Calling it now: Devin will be a 1000 yard back this year

Alphadawg7

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wasn’t comparing them talent wise, I was referencing the amount of carries it took to get to over 1000 yards.  You said you can see Devin getting 200 carries, and Jones got 190 and eclipsed 1000 yards.  And Aaron Jones YPC last year was the same as Singletary rookie year.  

Not about whose better, it’s a simple math equation based on the numbers you just said.

But a better talent on the same carries will make more of the opportunities. That factors into the maths (I don't know why Americans say "math") equation.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But a better talent on the same carries will make more of the opportunities. That factors into the maths (I don't know why Americans say "math") equation.

Because it was a math equation based on you citing specific numbers lol.

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And we don't generally say maths, though I rather like that expression.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Because it was a math equation based on you citing specific numbers lol.

I refer to Americans saying "math" when they mean maths. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

And we don't generally say maths, though I rather like that expression.

Yes. It is another way you misuse our language. Bless you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well, I tend to agree with you. I think as the season goes on he'll prove that he is the most effective back on the team and take larger and larger chunks of the rushing load each game. I think this could be a breakout year for him.

I thought last year could have been a big year for him too, but it didn't work out. But I think Daboll and the oline are determined to improve the running game, and I think Singletary is a man on a mission.

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I refer to Americans saying "math" when they mean maths. 

Yes. It is another way you misuse our language. Bless you. 

At least we pronounce things correctly. Your non-rhotic version of English sounds nice, but just isn't proper.

The Singletary 1000k question is interesting to some I guess but not so much for me.

I expect the pass to run mix to actually tick up this season so 25-30 rushes a game would be the absolute top in rushes.

Take out QB scrambles and some designed RPO plays, 3rd and 4th down rushes, goal line situations and some kneel downs you

are left with less than 20 rushes.  I guess now you got to ask what will Singletary's share of those be?

If Devin can prove he can be successful running when teams are expecting a run he could get that 1000k because he would

definitely get the lion's share of snaps.  If he can't then it will be more of a group effort with less rushes.

Daboll IMO will not take the ball out of Josh's hands unless they prove they can run even while up in the 4th quarter.

• Agree 1

I've been impressed with him In pre season.

But just can't see him getting enough carries to reach 1k

1. the bills throw a lot

2. he's going to be in a time share with moss and maybe Breida (if he's active)

3. The bills are not a great run blocking team.

I expect him to increase his YPC, but just don't see the volume there for him to get 1k.

Edited by BillsFan130

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Next time an American pronounces things correctly will be a first time. 

Nice joke, but do some research. The British non-rhotic accent didn't fully develop until the 1800's. This change influenced parts of America like Boston and New York which lead to their non-rhotic accents. But the bulk of America maintains the rhotic accent which is older and more phonetic. Of course, American accents have changed over time as well, but it's silly to say that the British accent is proper when it is a newer fad and different from historical accents. When America was settled the British accent did not exist yet, which is why it wasn't brought over.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Nice joke, but do some research. The British non-rhotic accent didn't fully develop until the 1800's. This change influenced parts of America like Boston and New York which lead to their non-rhotic accents. But the bulk of America maintains the rhotic accent which is older and more phonetic. Of course, American accents have changed over time as well, but it's silly to say that the British accent is proper when it is a newer fad and different from historical accents. When America was settled the British accent did not exist yet, which is why it wasn't brought over.

We are proper. You guys? Nah.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.