ISO: Suggestions for moderators at PPP

SDS

16 hours ago, John Adams said:

I nominate BillsTime, Big Blitz, B-Man, and Tiberius. 

Might as well let PPP be run by the people who dominate it. 

Or SDS can run an algorithm and appoint the top four posters by volume as mods. 

Or we could hide the board from site and say even nastier things. 

I'd rather catch Small Pox! 

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Ban memes, cut and pastes, and links....if you have something to say...use your own words...how about that? 

So you want to ban B-Man and BillsTime? 

Here's a thought. SDS appoints the top 25 (?) posters by volume along with anyone he sees fit to form PPP rules and tells them they have to come up with an agreed rule set between all 25 of them AND identify 3 mods from their midst. If that group can do that within say 6 weeks, great. Those people become the new mods and the new rules are the new rules. If not, shut the place down. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Here's a thought. SDS appoints the top 25 (?) posters by volume along with anyone he sees fit to form PPP rules and tells them they have to come up with an agreed rule set between all 25 of them AND identify 3 mods from their midst. If that group can do that within say 6 weeks, great. Those people become the new mods and the new rules are the new rules. If not, shut the place down. 

Are there even 25 unique poasters on PPP?

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, John Adams said:

What is the problem that needs to be solved?? Moderating a political forum impartially in today’s world is impossible. 

45 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Are there even 25 unique poasters on PPP?

I'm 23 of them. Why do you think I suggested this? 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What is the problem that needs to be solved?? Moderating a political forum impartially in today’s world is impossible. 

PPP does not add to the community of TBD or the world, it detracts from it. 

If it's a net negative, it needs to be gone or be fixed.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Please don't put put words in my mouth....

Moderate this shthole? By volume? By idiots who have nothing to do but spend all day everyday plugged into whatever brand of crap they use to reinforce their beliefs and turn around and repost it here? Sounds legit.....

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Please don't put put words in my mouth....

Moderate this shthole? By volume? By idiots who have nothing to do but spend all day everyday plugged into whatever brand of crap they use to reinforce their beliefs and turn around and repost it here? Sounds legit.....

If the people who *****-post the most can't reach agreement, shut it down. Kumbaya around the fire or set it on fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, John Adams said:

If the people who *****-post the most can't reach agreement, shut it down. Kumbaya around the fire or set it on fire. 

Is it personally costing you something for it to exist?

What would be the difference for you personally between it shutting down or just no longer clicking to PPP? 

Maybe you can start your own moderated political  subforum and everyone will flock to it?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John Adams said:

I'm 23 of them. Why do you think I suggested this? 

PPP does not add to the community of TBD or the world, it detracts from it. 

If it's a net negative, it needs to be gone or be fixed.  

And you volunteered yourself to moderate.  How about don't visit the PPP side of the site if you're so put off.  You don't seem to show up on the football side.

Thanks for your support ***** birds. I can not like it and wonder how to make it better and be grateful for it and  be critical of it. Life isn’t black and white or good vs evil ya ding dongs. 

If he posted here, both sides would mock Jesus. We can be better and have better debates but not at the moment. 

13 hours ago, snafu said:

And you volunteered yourself to moderate.  How about don't visit the PPP side of the site if you're so put off.  You don't seem to show up on the football side.

You have no idea what I do. 

If you read my post nominating myself to moderate you read it wrong. I have a life. I see we’re finding no unicorns. Shocker. 

Edited by John Adams

On 9/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nearly as bad are the despicable attempts to leverage political capital from such nationally embarrassing moments by embellishing and deliberately cultivating fear. But the respective flock just fall into line without challenging the narratives. 

What's truly bad about it is it happens on both the right and left and both sets of sheep point fingers at the other side but never themselves.  And truly pathetic that each set of sheep considers their ignorance more reasoned and intellectually superior to the opposing sheep😂

• Agree 2