Per Nick Wright: Bills will be a fringe contender.

Leonitas

9 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I get that he trolls Bills' fans (hard) for clicks but I question the business strategy behind it.  He is already WAY past sounding like a total idiot with his Josh Allen hate.  I think he runs the risk of losing whatever little airtime he has now.

I don’t get it either. Trolling needs at least an ounce of truth behind it, or be an incorrect sentiment that many people share, regardless of how inaccurate. This dude is really standing alone at this point, saying stuff that doesn’t make sense to anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

I get that he trolls Bills' fans (hard) for clicks but I question the business strategy behind it.  He is already WAY past sounding like a total idiot with his Josh Allen hate.  I think he runs the risk of losing whatever little airtime he has now.

600 Bills fans click and talk about his stuff, that’s why he does it. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

too complicated.  Just call him "Nick Wrong".

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Clean and simple. “Nick Not Worth the Click” is a bit wordy. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Click Wrong" has a ring to it, as well as serving as a cautionary advisory

Dang it, now I’m liking all these.

….I just don’t like the subject.  😁

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Clean and simple. “Nick Not Worth the Click” is a bit wordy. 

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Click Wrong" has a ring to it, as well as serving as a cautionary advisory

We can call it "Nick Bait" instead of "Click Bait" also.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Not clicking. 👻

Yes, ned.

What I posted on earlier in this thread was from the website, but honestly, I don't click on him and I won't even go to web page articles about him again.

Fine talking about him here, but I will aid him in nothing that helps his career.  No acrimony and no canceling.  I just have no reason to support the guy on anything because, quite simply...he lies.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yes, ned.

What I posted on earlier in this thread was from the website, but honestly, I don't click on him and I won't even go to web page articles about again.

Fine talking about him here, but I will aid him in nothing that helps his career.  No acrimony and no canceling.  I just have no reason to support the guy on anything because, quite simply...he lies.

giphy.gif

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The ESPN Process also used by other sports "media" like Fox (PFF likes to use it as well though not to the same degree). It was clarified by @Billy Claude (thanks) that Nick is a Fox guy, but to lay out the process .. I stuck with ESPN who perfected it.

1) Fill in the ESPN type "personality" (for our purposes Nick Wright states something emphatically with little basis

2) The network posts it on youtube with a title like "Nick Wright BLASTS Bills"

3) Fans click on it in outrage and become more outraged over the actual comments. They send the link to others to hear the outrageous claim.

4) The network receives ad money from Youtube based on the clicks.

5) The "personality" in this case Nick gets to stay on the air saying even more dumb things because he brings in revenue

6a) The "hot take" comes true. The "personality" basically crows about it which produces another video where the "personality" Nick Wright doubles down and acts like they are Nostradamus.

7a) The network posts it on youtube with a title like "Nick Wright Bills 2nd Tier Team"

8a) Fans click on it in outrage and become more outraged over the actual comments. They send the link to others to hear the outrageous claim.

9a) The network receives ad money from Youtube based on the clicks.

10a) The "personality" in this case Nick gets to stay on the air saying even more dumb things because he brings in revenue

6b) The "hot take" fails to come true. The "personality" emphatically states that they are "shocked" but does not alter their position but rather makes up reasons why their "hot take" as solid as it was failed to come true. The fans of the affronted team listen in to hear a mea culpa but instead hear the double down and excuses and become more enraged.

7b) The network posts it on youtube with a title like "Nick Wright SHOCKED Bills ..."

7c) Fans click on it in outrage and become more outraged over the actual comments.

7d) The network receives ad money from Youtube based on the clicks.

7e) The "personality" in this case Nick gets to stay on the air saying even more dumb things because he brings in revenue

There is one that was just recently posted titled "Derrick Henry and the Titans will shock Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills". You have 2 choices .. i) look at it and be outraged and share it with others to express your outrage and in turn provide money to these "media" entities and Nick Wright to continue this foolishness ; or ii) Ignore

Choose the second option please.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I get that everyone in here sort of already understands this but I feel like it’s an opportunity to say it again. (Most of) The national media: knows less about the Bills then (most of) the serious fans and certainly the team beat reporters.

I never understood why there is always such outrage over the way this team gets talked about nationally. The truth is, those guys have to cover every team. And in some cases, every sport. There’s just no way of them having in-depth knowledge of each particular team. It’s very clear when John Clayton is on WGR. If you really listen to what he says and if you aren’t just giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his name…he knows absolutely nothing about the Bills. Sometimes he is so far off, it’s kind of sad. You can hear that Schopp and the Bulldog notice it and they are far from “experts”

Fans who post every day on a message board are in the very serious minority of hardcore, knowledgeable fans. We all can get at eachother from time to time but let’s be real. For the most part, we are all extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the Bills and most know more about the Bills then the national media. As we should. This team is part of our family. We aren’t responsible for writing about 31 other teams. That’s why I don’t even understand why any of us care what these guys say about the Bills? Its not like they are going to tell us things that we don’t already know.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I get that everyone in here sort of already understands this but I feel like it’s an opportunity to say it again. (Most of) The national media: knows less about the Bills then (most of) the serious fans and certainly the team beat reporters.

I never understood why there is always such outrage over the way this team gets talked about nationally. The truth is, those guys have to cover every team. And in some cases, every sport. There’s just no way of them having in-depth knowledge of each particular team. It’s very clear when John Clayton is on WGR. If you really listen to what he says and if you aren’t just giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his name…he knows absolutely nothing about the Bills. Sometimes he is so far off, it’s kind of sad. You can hear that Schopp and the Bulldog notice it and they are far from “experts”

Fans who post every day on a message board are in the very serious minority of hardcore, knowledgeable fans. We all can get at eachother from time to time but let’s be real. For the most part, we are all extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the Bills and most know more about the Bills then the national media. As we should. This team is part of our family. We aren’t responsible for writing about 31 other teams. That’s why I don’t even understand why any of us care what these guys say about the Bills? Its not like they are going to tell us things that we don’t already know.

Bravo. Same is true with the Jack Eichel mess. You'll understand it better reading posts on sister site SabreSpace than any NHL insider relaying propaganda from the agents.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The ESPN Process (PFF likes to use it as well though not to the same degree)

1) Fill in the ESPN "personality" (for our purposes Nick Wright states something emphatically with little basis

2) ESPN posts it on youtube with a title like "Nick Wright BLASTS Bills"

Not that I disagree with you about Nick Wright who clearly has gone to the Skip Bayless School of Broadcasting but Nick Wright works for Fox Sports not ESPN.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Well said!

There are people in the national media I will watch or listen to - Chris Sims, Greg Cosell, the GMFB team.  Especially the former two Know Their Football and generally tell it like it is.  Their takes are worth at least hearing.  The GMFB team is just funny a lot of the time (plus has some guys on there who know football)

"Pundits" who are the football equivalent of "Shock Jocks" on radio, are not worth giving attention to (Nick Wrong, "First Things First" in general, Colin Cowherd "The Herd" etc etc.

They are the reason I have to go suck up to my Pittsburgh Fan Parrot-Owning Neighbor to have a convenient place to watch Monday's game live on a big screen, because in general ESPN is not worth the cable subscription to me.  I have a homemade HD fractal antenna up in my attic that's worked well for years to bring in over-the-air TV.

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

Not that I disagree with you about Nick Wright who clearly has gone to the Skip Bayless School of Broadcasting but Nick Wright works for Fox Sports not ESPN.

Fox Sports, even worse

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.