ISO: Suggestions for moderators at PPP

SDS

Other ideas to improve PPP (and social media in general):

1) to post here, you have to participate in a monthly in person call where we see each other face to face with real names

And/or

2) use real names here. Everyone has to be verified

and/or 

3) do 3 regional service projects each year from the ppp community. Want to post here? Participate in person. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, John Adams said:

1) to post here, you have to participate in a monthly in person call where we see each other face to face with real names

And/or

and/or 

3) do 3 regional service projects each year from the ppp community. Want to post here? Participate in person. 

I think seeing some of these faces would make me more belligerent and judgmental.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

And/or

and/or 

lol.  This reminded me of the guy who was on here a couple years ago (since banned, I believe) who made a post asking all Trump supporters to make a video detailing why they voted for him 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, John Adams said:

Thanks for your support ***** birds. I can not like it and wonder how to make it better and be grateful for it and  be critical of it. Life isn’t black and white or good vs evil ya ding dongs. 

If he posted here, both sides would mock Jesus. We can be better and have better debates but not at the moment. 

You have no idea what I do. 

If you read my post nominating myself to moderate you read it wrong. I have a life. I see we’re finding no unicorns. Shocker. 

Arguing in this thread may disqualify you

On 9/5/2021 at 3:26 PM, Irv said:

I don’t think PPP can be moderated fairly. I notice political bias on the other TBD sections.  Moderators giving out penalty points based on their personal opinions. 

Just a point here, Irv - how would you notice that?  

Since you are not a mod, and we mostly don't discuss our actions on the board, you don't see all of what gets hidden and what/who gets warned, right?

It's not uncommon that I get PMs from people filled with indignation that they have been warned based upon "political bias" or in spite of "political bias"

Just injecting a fact, Over and Out

• Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since you are not a mod, and we mostly don't discuss our actions on the board, you don't see all of what gets hidden and what/who gets warned, right?

It's not uncommon that I get PMs from people filled with indignation that they have been warned based upon "political bias" or in spite of "political bias"

Well, having been a recipient of unjust warnings followed by immediate suspension, I whole heartedly agree with Irv.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm afraid you give me another penalty point, but I'll take that chance.  Here's a great example.  How did this break any forum rules?  You just didn't like my humor.  Some moderators have their targets.  I probably would too.  I would not be a good moderator either.  

image.thumb.png.a79561fea157fd84160b66e817cf6356.png

Edited by Irv
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I'm afraid you give me another penalty point, but I'll take that chance.  Here's a great example.  How did this break any forum rules?  You just didn't like my humor.  Some moderators have their targets.  I probably would too.  I would not be a good moderator either.  

That’s abuse of power plain and simple. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

That’s abuse of power plain and simple. 

Abuse of power he says. Hapless wields all the power that comes with the trappings of being a Bills board moderator.

11 hours ago, ALF said:

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

This rule would need a lawyer to moderate imo

I know a poster who would be happy to make these professional judgment calls. 

B-Man better work that ctrl-V while he can. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Well, having been a recipient of unjust warnings followed by immediate suspension, I whole heartedly agree with Irv.

17 hours ago, Irv said:

I "third" this.  I received the same treatment from the same moderator.  I broke no forum rules.  Zero.  I lodged a complaint with Scott. First time in 11 years of being on this board I felt I had to do that against a fellow fan.   Silence.  I can only assume it's acceptable for moderators to treat others that way.  I am a solid contributor to this message board.  I use one handle only.  I don't make fun of other fans.  I've always followed the etiquette here. 

This board tolerates making fun of the guy who dresses up as Peter Pan, routinely hosts threads on whether you'd have sex with a particular woman in the news with the "Would ya?" posts who are often charged with child sexual assault, routinely hosted numerous threads of drunk, angry rants before, during and after games, and finds posts shaming people over sincerely held beliefs about their health acceptable. 

However, you incorrectly name a player in your post, you get a penalty point.  Right.   It's a farce.  The PPP has sharp elbows, but to be honest, a discussion about Afghanistan is far above the bar of whether you'd have sex with the teacher who got arrested for having sex with her students.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Irv said:

So we agree that this forum is fine without megalomaniacs moderating the the last sliver of life out of it like the other forums.  

That’s what makes it amusing.  We get to mock each other, have a friendly repartee, and generally convince each other of absolutely nothing.  It’s like an internet version of KUWTK.  And that’s what makes it interesting. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is the most bipartisan agreeable thread in the history of ppp

sectionc3 agrees with Irv and it’s not a mess.. 

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

So we agree that this forum is fine without megalomaniacs moderating the the last sliver of life out of it like the other forums.  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s what makes it amusing.  We get to mock each other, have a friendly repartee, and generally convince each other of absolutely nothing.  It’s like an internet version of KUWTK.  And that’s what makes it interesting. 

this is a unique forum of verbal sparing.  It is be harmless to those who avoid it.  

I also  nominate john Adams to create a new moderated political forum that uses ID verification and Facetime’s once a week. Those looking for that experience can go there.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this is a unique forum of verbal sparing.  It is be harmless to those who avoid it.  

I also  nominate john Adams to create a new moderated political forum that uses ID verification and Facetime’s once a week. Those looking for that experience can go there.  

Agree.  Is there enough money in the budget for facial recognition software/algorithms?

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe we should get some kind of historical marker for this.  We actually agree on something! 

• Agree 1