Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he wasn't throwing to himself.

Well you're picking out one game out of how many total rain games in the NFL? 

There are numerous times where rain games end up low scoring

You can't correlate one rain game out of thousands and make a conclusion.

9 hours ago, billsherd said:

Not going to the home opener after many years. I wish there was a way to watch the player intros/anthem and the pre game activities.  Highmark will be rocking.

with all the staffing shortages, the stadium might only be 60% full during the player intros

( half-joking)

*This is for week 2*

If you're going to the Bills at Dolphins next week, make sure you go online and get the free parking pass today. They are literally calling ticketholders and warning them to get the free parking now because the paid parking is gone and free parking is limited. You won't be able to buy parking on gameday and the free lots need a ticket purchased in advance.

That's gunna suck for some people.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not seeing anything more than a 50% chance of rain during the game but typically it would be the offense. I hope it’s windy because they have a rookie punter.

Still seeing that but it's 50% thunderstorms. Lightning in OP could make for a long, long game. Looks like it'll be a little windy for sure, though..

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Roethlisberger rubbed his nose like liars do when he said the offense might struggle early. I have a feeling they have something up their sleeve and feel like they can jump on us with Canada's unknown scheming. Whether or not it works remains to be seen.

Power running and WR screens, tons of them.  

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Well you're picking out one game out of how many total rain games in the NFL? 

There are numerous times where rain games end up low scoring

You can't correlate one rain game out of thousands and make a conclusion.

I never think of rain impacting the offense. Wind does, though

Well, my only concern with the team gets tested tomorrow against a team impossible to run on....not optimal.

Yea we can throw it on everyone.  But wind and yes rain makes it....also not optimal.  If I recall there were only 2 bad weather games last year I think only 2.  The Ravens playoff game (extreme wind) and the Chiefs at home.  

Running the ball effectively in the elements. 

Let's find out right now.     

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Well, my only concern with the team gets tested tomorrow against a team impossible to run on....not optimal.

Yea we can throw it on everyone.  But wind and yes rain makes it....also not optimal.  If I recall there were only 2 bad weather games last year I think only 2.  The Ravens playoff game (extreme wind) and the Chiefs at home.  

Running the ball effectively in the elements. 

Let's find out right now.     

It was very windy for the Rams game 

29 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Power running and WR screens, tons of them.  

I'd say Outside running and WR screens.

Because of that new rule (or new emphasis, or new places on the field for it) about how DBs cannot take on a block by going low.  Been predicted that this will lead to more, and more successful, plays to the outside, where OLs can steam-roll DBs, who have nothing they can do except eat it or run away.

5 hours ago, FLFan said:

What a blowhard.  Actually NE ran a 4/7 at times against the Bills last year in the first game.  Others probably have as well.  I doubt we see seven DBs on the field the same time, but go for it.  That is not their strength.  

That's an interesting point.  I had not noticed that.  I thought the Bills ran all over NE for different reasons (like rainy windy weather and giving Allen's shoulder a chance to heal so he could better dissect Seattle the following week)  But if NE was running a 4/7, no wonder we had 38 rush attempts to 18 pass attempts and ran for 190 yds against them.  It was the "Moss -n- Motor" show.

Yeah, I'm reading that like "C'mon Man.  You have one of the best front-7s in the league, and question marks at secondary - now you're saying you'll take off 3 of your front 7 to put more of these inexperienced, untried DBs on the field?  Let's Party!....."

I think it was Leslie Frazier (though it might have been Micah Hyde), before we played Arizona IIRC, about there being a balancing act when facing an unusual offense - you want to adapt, but given a week to prepare, you can't get too far away from what you do best or you'll create problems for yourself with communication and so forth.

Overall last season, the Bills ran a 60/40 pass/run ratio.  We varied substantially from that a few times - NE was 32/68, SEA was 52/48 (with the first half being very pass-centric)

• Like (+1) 2