SI Predicts Bills Win AFC East at 11-6, tied with Pats(Wildcard)...LMAO

Big Turk

I mean, I get it New England may have improved but they have a rookie QB, and a lot of new pieces. The Bills are head and shoulders the class of the division, and it's borderline insulting suggesting the Pats are somehow in the same ballpark as we are.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/04/afc-east-preview-predicted-order-of-standings

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean, I get it New England may have improved but they have a rookie QB, and a lot of new pieces. The Bills are head and shoulders the class of the division, and it's borderline insulting suggesting the Pats are somehow in the same ballpark as we are.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/04/afc-east-preview-predicted-order-of-standings

You know how sometimes around here some people come in and tell you, “relax” and “who cares what they think” and “wait for the season”?

I’m not one of them.  This is b***s*** nonsense from SI and I agree with you completely. 

A member of this board, a friend of mine who was in ear shot of BB a few years ago at an exclusive setting heard him say, “I’m a .500 coach without Brady.”  

It wasn’t hyperbole regardless of his past successes.  I just don’t see that this year from them.

Additionally, first place schedule woes my a** with respect to the Bills, that some have said on why they will faulter.  At worst I think our boys go 12-5.  At worst.  However if they go 11-6 I don’t think anyone in the division is tying them at that record.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You know how sometimes around here some people come in and tell you, “relax” and “who cares what they think” and “wait for the season”?

I’m not one of them.  This is b***s*** nonsense from SI and I agree with you completely. 

A member of this board, a friend of mine who was in ear shot of BB a few years ago at an exclusive setting heard him say, “I’m a .500 coach without Brady.”  

It wasn’t hyperbole regardless of his past successes.  I just don’t see that this year from them.

Additionally, first place schedule woes my a** with respect to the Bills, that some have said on why they will faulted.  At worst I think our boys go 12-5.  At worst.  However if they go 11-6 I don’t think anyone in the division is tying them at that record.

Bingo Donuts—why does the schedule automatically hurt only us? Aren’t the other guys the ones who need to knock their W-L record projections down a peg based on the fact BUFFALO is on their schedule? 🧐

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good teams fail to meet expectations all the time. We're just not used the the luxury of having championship aspirations on a (hopefully) yearly basis.

And, considering their roster and opt-out returns, the Pats* look reasonably solid. 

I think and hope we'll do more in the regular season than this prediction but it's not outlandish or unprecedented. 

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Good teams fail to meet expectations all the time. We're just not used the the luxury of having championship aspirations on a (hopefully) yearly basis.

And, considering their roster and opt-out returns, the Pats* look reasonably solid. 

I think and hope we'll do more in the regular season than this prediction but it's not outlandish or unprecedented. 

We are not simply a "good" team.  We are an elite team.  Big difference.

22 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Yea is there a world where Buffalo and New England both win 11? Sure. But I think 11 wins is the absolute floor for the Bills whereas I think it is the absolute ceiling for the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Here are my 2 cents:

Penny #1: When has Belichick ever proven to be more than just an average to just above average head coach without Brady? 👂🏾 I’ll wait…

Penny #2: When is the last time SI predicted our record and it didn’t end up an underestimation? 👂🏾Again…I’ll wait…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's not unrealistic that we finish with the same record but win the division.  We have to play the Chiefs while they have the Chargers.  They get the Bucs and Saints at home while we get them on the road.  They're also very good at cheating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Additionally, first place schedule woes my a** with respect to the Bills, that some have said on why they will faulter.  At worst I think our boys go 12-5.  At worst.  However if they go 11-6 I don’t think anyone in the division is tying them at that record.

SI interns at it again.  We are going 13-4, Pats  maybe 9-10 wins, Fins maybe 8-9 wins, and Jets will be lucky to squeak out 5 wins.  I scanned the article as it’s on the main board.  Barely anything of substance in it.

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t read the article but it seems it mentions a first place schedule? If so, who cares that it’s first place as that’s by title only. Would anyone really rather play dallas than Washington, Baltimore vs Pittsburgh for us? Sure, we get the chiefs but the other two “first place games” are easier than had we had the second place schedule. So add that to the fact that Miami and NE play us twice vs us playing them, plus they get Cleveland and Baltimore vs Steelers, and I’d say we are in much better shape schedule wise.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t understand why fans get upset with predictions. 

A 11-6 record could happen.  I believe it’s unlikely but it’s possible. Predictions can be instructive if the analysis is sound. For example, the offensive line might not gel, the think DB corps could spell doom, the DL does not perform to expectations. Josh’s old habits re-emerge. I’m not saying one or more will happen, but it’s possible. 

On the other hand, if for example the analysis sites a poor WR corps and bad safeties, then it’s easier to dismiss. 

1 hour ago, billsfan5121 said:

Didn’t read the article but it seems it mentions a first place schedule? If so, who cares that it’s first place as that’s by title only. Would anyone really rather play dallas than Washington, Baltimore vs Pittsburgh for us? Sure, we get the chiefs but the other two “first place games” are easier than had we had the second place schedule. So add that to the fact that Miami and NE play us twice vs us playing them, plus they get Cleveland and Baltimore vs Steelers, and I’d say we are in much better shape schedule wise.

Agree. Kansas City apart I'd take the 1st place schedule over the 2nd place schedule. I'd take Pitt over New England's Cleveland (3rd place schedule) too. 

• Agree 1

Click bait, don’t fall for it,

• Haha (+1) 1