  How does someone NOT get better? Any other field or station he would been fired long ago.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

How to make WGR Better.

Stop taking fan calls.

End. 

I’ve said this same thing over the years.  As much as the 4 main hosts have become stale, taking calls brings the shows down to the dumps.  It is just an endless stream of idiots who want to appear smart. 

1 minute ago, BTB said:

I’ve said this same thing over the years.  As much as the 4 main hosts have become stale, taking calls brings the shows down to the dumps.  It is just an endless stream of idiots who want to appear smart. 

Was so disappointed when I turned Sal and Joe's new show on today, and in their introduction they explained "We really want this show to focus on fan input from the phones and social media".

That's the last thing we need. I get it is tough to come up with 2 hours of content every single weekday. But damn, please don't focus the show on the infamous "WGR callers".

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A!  Wad say I tayg you oud bag and punch you in dee ed?!  'Da Inzdagaydorz' iz da mosd inzightful rahdio show een ockey!  Tabernac!

😉😁

Ok at first when I was trying to read this I was like, oh ***** I think this guy is having a stroke and he’s trying to get help. But then I realized that this was a Martin Biron impression and it’s actually pretty good. Well done

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree that interview was absolutely brutal. It was excruciating. I don't mind him with Sal because he is at least a bit of a counter to Sal's everything glass half full and what you end up with is a pretty balanced take of the team. I prefer Sal on the afternoon show than the morning show where it does get a bit "everything is always great" at times. But I think Schopp sucks at interviewing people from the team. It is why McDermott switched to mornings and that Beane interview..... eeeek. 

When was the Beane interview? I'd like to go back and listen to it. I must have missed it.

11 minutes ago, BTB said:

Have you noticed One Bills Live hasn't taken a call in weeks? Chris Brown DM'd me and said people just aren't calling in.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was so disappointed when I turned Sal and Joe's new show on today, and in their introduction they explained "We really want this show to focus on fan input from the phones and social media".

That's the last thing we need. I get it is tough to come up with 2 hours of content every single weekday. But damn, please don't focus the show on the infamous "WGR callers".

HOST: We've got John on the line, John you are on the Air.

John: AM I on the air?

HOST: Yes John you are on. 

{AWKWARD PAUSE}

John: Bills are going undefeated. Super Bowl Bills. KC was lucky to beat us

HOST: Thanks John.

We've got Mark Next, Mark.

{Repeat}

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Have you noticed One Bills Live hasn't taken a call in weeks? Chris Brown DM'd me and said people just aren't calling in.

It's one of the symptoms of success. There really isnt much to complain about nowadays, or even debate over. Heck, our own threads here have died down, and have wilted into arguments over whether our weakest position is CB depth or TE depth. Not even a starting position!

Makes for fun times, but boring radio.

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Yes.  Thank you.  I’ve been in that stadium for 35 years.  Since the advent of the iPhone, I have a hard time on the way out of the games telling whether we won or lost because everyone leaving is on the phone looking at their stupid fantasy teams and stupid online betting. 

I hate it!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree that interview was absolutely brutal. It was excruciating. I don't mind him with Sal because he is at least a bit of a counter to Sal's everything glass half full and what you end up with is a pretty balanced take of the team. I prefer Sal on the afternoon show than the morning show where it does get a bit "everything is always great" at times. But I think Schopp sucks at interviewing people from the team. It is why McDermott switched to mornings and that Beane interview..... eeeek. 

I don't hate schopp the way some do, but ever since he got really into fantasy football, it's been kind of annoying. Everything comes back to betting or a fantasy team of his 

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't hate schopp the way some do, but ever since he got really into fantasy football, it's been kind of annoying. Everything comes back to betting or a fantasy team of his 

This ^.   No interest in a  variety of guests.  For years, it’s been a steady diet of Paul Hamilton, Sal, John Clayton, rinse and repeat. Oh, and some fantasy dork.  I’ve heard some of the young guns on the weekend, and they have had more variety in one show than Schoop has in a year.  Except for ***** canning Brad Riter off the evening show a while back, the Fab Four have remained constant. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.