Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Did you have your biscuit or did you risk it? So when did this start with the BUCS? Hearing it first time today.

I think that saying goes a ways back with Arians. I know he was saying it as HC with the Cardinals, but I think it’s something he’s used long before that. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Watt will play on Sunday and will make an impact.

Last year I think he had a grand total of 1 tackle after getting jacked up by Daryl Williams all night.

He was so ineffective they ended up flipping him around just to get him away from Williams.

Watt will show up ready to play and with chips on both shoulders re: his contract and getting dominated by #75 last year,  and I still don't think it will make a galdanged bit of difference. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Key to the game will be Buffalo's pass rush. If the Bills can't get to Big Ben quickly I think he keeps the Steelers in the game picking apart Wallace/Jackson with Claypool. Allen and the offense need to score early and often to keep a lead and hopefully put the Steelers away by the 3rd if the pass rush shows up.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The guy who gave us fits last time we played the Stillers was Cam Heyward.   To un-stall our O we had to switch up the routes the WR were running to put Diggs on shorter, faster developing routes and we made some change to our blocking scheme, my memory fails me.  But IIRC he was still pretty much in Allen's face all game. 

Anyway, Hayward's the guy I hope we've got a plan for.

He's the best player on their entire team as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see the Bills moving Allen around a lot because of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Watt will play on Sunday and will make an impact.

Not saying he definitely won’t but I heard he hasn’t done anything but individual work thus far.  Nothing more at all to avoid injury that would screw his contract position for the season.  Is it realistic to think he’s ready to go full on if they do manage to get something done the next few days?  I’d think he just won’t be ready yet.  

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

Key to the game will be Buffalo's pass rush. If the Bills can't get to Big Ben quickly I think he keeps the Steelers in the game picking apart Wallace/Jackson with Claypool. Allen and the offense need to score early and often to keep a lead and hopefully put the Steelers away by the 3rd if the pass rush shows up.

Yep, completely agree with this. The Steelers will design plays to get the ball out of Ben’s hands very quickly… but if we can’t get to him, it could be a long afternoon. The Steelers will be ready to play.  Would love to see Groot blow up Big Ben on the opening drive. 

Just now, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Not saying he definitely won’t but I heard he hasn’t done anything but individual work thus far.  Nothing more at all to avoid injury that would screw his contract position for the season.  Is it realistic to think he’s ready to go full on if they do manage to get something done the next few days?  I’d think he just won’t be ready yet.  

I'd imagine he could provide some situational pass rushing juice, at the least.

Enough so that the Bills must spend time on it this week, just in case.

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'd imagine he could provide some situational pass rushing juice, at the least.

Enough so that the Bills must spend time on it this week, just in case.

He is a beast of an athlete.  Monster.  You know the coaches are planning for him regardless of his contract situation.  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Yep, completely agree with this. The Steelers will design plays to get the ball out of Ben’s hands very quickly… but if we can’t get to him, it could be a long afternoon. The Steelers will be ready to play.  Would love to see Groot blow up Big Ben on the opening drive. 

If they come at us with a quick passing game, it may be more about our length than pass rush ability.  I’m sure they’ll be reminded to get their hands up in passing lanes. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If they come at us with a quick passing game, it may be more about our length than pass rush ability.  I’m sure they’ll be reminded to get their hands up in passing lanes. 

Well then isn't it nice to have some elite EDGE length on the right (Rousseau) and the left (Epenesa).

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

The heat is a bit of a worry if it's a sunny day, but we typically play well there - and as you mentioned - that place is Buffalo South. 

Heat?😳 HEAT?!? D’aint no heat in WNY! Friends ‘n Fam posted Labor Day pics -Everybody was wearin’ hoodies! If snow isn’t in the gameday forecast, it will be every week thereafter.

’Heat’.. HA!🤣

• Eyeroll 1