Season-long survivor pool thread

Doc

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Bills are too obvious this week.  After my first glance at the slate I like the Packers, Titans, and Chefs.

Titans should easily roll over the Jests

Chiefs shouldn't lose 3 straight

Brady and the Bucs will destroy the patriots

Packers knocked me out of this the 1st week, **** them

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

They do look too obvious, but imo it is better to pick against teams in a pool like this. It almost doesn't matter who they play.

Combined, how many games will the Jets, Houston, and the Jags win this season? Going against them would appear to be quite safe imo.

If your strategy is to win the pool (rather than just "surviving") you try to avoid the most obvious pick of the week, as that one will be the most popular and if there is a big upset all of those people will be out.  But yes, you do look for specific teams to pick against.

• Like (+1) 1

week 1 Rams won

week 2 Bucs won

week 3 Ravens won

Week 4 Bengals won

Weekly TY to Doc.  Great idea.  I like some guys are keeping tabs are on their old bets.  To those great

job as it gets harder as the vets to Survivor know.  That’s why I picked the Bengals.  I don’t trust them with any other team.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

week 1 Rams won

week 2 Bucs won

week 3 Ravens won

Week 4 Bengals Over Jax

Weekly TY to Doc.  Great idea.  I like some guys are keeping tabs are on their old bets.  To those great

job as it gets harder as the vets to Survivor know.  That’s why I picked the Bengals.  I don’t trust them with any other team.

Certain teams just scare you. That’s why I didn’t want to pick the Raiders or the Ravens. The Jags have to win at some point. The Bengals aren’t a great team and they are on the road. The Jags do have offensive weapons and are capable of it

22 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Certain teams just scare you. That’s why I didn’t want to pick the Raiders or the Ravens. The Jags have to win at some point. The Bengals aren’t a great team and they are on the road. The Jags do have offensive weapons and are capable of it

the game is in Cincinnati on Thursday. 

12 hours ago, eball said:

If your strategy is to win the pool (rather than just "surviving") you try to avoid the most obvious pick of the week, as that one will be the most popular and if there is a big upset all of those people will be out.  But yes, you do look for specific teams to pick against.

I think that I won it many years ago. Truthfully I was lucky. :) 

8 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know bud, but as you know you make calculated risks in real pools where $ are involved.  I’m rollin the dice baby.  I’m pocketing teams like the Bills, Chiefs, etc. for later if I make it.

Tennessee has burned me in the past in Survivors, I'm a little hesitant to use them against the Jets. They are on the road and could be missing AJ Brown and Julio but probably doesn't matter with Derrick Henry there I guess. I dunno, I just get the feeling it's a trap.

So I'm going with Cincinnati, how could they ever let me down??

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.