Tyrod Taylor named Texans starting QB vs. Jags Week 1

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

I wonder if this means the Texans are going to subtly, but surely, Tank for the #1 overall pick. 

-New coach this year so he wont have to worry about job security

-New coach wants to pick his own QB.

-AFC is stacked anyway, so there's a built in excuse

-Proof will be how zestily they play against Jacksonville, their main competition (but I'm sure Meyer wants to win NOW).  Betta watch Detroit and Jests, too.

Even before he got to Buffalo, Tyrod Taylor always struck me as a guy who, in college, planned to be a career backup QB for as long as possible.  Came into the league with that strategy.  Take no risks at all.  (Appear to be, at least) be a great locker-room guy.  Always remember to tell the media you want to be the starter, even though you dont want injury to mar your gravy-train chosen career.

So, I dont respect Tyrod, since he's not about football or winning, IMO.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l6951aktpg6d8dcai0

-So you make up a narrative - that Tyrod planned to be a career backup in the NFL

-You ignore or shunt aside any evidence that refutes this - F

-For example, Taylor was drafted by the Ravens and had no choice about the team or his role on it for 4 years

-The MOMENT he became a free agent he signed with a team where he was promised an honest chance to compete for starter - which he did, successfully ,and then started for 3 years

-The man played his ass off to win the Bills their first playoff appearance in 17 seasons

-When the Bills moved on from him, they traded him - again, no choice about the team he played for or his role on it

-Nevertheless, he has competed for and been announced as the starter on 3 other teams since then (Browns, Chargers, Texans)

His whole career either refutes or fails to support your narrative

Then, based on the narrative you create (which is out of sync with the reality of his actual career), you declare that you don't respect him

Un. Be. Lievable.

Tyrod is a competitor.  If he wanted to be a career backup, instead of signing with the Chargers he could arguably have tried to sign with the Ravens where he might be seen as an ideal backup for Lamar Jackson but would have 0 chance to compete for a starting job.

His problem is that  he's never been able to adapt to the NFL passing game, where the QB has to throw with anticipation and into tight windows

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not really, he said Black Qbs are judged more harshly than their white counterparts. 

Yeah and that’s implying racism. Basically saying that if he had been white, he would still be the starting quarterback. When he’s just not that good of a starting quarterback, period. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Didn't he insinuate that  race was the reason why the Bills tried, and then did, move-on from him?

Never heard that, a bit messed up if that’s the true context of what he said but even then the guy was the most productive QB to come to the team in nearly 20 years. I just don’t understand the hate he gets.

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

I wonder if this means the Texans are going to subtly, but surely, Tank for the #1 overall pick. 

-New coach this year so he wont have to worry about job security

-New coach wants to pick his own QB.

-AFC is stacked anyway, so there's a built in excuse

-Proof will be how zestily they play against Jacksonville, their main competition (but I'm sure Meyer wants to win NOW).  Betta watch Detroit and Jests, too.

Even before he got to Buffalo, Tyrod Taylor always struck me as a guy who, in college, planned to be a career backup QB for as long as possible.  Came into the league with that strategy.  Take no risks at all.  (Appear to be, at least) be a great locker-room guy.  Always remember to tell the media you want to be the starter, even though you dont want injury to mar your gravy-train chosen career.

So, I dont respect Tyrod, since he's not about football or winning, IMO.

Really awful post here, top-to-bottom. You have no way to know any of this. Total conjecture. 

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah and that’s implying racism. Basically saying that if he had been white, he would still be the starting quarterback. When he’s just not that good of a starting quarterback, period. 

I think you ought examine your own motives behind this statement. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

No idea why Tyrod gets so much hate around here. Just because he wasn’t a game changing franchise QB doesn’t mean he deserves scorn for ending a massive playoff drought.

Why?

17/37 for 134, 0 TD's and 1 INT. That was his best effort against the Jags.

That was his stat line when the Bills finally returned to the playoffs after over a decade and a half of ineptitude. As much as he wanted to think he was a pivotal figure it was the defense that year that carried the Bills into the postseason along with a little help from Cincy, not Tyrod who was benched because he was limited as a QB. Not because of race. 17 for freakin 37! No TDs!

Way to represent Tuh-rod! 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Tyrod is another guy that I’d be happy to see have 1 more season here and retire a Bill.

Could happen.  Trubisky is on a one-year contract and hopes to parlay his Bills' experience into a starting job somewhere.  I thought Jake Fromm might be the eventual replacement but I don't think he has the arm for the job, and Davis Webb looks way too inconsistent.  So the Bills will likely be in the market for a veteran backup next offseason.

18 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Why?

17/37 for 134, 0 TD's and 1 INT. That was his best effort against the Jags.

That was his stat line when the Bills finally returned to the playoffs after over a decade and a half of ineptitude. As much as he wanted to think he was a pivotal figure it was the defense that year that carried the Bills into the postseason along with a little help from Cincy, not Tyrod who was benched because he was limited as a QB. Not because of race. 17 for freakin 37! No TDs!

Way to represent Tuh-rod! 

He wasn't successful but that was against a great Jags defense that almost carried THEM to the SB.  

All I know is my neighbour in the flat upstairs saw me once in about November 2016 coming back from the shops. We walked and chatted for 5 mins and as we got towards the block she said "can I ask you something? Who is Tyrod?" 

Apparently my "THROW THE DAMN BALL TYROD!!" shouts had interrupted a few of her Sunday evenings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not really, he said Black Qbs are judged more harshly than their white counterparts. 

He might be right.  Only in his case Josh kinda blew his point out of the water.

And I hope he does well in Houston. He’s in a bad spot, but I’d love to see him succeed.