Peter King says Bills/Rams Super Bowl

The Dean

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

And if you think he meant Davis instead of Kumrow, why would you loose respect for him?  I just don't get it.  

Lousy journalism? Not knowing your stuff yet putting it into print? That actually might not be a thing anymore ha. Nevermind.

• Vomit 1

19 minutes ago, The Dean said:

If either, or both, succeed why would you care who he predicted? You related to Davis? I think Davis is the most likely to make a big impact, but he "emerged" last year, in my mind. Kumerow has yet to make his mark. If he "emerges" as well, how does that hurt?

Kumerow will be lucky to have 15 receptions on the year. He isn't a big part on O unless someone gets hurt.

It seems obvious by the way the article was written that he meant Davis, because IMHO Kumerow isn't going to be very involved on O

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

As long as we're here: There is an interesting discussion about helmets. With respect to the Trench helmet: 

As of Friday, Neubauer said, 30 of 32 teams have ordered Trench helmets for their linemen, through there’s no guarantee they’ll all be used. Players are fickle with helmets. They’ll try out several kinds, even during the season, but sometimes not change.

I guess I'm confused because I keep reading that everyone can only use ONE helmet for the year. What's this all about?

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I'd love to go up against Matt Stafford in the SB. :lol:

While I think Josh is a better QB. But I think Stafford is a terrific QB who will make the Rams better.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

As long as we're here: There is an interesting discussion about helmets. With respect to the Trench helmet: 

I guess I'm confused because I keep reading that everyone can only use ONE helmet for the year. What's this all about?

While I think Josh is a better QB. But I think Stafford is a terrific QB who will make the Rams better.

I think Stafford is a chump who will put up big numbers but will fold at the most inopportune times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think Stafford is a chump who will put up big numbers but will fold at the most inopportune times.

Well obviously.

I think he is one of the NFL's most underrated players.  I guess the next couple of years will tell us.

2017: Picked New England-Seattle. It was New England-Philadelphia.
2018: Picked New England-Rams. It was New England-Rams.
2019: Picked Kansas City-New Orleans. It was Kansas City-San Francisco.
2020: Picked Tampa Bay-Baltimore. It was Tampa Bay-Kansas City.

He has got at least one team right each of the last four years in preseason.

We have a 50% chance of making Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I can see the Bills, but in no way can I see the Rams. I actually see them taking a step BACK this year and fail make the playoffs.

I could see a Buffalo v Bucs because Brady’s division is easy this year with Brees gone.

my SB Prediction:

a boring one…

KC V TB part 2

Odds are against it no matter how invincible they seem as a Super Bowl rematch happened only once in its 55 year history.  I won't dignify the NFC team who won both games by naming them.  I'd love a Bills vs. Packers Super Bowl.  Two small markets showcased in the stadium that represents everything wrong with the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

Peter King has always been top tier but I question the Rams pick. Does that mean I question the Bills pick? Now caught in a late-night swirl of drunken confusion, thanks Pete.

Will personally adjust to Bills-Cowboys. Oh no? Oh yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Peter King has always been top tier but I question the Rams pick. Does that mean I question the Bills pick? Now caught in a late-night swirl of drunken confusion, thanks Pete.

Will personally adjust to Bills-Cowboys. Oh no? Oh yes.

I question the Rams pick too. I think too many people have bought the McVay spin that he is a genius and the problem was all Goff. Do I think Stafford is an upgrade on Goff? Yep. But do I think Goff was the whole problem and the scheme is fine as is? Nope. Also they have lost some pieces on defense - Troy Hill and John Johnson to the Browns for a start - and they lost Brandon Staley who did a great job in his one year as coordinator. I think they will be a playoff team again but I am not sure I really see them as Superbowl calibre. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I need to see it first to be the man you got a beat the man we got to get past the Chiefs

Yep and our best chance to beat them is to the play them in January in Buffalo. Got to get the #1 seed. If we get it, I think we will make the Superbowl. If we don't then I suspect it will be more playoff heartache. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep and our best chance to beat them is to the play them in January in Buffalo. Got to get the #1 seed. If we get it, I think we will make the Superbowl. If we don't then I suspect it will be more playoff heartache. 

You don’t think it starts week 5 

When I scan his weekly manifesto, I find myself using a whining tone.  I’m not a huge fan, but I still check in. Some of his insight into non-football stuff can be cool. But sometimes he gets too political. He’s a hard left guy, fine.   But I’m not looking for politics when I read King.  

I don’t agree with his SB take, mainly his confidence in Stafford. He likes Stafford (age 33) but throws shade at Sanders (age 34).

You should do haiku

When you finish a post, right?

Nah…. Let’s go Buffalo!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

You don’t think it starts week 5 

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we go and win in KC week 5. I do expect it to be closer, expect our offense to do a better job of attempting to keep up, but I still expect them to score on us. Let's see them try and do that with 70,000 Buffalanions screaming themselves hoarse in January though when Mahomes can't hear his linemen from 6 inches away. I really think that is our chance to beat them. 

1 minute ago, judman said:

When I scan his weekly manifesto, I find myself using a whining tone.  I’m not a huge fan, but I still check in. Some of his insight into non-football stuff can be cool. But sometimes he gets too political. He’s a hard left guy, fine.   But I’m not looking for politics when I read King.  

I don’t agree with his SB take, mainly his confidence in Stafford. He likes Stafford (age 33) but throws shade at Sanders (age 34).

You should do haiku

When you finish a post, right?

Nah…. Let’s go Buffalo!

Peter King is a "hard left" guy? Wow. Americans have strange views on what left means. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

My sons at this time of the year always ask me and I to them their predictions.  Football is a common bond for us as I coached them in flag and youth tackle football.  So, I told them this weekend I thought it was going to be a Bills/Rams SB.  One of them said KC/ Rams, and the other Bills/Bucs.

When discussing reasons as they grew up in Tampa so their Bills fandom is basically my brainwashing them over their lives, but are more fair minded than me (I’m an obvious, but I think pragmatic Homer).  For me I think (hope) we’ve done enough to get a four man pass rush and will be much more physical up front.  Sanders to me especially from last year is an upgrade from Brown.  I have hopes for effectiveness in our running game when used.

For the Rams, they had the #1 defense, and Stafford has never had a running game, and a good defense.  He will be perfect for McVeigh’s high flying offense.

Im not predicting who is the winner yet as I want to see both teams for a month or so.  My boys said dad why such a wimp. My response to them was guys, did you really think the Bucs were going to win the SB when they lost to the Saints twice.  They quieted down at that point.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I question the Rams pick too. I think too many people have bought the McVay spin that he is a genius and the problem was all Goff. Do I think Stafford is an upgrade on Goff? Yep. But do I think Goff was the whole problem and the scheme is fine as is? Nope. Also they have lost some pieces on defense - Troy Hill and John Johnson to the Browns for a start - and they lost Brandon Staley who did a great job in his one year as coordinator. I think they will be a playoff team again but I am not sure I really see them as Superbowl calibre. 

I have to agree and add: The Rams and Goff looked like they were playing their first preseason game in that SB. 
   It’s always interesting to me how narratives work. You have a coach like McVay, who has been granted Darling status, and he gets nothing but passes. He has to work his way out of being a genius. He’s a very good coach but he’s fallible.

Maybe Stafford is the missing link, maybe McVay suffers from Hubris in blaming a SB loss on steam and QB who looked utterly unprepared.