Poll for fave nice restaurant :)

Alphadawg7

Which nice restaurant...  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which restaurant you got for a nice dinner?

• Roost
    • Hutch's
    • Left Bank
    • Toutant
    • Chop House
    • Other (specify in comments)

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Wow, I grew up on a sidestreet off Hertel by Elmwood, haven't been back for years. I didn't know a Bocce Club was there now! :worthy:

Last couple years I think it went in. Two blocks from North Park Theater. I was back a few weeks ago, staying at North Park and Hertel, saw the sign and walked in. Couldn’t believe it. A full open air normal bar inside a large Bocce pizza location. Beauteous. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Last couple years I think it went in. Two blocks from North Park Theater. I was back a few weeks ago, staying at North Park and Hertel, saw the sign and walked in. Couldn’t believe it. A full open air normal bar inside a large Bocce pizza location. Beauteous. 

Yum

rs=w:1300,h:800

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There’s one downtown on Delaware and Chippewa

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I chose the only one I have been to (Left Bank). Roost must be new (?) I looked it up, now I want to go there. I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of these options based on what I’ve heard about them.

Roost Hs a rotating menu. Sometimes adjusts weekly. Sometimes monthly. Martin C. The head chef was actually the original head chef at Left Bank. He later moved to Toronto and ran a kitchen there forever. Came back when Mike A lost his leg and helped in the kitchen at Tsunami. He opened Martin Cooks for a few years that was an intimate 15 seat Prix Fixed 10-15 course meal. That was phenomenal. He closed that and opened Roost, which is much more approachable. 

Just some background. New place but not a new chef. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Max’s Oyster Bar,  West Hartford Ct. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Oliver's on Delaware Ave is where I've had the two best meals of my life. Save room for dessert.

Fun fact, I worked there (valet, bus boy) for a few years in the mid 90's. 

Joe Todaro and his family we're regulars.    His wife, Cookie, required fresh lobster.   Had to make lobster runs to local seafood markets on a number of occasions while valeting.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.