Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Put it on Sanders' and Mckenzie's board too.  We can also spin the dial through division of labor in the slot.  All 3 could have a good day if we wanna keep legs fresh.

True. When I read the comment it makes it sound like they are just going to throw whoever in the slot - “spin the wheel”… I would be a bit slighted if I was an all pro slot guy and Pitt didn’t feel they needed to really have a solid plan there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

True. When I read the comment it makes it sound like they are just going to throw whoever in the slot - “spin the wheel”… I would be a bit slighted if I was an all pro slot guy and Pitt didn’t feel they needed to really have a solid plan there. 

For sure.  Your comment caused my mind to contrast their lack of talent at the position versus our overwhelming depth.  For both teams there seems to be pretty consistent performance from all players on the depth chart; just with us were talking about an all pro that starts and they are talking about just a guy that starts.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So.  On the one hand, the Steelers did a pretty good job of shutting Beasley down last year - 5 receptions on 10 targets for 41 yds.

On the other hand, the Steelers CB in that game were Steve Nelson, Cameron Sutton, and Mike Hilton.  (Joe Haden was inactive)

Nelson and Hilton are gone.

I think Sutton was their slot CB last season?  (not sure)

So Sutton and Haden are listed as their starting corners.

I'm sure Tomlin has a plan, I'm equally sure he wants to wait until game day for us to find out what it is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm just curious: am I the lone soul picking the Steelers to win this one? It sure feels that way.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yeah I don't see where you're coming from with this one. I don't see how they score on us and I don't see how they stop us from scoring. 

Their OL sucks and Ben is old and immobile so they can't run or throw deep. So McDermott gets to focus on just the short passing game and he'll have a plan for it.

Other side, how can they match up with all our WRs and limit our passing game? I think Bills win this game handily.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm just curious: am I the lone soul picking the Steelers to win this one? It sure feels that way.

Very few are , and most that have articulated themselves a bit better than what you did with a glorified " I got a feeling we blow it" . 

Its not that the Bills are invincible, but I just don't see it. Steelers Oline is really weak...new offensive coordinator / offensive system with stubborn old QB will be a recipe for disaster. I think the Bills defense will be improved and Big Ben behind this oline is a recipe for disaster.

Pitt is a regional rival we love to hate. Stadium will be rocking. 

Yes Steelers got out to a hot start last year, but our roster is just better all around. The Bills are a top 3 super bowl contender, and most of us are not used to this spot. We're good...we have good focused players, and focused coaching that have not lapsed in these moments. As of 2021, Bills have a better QB, better defense , and better coach. This is my bottom line. 

There were guys like you every week last year. I am cool with that, but itemize the reasons why and maybe there is buy in.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Email received from the Bills regarding some logistics for those attending the game:

“We are so excited to be hosting fans at full capacity for our opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 12.  We wanted to provide some information about gate entry so you can prepare ahead of time.  Like many businesses right now, we are experiencing some staffing challenges and our game day personnel will need to operate even more efficiently than normal to make gate entry run smoothly.  As a result, we recommend that you enter the stadium much earlier than you may be accustomed to in order to be in your seats for kickoff. 

To help make sure you don’t miss kickoff, we are opening the gates 30 minutes earlier beginning at 11:00 a.m. We strongly recommend that you arrive at the gate entry area no later than 12:00pm.  Anyone arriving to the gates after 12:00pm could be in jeopardy of missing kickoff.

Additionally, all points of sale including the parking lots and inside the stadium are now cashless transactions – this is to ensure safety, efficiency and convenience for our staff and fans.  Lastly, all tickets are now mobile, so it will be important to do the following:

• Add your ticket (and parking if applicable) to your phone’s digital wallet in advance to avoid slow or weak Wi-Fi or cellular signals at the stadium.

• Make sure you have a full battery charge before you head to the stadium.

• If you are attending with guests, transfer each person their own ticket in advance.

Thank you and we can’t wait to see you for the game!”

what do you do if you have a flip phone?  snarky replies are welcome as well as real ones. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

you might be. IMO too many people are just assuming the steelers defense is gonna be elite again. We know first hand(2020) what dealing with some injuries, departures, and elite qb's can do to a defense we expect to be good. Tuitt is a huge piece thats gone, Dupree is a good player, and in your original prediction you fail to mention the departure of Hilton, and Nelson. Hilton was a top 3 nickel CB last year and Nelson was an above average #2cb. Their defense is gonna have 4 new starters at key positions. I personally dont see them being nearly as dominant.

Then lets factor in an offensive line that was already awful inserting 2 rookies into opening day as they travel to a notoriously raucous environment. All of this against a team returning 21 of 22 starters after going 13-3..... I personally just dont think pittsburgh is gonna be all that good. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Very few are , and most that have articulated themselves a bit better than what you did with a glorified " I got a feeling we blow it" . 

Its not that the Bills are invincible, but I just don't see it. Steelers Oline is really weak...new offensive coordinator / offensive system with stubborn old QB will be a recipe for disaster. I think the Bills defense will be improved and Big Ben behind this oline is a recipe for disaster.

Pitt is a regional rival we love to hate. Stadium will be rocking. 

Yes Steelers got out to a hot start last year, but our roster is just better all around. The Bills are a top 3 super bowl contender, and most of us are not used to this spot. We're good...we have good focused players, and focused coaching that have not lapsed in these moments. As of 2021, Bills have a better QB, better defense , and better coach. This is my bottom line. 

There were guys like you every week last year. I am cool with that, but itemize the reasons why and maybe there is buy in.

I'm guessing from this response that you didn't actually read the post in this thread where I explained exactly why I think the Steelers will win this one. I listed EXACTLY why I think they take it: Good head coach who isn't going to take two straight losses to the Bills lightly, a fresher Big Ben, an improved running game with Najee Harris, a healthier defense than the Bills have face the last two times out, and the Bills players being too hyped up in front of the raucous crowd (a phenomenon we've seen before with this team). I listed at least as many and as valid a set of reasons for my prediction as you did for yours.

As for "guys like me"....again, not so sure you know what you're talking about here. I'm a pretty relentlessly optimistic person, and I said in that same post that I expect the Bills to win 12 or 13 games this year. Assuming you don't believe they'll win all 17 (which I do not), it seems reasonable and necessary to predict a loss every now and again. Predicting that one of said losses comes against a high quality head coach with a Hall of Fame quarterback isn't exactly ground-breaking stuff.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me -- I recognize that mine is the minority opinion. But to suggest that I didn't explain why I'm predicting a loss or that I'm some type of consistently negative poster is inaccurate and a poor characterization.

29 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

It's a self defense mechanism. Bills should slaughter the Stealers 

It's not. I believe the Bills will win 12 or 13 games this year and take the division. I just don't think they'll win all 17 games. 

Edited by Logic

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

'm guessing from this response that you didn't actually read the post in this thread where I explained exactly why I think the Steelers will win this one. I listed EXACTLY why I think they take it.

I know this post isn't toward me, but just to clarify, I didn't go through thread and see you're reasons as to why you think that. Lol, tbh, I thought you were being sarcastic actually. My bad

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I know this post isn't toward me, but just to clarify, I didn't go through thread and see you're reasons as to why you think that. Lol, tbh, I thought you were being sarcastic actually. My bad

All good, it indeed was not directed at you.