Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m thinking Steelers may try to play 3 DL, 2LB, 6 DB to slow down pass game. Bills RBs may have to have a big game 

I think most teams will do something like this against the Bills. I'm sure Daboll will be ready for it.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not to be too flippant, but I really couldn't care less whether TJ Watt decides to play or not. 

The last time he stepped onto a field against the Bills, Daryl Williams spent 4 qrtrs making him his personal bi*** and I haven't seen anything to make me think that's suddenly going to change.

I half hope he sits out just so I can forever make fun of him for ducking Daryl. :lol:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I HATE the Stillers and BR! The bring back too many bad memories.

Top of that list is Losman being drafted when BR was. It still hurts.

I hope we crush them!!!!

I hope BR has 3 picks and a fumble and we sack him numerous times…. Big, nasty, sandwiched between Rousseau and Epenesa Sacks… that hurt and make him come up limping 👿😈

Effing HATE the Stillers!!!!

I’m with you, bro! The Steelers are my worst team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

just watched the GMFB segment ... Mike Rob high on the Bills and Josh Allen as always.  But why not?!!

On to the game, I see TJ Watt AND Stephon Tuitt could be missing for this one for the Steelers.

I was just checking on watt and tuitt my self and you could be right. But I’m willing to bet if watt wants to play all he has to do is practice one day. But yea that would be huge if there out 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Steelers friend just sent more about Watt contract issue. May hold out? 

Watt did see Bud Dupree tear his knee up last year on a one year deal. That may be enough for him to sit out, especially since he hasn't done any team work yet, taking a huge risk with his health after what he's tried to do this summer. 

14 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I got Doyle, Obada/Basham, Butler, Dodson, Breida/Moss. I think Kumerow and Smith offer too much ST value. Hamlin is a good guess though. 

Bates, Doyle, Sweeney, Breida/Moss, Dodson. Don’t see the Bills sitting any DL. See Frazier/McDermott consistently rotating them. Maybe Hamlin instead of Breida/Moss

Edited by Solomon Grundy

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bates, Doyle, Sweeney, Breida/Moss, Dodson. Don’t see the Bills sitting any DL. See Frazier/McDermott consistently rotating them. Maybe Hamlin instead of Breida/Moss

Bates and Doyle inactive means you can only dress 46 so get two more.  I’m certain at least one DL (there are 11!) will be inactive. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Are we talking about watt not being named a captain?  He seems more up in the air than I thought at the start of the weekend. 

I'm anxious going into the game probably irrationally so, but the Bills should be the better team.

With that out of the way if Watt doesn't play against us the Steelers are going to be bad this year. I mean Big Ben being over the hill and what looks like a bad O-line is one thing but not getting your best pass rusher set to play against one of your toughest opponents would have to be devastating for that locker room.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Bates and Doyle inactive means you can only dress 46 so get two more.  I’m certain at least one DL (there are 11!) will be inactive. 

My guess is Basham as Epenesa was a healthy scratch to start the season last year.  If Phillips is ready to go then Zimmer might also be a healthy scratch leaving you with nine d-lineman (which is the most they dressed for any single game last season).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Not to be too flippant, but I really couldn't care less whether TJ Watt decides to play or not. 

The last time he stepped onto a field against the Bills, Daryl Williams spent 4 qrtrs making him his personal bi*** and I haven't seen anything to make me think that's suddenly going to change.

I half hope he sits out just so I can forever make fun of him for ducking Daryl. :lol:

The guy who gave us fits last time we played the Stillers was Cam Heyward.   To un-stall our O we had to switch up the routes the WR were running to put Diggs on shorter, faster developing routes and we made some change to our blocking scheme, my memory fails me.  But IIRC he was still pretty much in Allen's face all game. 

Anyway, Hayward's the guy I hope we've got a plan for.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bates is not going to be inactive as he was our #2 center all preseason and can play any position across the line.

Doyle should be inactive at this point.

At least one DLman will have to be inactive.  That still gives McDermott and Frazier plenty of DL to rotate.  Basham would be my guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Not an ideal situation for a team with SB aspirations. Imagine having to bring up Wildgoose in January because Tre White or Levi Wallace is hurt….

It's not just injuries but I could see the virus situation playing a bigger factor this year with stadiums packed with fans. 

• Eyeroll 1