Per Nick Wright: Bills will be a fringe contender.

Leonitas

I actually just heard his explanation for the Bills and the Titans (I'd only seen the segment with Cowherd originally now watched the actual bit) which essentially is rosters very similar to last year and they have both had a couple of shots at the Chiefs and can't get it done and the road in the AFC goes through Kansas City. You know I don't think that is a totally ridiculous argument. Feels a bit like he was looking for a way to get to that answer but there is something in that. The Browns at least on paper got closer last year and then upgraded their roster (again, on paper) more than any team in the AFC. 

Doesn't mean I agree with him, I think Cowherd's tiers are much closer to mine (except he is too high on Indy) but I don't quite think it is as crazy as I did before. 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Can really argue this. They do essentially have the same roster with some added rookies and got their doors blown off by the Chiefs in both games.

Yea having watched his explanation I do see what the basis for his opinion is. I still disagree but he does at least have an arguable case.

Nick Wright has a Tom Brady accessory for a nose and a face i'd like to punch.  He presents like his Mahomes/Chiefs ballwashing takes matter, but they don't.  He's consistently proven wrong. 

This guy is Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless' special-ed love child when it comes to knowing anything. Just as boisterous as those two clowns,  but with less knowledge and more homerism.

22 hours ago, Success said:

I appreciate the response & agree - but have to take issue with your characterization of Wright as a "reporter."  

Sadly, Bayless is the guy that people now aspire to be.  Make millions by trolling.

Bayless is a strange one. I've only seen a few clips of him but the guy seems to have checked out, like he clearly does zero research unless it's about the Cowboys or the Jets or one of those other teams the media loves.  

He did a bit last season about Allen not being as good as Baker and it was obvious the guy knew nothing about Allen and had probably only seen him play a couple of times. It's staggering that he makes so much money

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually just heard his explanation for the Bills and the Titans (I'd only seen the segment with Cowherd originally now watched the actual bit) which essentially is rosters very similar to last year and they have both had a couple of shots at the Chiefs and can't get it done and the road in the AFC goes through Kansas City. You know I don't think that is a totally ridiculous argument. Feels a bit like he was looking for a way to get to that answer but there is something in that. The Browns at least on paper got closer last year and then upgraded their roster (again, on paper) more than any team in the AFC. 

Doesn't mean I agree with him, I think Cowherd's tiers are much closer to mine (except he is too high on Indy) but I don't quite think it is as crazy as I did before. 

So, uh, what's his explanation for putting the SB Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers a tier below GB and on a par with the Rams and SF?

Never mind, I actually don't care.

Fortunately for all concerned, football games are played on Sunday and occasionally other days of the week, not on paper.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t at all disagree that the Browns and Packers will prove to be in the upper tier of the league…. Disagree with him that the Bills, and Bucs shouldn’t be there too.

KC is in a class of its own.

Please.  They just came off a SB in which they lost 31-9.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I've seen that jackass's pathetic act on TV before- no thanks to clicking.  I have better things to do.  I don't give two ***** what Nick whatever thinks

Is this the one who sounds like a woman?  The name rings a bell.  Enough of a bell to not give him any clicks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.