Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Why is it a dumb question?

There are plenty of potential answers that make for good writing material to a reporter.

I dunno, I'd be way more focused on Josh's arm. Maybe they need another lesson on that Sunday if they forgot. I dont see Josh trying to gallop through the Steeler d as a focal point of the offense this week.

Edited by Bferra13

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

I dunno, I'd be way more focused on Josh's arm. Maybe they need another lesson on that Sunday if they forgot. 

I'm sure they are... it doesn't make the question less valid. Josh can make defenses look silly in both aspects of the game. The guy stiff-armed Aaron Donald to the turf. He frustrates Joey Bosa with his size.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Steelers can only blame themselves. They let oline go to hell, then this past off season instead of fix it, they double down on skill guys. Not the Steeler way. 

Its a bit delusional. 

Their star center and guard retired and was cut due to injury respectively.  Im sure they did not expect Decastro who was on a possibke HOF tragectory to be gone and I suspect they didn't expect Pouncey to retire at only age 32. 

That said you are correct they had time to address this like the Chiefs did. Makes no sense given this is Ben's last hurrah.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I don’t know that I’d characterize it as Ben having little time to throw as I would he took little time to throw which was by design. He was seldom pressured and only sacked 13 times on over 600 passing attempts. What I find most interesting is that nearly 60% of his passes were short of the first down marker according to PFF. Such a departure from the Big Ben we were used to watching.

This is what washed up looks like.  They will not be able to hide this deficiency all year long.  Maybe not eVen through the first game.  

17 minutes ago, FLFan said:

This is what washed up looks like.  They will not be able to hide this deficiency all year long.  Maybe not eVen through the first game.  

Not sure I’d go as far as to say washed up, but it certainly seems to indicate a certain wearing down over the course of the season. The Steelers are fortunate to get us early in the season when his arm is presumably fresher, so I’ll be interested to see just how many long passes he attempts during the game.