Season-long survivor pool thread

Doc

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’ve never actually done one of these. So like if I pick the Bills week 1 and they win, then I can’t use them the rest of the season right? And if they lose then I’m out..

Correct, so you have to weigh how much you'll want to use a team later, combined with the odds that it will even matter that late into the season if everyone else is out.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Bold. Two bad teams facing each other.

It's for the best in the long run in a survivor pool. 

Neither one is a good team, but the Jaguars are on the rise with some good free agent signings and a potential star rookie quarterback.

The Texans have an incredibly distracting situation with Deshaun Watson and a stopgap qb in Tyrod. They lost their offensive star in Hopkins last season and now lost the best defensive player in franchise history in JJ Watt. I Believe the GM consciously wants the team to tank so they can get a new qb #1 overall next year.

7 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

It's for the best in the long run in a survivor pool. 

Neither one is a good team, but the Jaguars are on the rise with some good free agent signings and a potential star rookie quarterback.

The Texans have an incredibly distracting situation with Deshaun Watson and a stopgap qb in Tyrod. They lost their offensive star in Hopkins last season and now lost the best defensive player in franchise history in JJ Watt. I Believe the GM consciously wants the team to tank so they can get a new qb #1 overall next year.

I get it, I just have no faith in the Jaguars organization, and Lawrence is a rookie with a bad offensive line.

I just think there are probably some safer matchups.

I do multiple survivor pools every year, and I have two rules to avoid that one major upset that always knocks out half the pool:

1) Never pick a divisional game.

2) Never pick a road team.

If the pool lasts long enough sometimes you have to break those rules late in the season but I wait until it can't be helped.

Week 1 is always tough to predict and this year is especially difficult. In my biggest prize survivor pool I'm taking the Falcons over the Eagles because I think the Eagles are just that bad this year. In one I'm waiting until the last minute to see if TJ Watt isn't playing, if he doesn't the Bills are a strong pick.

Stay away from Jags over Texans. It breaks both of my rules. Case in point last year week 1 a ton of people picked the Colts at the Jaguars and ended their season before it began. It was the Jaguars only win of the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.