Per Nick Wright: Bills will be a fringe contender.

Leonitas

39 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can you go ahead and remove the video and just list his tiers.

There's no reason to give him the views since he's doing it because he knows we will react. 

I pasted it before the video.

Edited by Leonitas

All that he said about the Bills (and the Titans) is that they haven't shown (yet) they can beat the Chiefs.  Well, OK. Let's play the games, shall we?  I think he just wanted to set up a nice neat pyramid so he came up with some factor that might not reflect this year's versions. 

He says the Browns have the best roster 1-53 in the league.  I don't think so.  They have a good roster 1-22 but I question their depth, and maybe that should be 2-22 because they clearly don't have a better QB than several other teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’m yeah, tool.

you know what’s fun about these idiots is remembering and when we are 7-1, watch his take.  Too bad he doesn’t have a call in show to throw back at him.

Moving On.  Oh and my friends be prepared for more clickbait all week.  I bet as many dingbats pick the Steelers over the Bills and then watch on Monday when we beat them by 10.

44 minutes ago, Leonitas said:

And of course he puts his team at the top of the tier.:lol:

Capture.JPG

You can't blame him for thinking like that if Bills-chefs games was the only Bills game he has watched.

I bet that's the only ones he watched, because they kick our ass and make us look like suck/suckiest/suck-suck.

Somebody should post this in the Bills locker room and make sure McD sees it.

We have to get a lot better to beat the chefs, kids. Like it, don't like it, it's the truth.

I think we can but we have a long way to go....

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just going to leave this here (should be able to watch it without instagram account)

Buffalo Bills PR put Nick Wright in a body bag.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKNS8RfBrE8/?utm_medium=copy_link

Makes me feel all peaceful to have Nick Wright prognosticating against us again.

If he picked us to win, I'd worry.

And in that video he shows how little he actually knows because the Ravens do not in fact want to beat you by running it right down your throat. Indeed when we were looking towards the playoffs last year I said on this forum Cleveland and Tennessee were the two teams other than KC that made me nervous because they DO wanna run it right down your throat and in one sense Nick Wright is correct that is a weakness for the Bills. Baltimore wants to beat you running but Greg Roman is not, contrary to some popular belief, a smash mouth style coordinator. He is one of the most creative coordinators in football and yes he wants to beat you running it but their run game is much more multiple. Arthur Smith and Stefanski want to run that inside zone Shanahan style scheme but Greg Roman will run a bit of everything and anything run game wise with lots of meshing concepts and out of formations that to the casual observer all look the same. You don't have the consistent run game success that Roman has had across 3 teams if you just want to run it up the gut every play. His rushing ranks as an OC in the NFL:

SF: 8th, 4th, 3rd, 4th;

BUF: 1st, 1st*;

BAL: 1st, 1st;

*fired after week 2 but the Bills continued to use his scheme with Anthony Lynn calling the plays. 

Nick Wright is a fan with a microphone. He understands very little about the game.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Nick Wright has been given the license to be silly and make imbelic prognostications in the interests of being controversial. He should be dismissed by all rational observers. 

33 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Nick Wright disliking Josh Allen and the Bills by proxy is a gimmick. He knows everytime he does it, he'll get a bunch of views, Twitter responses, and exposure from PO'ed Bills fans. Don't play the game.

Pretty much he knows any shade he throws at Buffalo will get him attention. He's also apparently decided that his being a fan of KC prevents him from looking at them in a professional manner which honestly fits with the kind of crappy commentator he is.

28 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

You can't blame him for thinking like that if Bills-chefs games was the only Bills game he has watched.

It wasn't. 

After the Bills-Colts game, for example, he said we didn't win it, the Colts lost it (like the Bills had nothing to do with the Colts losing it)

It wasn't like the Colts committed a bunch of unforced errors - penalties or fumbles or interceptions. 

The Bills just stopped them when they needed to, on 3rd down and 4th down and short of the goal line.  When someone who knows football watches those plays, they're rock-solid defensive plays.

And the Bills moved the ball to get out of trouble when they needed to - it wasn't like the Colts were fooled or out of position, Josh Allen was making big-time throws and his WR were making big time catches.

1 hour ago, Leonitas said:

And of course he puts his team at the top of the tier.:lol:

Capture.JPG

KC is a very good team and deserves to be at the top of the tier.

But putting GB and the Browns above Tampa Bay, then putting the Bills in a 4th tier, is just clickbait crap.

The Browns are a better team than the Ravens, Titans, and Bills in the AFC when they prove they are.

You could argue for GB being good and having gotten a raw deal with penalties etc in the NFCCG, but they're a better team than Tampa when they prove they are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Don't know anything about this guy, but don't expect every person out there to think what we think about our team or what we want them to think.  Honestly, Buffalonians are the thinnest skinned people ever.

He's only doing this for clicks. It is his job so why not?

• Agree 1

Oh, fringe contender for the championship? That's pessimistic, but not completely nuts.

Fringe contender in the AFC would be completely nuts.

Most reporters and pundits in the mainstream media are straightforward with their opinions. Wright seems to be an exception, either deep down biased against the Bills or trolling for effect. This is less bizarre than many of his Bills-related opinions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.