Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

The screen, short pass and sweep plays to Najee Harris will be a big factor in this game.  Shut that down early, and the game becomes more one dimensional.  If Pitt has success early, watch out..  I expect a good chunk of fans will be from Pittsburgh, like always..  Should make for some interesting crowd noise.  Send them 'dirty-towel' waiving fanatics back down the 90 or 219 unhappy.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ve said this a couple times this week already. But The Hilton loss in the nickel will loom large. He’s very good. 

Beez and Manny should eat just fine outta the slot this week 

Along with whoever their dime CB will be covering.  I'm loving how Allen is perfecting the quick pass when needed.

That will lessen their pass rush ability.

I HATE the Stillers and BR! The bring back too many bad memories.

Top of that list is Losman being drafted when BR was. It still hurts.

I hope we crush them!!!!

I hope BR has 3 picks and a fumble and we sack him numerous times…. Big, nasty, sandwiched between Rousseau and Epenesa Sacks… that hurt and make him come up limping 👿😈

Effing HATE the Stillers!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tomlin is a very good coach. He will have a game plan to exploit what we didn't do well last year. From their defense I'm expecting a lot of zone looks and delayed blitzes, since Allen struggled more with both last year. From their offense I'm expecting them to attack our middle run defense until we can prove we can stop it, with timely PA passes mixed in. Think the Colts playoff game with Roethlisberger instead of Rivers. The Bills struggled against balanced offenses last year and I think that's what the Steelers are trying to be.

All that being said, from a personnel standpoint the Bills just have so much more talent across the board. We have the better QB, pass catchers, offensive line, secondary. The Steelers have the better front 7 but that's about it. Teams with less talent than us are going to try to play ball control; don't let them.

If Allen stays patient and takes easy throws all the way to the end zone we will get them out of their game plan early. The Steelers don't have the players to lock down our WRs. If their pass rush can't get home we'll move down the field at will.

The defense just needs to play up to their talent level. The Steelers don't have any world beaters on offense and a lot of new inexperienced players on their line. We pressured Roethlisberger a ton of last year and that should be an easy formula to replicate. Harris is a rookie playing in his first professional game. Welcome him to the NFL.

Vegas has us as 6 point favorites for a reason. We have the better QB and roster, a lot more continuity from last season, and Bills fans back in a full stadium screaming their heads off. After working out some initial sloppiness I expect us to slowly pull away with the Steelers never really managing to keep pace. 27-17 Bills.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, P Riv said:

Awesome.... I hope the weather is good and Allen throws it all over the place to start off on a high note.  

(random thought) Speaking of high note... Every outdoor event I've been to this Summer in NY State has smelled like a weed fest, now that its legal.  I hope the Bills home games aren't ganje parties.  The smell is pervasive, even at the State Fair.

You can put your pearls away, dear. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, P Riv said:

Awesome.... I hope the weather is good and Allen throws it all over the place to start off on a high note.  

(random thought) Speaking of high note... Every outdoor event I've been to this Summer in NY State has smelled like a weed fest, now that its legal.  I hope the Bills home games aren't ganje parties.  The smell is pervasive, even at the State Fair.

This is funny. Chicago was exactly the same way when I was there a couple weeks ago for the Bills game.