Week 1 2021

YoloinOhio

As a UCLA alum, I was not shocked last night. Say what you will about Chip Kelly, but the man can coach, and he now has “his guys.” I felt like I was watching a pro scheme vs a high school scheme last night when watching ucla’s vs LSU’s D. LSU’s WR Boutte, btw, is phenomenal. Looks like a top 10 pick to me. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As a UCLA alum, I was not shocked last night. Say what you will about Chip Kelly, but the man can coach, and he now has “his guys.” I felt like I was watching a pro scheme vs a high school scheme last night when watching ucla’s vs LSU’s D. LSU’s WR Boutte, btw, is phenomenal. Looks like a top 10 pick to me. 

UCLA played fast and hit hard last night. Hadn’t seen that in a while.  Kelly can coach and he’s a proven recruiter on the west coast. UCLA could be onto something here. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not so sure. Like I said, they don't play anybody. Who is going to beat them? Miami? They are going to win out by 40-50 points per game now.

Teams that actually have to face strong opponents are at a disadvantage. 

They may score 40-50 points all season.  No running game.  Suspect passing game. 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not so sure. Like I said, they don't play anybody. Who is going to beat them? Miami? They are going to win out by 40-50 points per game now.

Teams that actually have to face strong opponents are at a disadvantage. 

Miami isn’t even on their schedule. They don’t play another ranked team this season! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Miami isn’t even on their schedule. They don’t play another ranked team this season! 

Clemson shouldn't even be considered by the committee with that schedule. The only possibility of playing a ranked team will be the ACC Championship against Va Tech, assuming they're ranked then. Notre Dame is at Blacksburg October 9th. Big game now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.