Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Let me guess … a crap LB trying to covering a WR

This is starting to remind me of Rex Ryan before our 2nd game against NE in 2015, telling the media that after this Sunday the blueprint on how to beat NE would be out there.

I mean...something we haven't seen before on defense...seriously?

I guess 7 DB against our offense might be something we hadn't seen before, but C'mon man.  The Bills are going to come out and run plays until you prove you can stop them, and not worry about "what they haven't seen before" or who's covering Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Steelz said:

That remains to be seen, I actually have alot of confidence in our Oline this year, much more than last year. Now Josh Allen, I'm not taking anything away from him, he's a very good quarterback and a threat as a runner... BUT he has a fumbling problem.. and that's not good when you're playing a defense that led the league in sacks for the last 4 years. During the last 2 years Allen has lost 11 fumbles, 16 over the last 3 years. I expect him to lose a couple more this Sunday 😉

Keith Butler? That you?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love the idea of them playing dime. Please take more front 7 players off the field. I thought it was a race to the QB was how they were gonna play with their front 7. Ain’t gonna be that if you have 7 DBs. And who is coming off the field for what should be a pretty weak DB.  

Heard they like Norwood so maybe they run dime with him.  ACLs have been tricky for some players (see Phillips) so maybe bush doesn’t have his explosiveness back yet and he comes off?  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I completely forgot about Jeffismagic. Wow wonder how the chefs board is treating him 

I think he’s active at Buffalo rumblings. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is starting to remind me of Rex Ryan before our 2nd game against NE in 2015, telling the media that after this Sunday the blueprint on how to beat NE would be out there.

I guess 7 DB against our offense might be something we hadn't seen before, but C'mon man.  The Bills are going to come out and run plays until you prove you can stop them, and not worry about "what they haven't seen before" or who's covering Diggs.

Agree.  Who are these 7 DBs?  Obviously Minkah and Edmunds at safety, Haden and Sutton (inside or out?), then a trio of Pierre/Witherspoon/Norwood/Maulett? 

Keith Butler /Mike Tomlin have always come across sure of themselves, so this is no different.  But it's borderline arrogance their macho bravado, much different than McD style. Their fans follow suit with the extreme confidence.

Back to the 7 DB comment, highly unlikely, but do expect them to mix in dime looks (same.as they did last season), and variety of pressure packages.  I mean this isn't Bmores or KCs secondary from last season, actually its arguably a worse secondary than we faced last 2 seasons from them.

Flip side of story, I have a lot of faith in Daboll and the offense to be well prepared.  

12 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

You don’t see an advantage at the QB position…. Wait til you’re yelling at your tv cause Ben can’t get out of the pocket, having a hard time throwing on the run, making bad decisions trying to do too much…. The Steelers are a tough team but Ben might be the biggest let down cause y’all think he’s still Big Ben of 2015 and still a SB general.

Bills need to limit Claypool deep ball and Gang tackle Harris.

Yeah, Ben might be their biggest liability on offense, if not him, then it's his Oline.

Edited by CSBill

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What a blowhard.  Actually NE ran a 4/7 at times against the Bills last year in the first game.  Others probably have as well.  I doubt we see seven DBs on the field the same time, but go for it.  That is not their strength.  

Edited by FLFan

6 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree.  Who are these 7 DBs?  Obviously Minkah and Edmunds at safety, Haden and Sutton (inside or out?), then a trio of Pierre/Witherspoon/Norwood/Maulett? 

Keith Butler /Mike Tomlin have always come across sure of themselves, so this is no different.  But it's borderline arrogance their macho bravado, much different than McD style. Their fans follow suit with the extreme confidence.

Back to the 7 DB comment, highly unlikely, but do expect them to mix in dime looks (same.as they did last season), and variety of pressure packages.  I mean this isn't Bmores or KCs secondary from last season, actually its arguably a worse secondary than we faced last 2 seasons from them.

Flip side of story, I have a lot of faith in Daboll and the offense to be well prepared.  

This garbage from Keith Butler reeks of false bravado. He knows he is about to get his butt kicked and is hoping he can convince people that he isn’t wetting himself in anticipation of the beating he is about to receive.