Season-long survivor pool thread

Doc

I have a few rules

1) as someone already posted - stay away from road teams

2) only worry about the current week - don't save a team for the future - you might be eliminated by them. BUT, given the choice between 2 relatively equal teams, pick the one you would be less likely to use in the future

Disclaimer: I have never won using these rules, there is always an upset that you don't expect. A few years ago, the Bills beating the Vikings when huge underdogs took out most of my pool

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I do multiple survivor pools every year, and I have two rules to avoid that one major upset that always knocks out half the pool:

1) Never pick a divisional game.

2) Never pick a road team.

If the pool lasts long enough sometimes you have to break those rules late in the season but I wait until it can't be helped.

Week 1 is always tough to predict and this year is especially difficult. In my biggest prize survivor pool I'm taking the Falcons over the Eagles because I think the Eagles are just that bad this year. In one I'm waiting until the last minute to see if TJ Watt isn't playing, if he doesn't the Bills are a strong pick.

Stay away from Jags over Texans. It breaks both of my rules. Case in point last year week 1 a ton of people picked the Colts at the Jaguars and ended their season before it began. It was the Jaguars only win of the season.

I think Atlanta is a very risky pick.  They are going to be BAD and Philly might be a little better than last year, with a new coach, etc.  I’d go Rams or Bills.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed Barley.  I’m going to have to place in my notes on phone so I don’t cheat and use the same team twice.

I have been in another yearly LMS league for a long time and they require each person to show their previous picks with their new ones.  It helps me keep track too since I just have to find my last post in the last thread.  I’ll do that here too 

• Like (+1) 1

Doc, if you’re reading Barley’s point for all of us unless you’re already doing it, we should have to list say next week our week one choice.  That makes sense and you don’t have to keep track as that’s nuts.  My humble vote is each of us self police and next week when I believe the Rams win this week, I have to place my week 1 choice and keep it running throughout the season.  That’s a great idea barley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, if you’re reading Barley’s point for all of us unless you’re already doing it, we should have to list say next week our week one choice.  That makes sense and you don’t have to keep track as that’s nuts.  My humble vote is each of us self police and next week when I believe the Rams win this week, I have to place my week 1 choice and keep it running throughout the season.  That’s a great idea barley.

LOL!  Actually I started this thread because I wanted help with my buy-in survivor pool.  But if you guys want to keep track, by all means. 

I’ll go Rams over Bears. 

Edited by Doc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.