Steelers @ Bills ‘91

Chandler#81

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Enjoy!

The Don Beebe game.  I was there and remember how packed the stadium was.  It was super loud too.  If memory serves me correct Barry Foster chewed up the run defense that day but it never mattered because of how easily the Bills scored 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I remember at the time watching the Jim Rome show after this game...  and he talked about how the Bills offense was leaps and bounds ahead of all the offenses in the league... that everybody was in slow motion while the Bills K-Gun was in fast forward  (or something like that).  There was a lot of truth to it and a great time to be a fan.  

With that said.. it blows me away today that we still didn't win a Superbowl in 90 & 91.   Lots of 'excuses' to be had as to why.. but those teams were genuinely too good to not win a Superbowl.. let alone lose it to Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien led teams.   Uggghhh.. Mark Rypien

Here's to  Josh and Daboll finishing off what Jimbo and Marchibroda couldn't do...

Nope second game of the season.  First game of the season was at home against the Dolphins.   Dolphins jumped ahead 14 - 0.. but Thurman Thomas then decided to take over and as per the normal during the K Gun era.. we took it to the Fish.  Great times!

• Like (+1) 2

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Home Opener Steelers @ Bills ‘91
3 hours ago, Bills92 said:

I remember at the time watching the Jim Rome show after this game...  and he talked about how the Bills offense was leaps and bounds ahead of all the offenses in the league... that everybody was in slow motion while the Bills K-Gun was in fast forward  (or something like that).  There was a lot of truth to it and a great time to be a fan.  

With that said.. it blows me away today that we still didn't win a Superbowl in 90 & 91.   Lots of 'excuses' to be had as to why.. but those teams were genuinely too good to not win a Superbowl.. let alone lose it to Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien led teams.   Uggghhh.. Mark Rypien

Here's to  Josh and Daboll finishing off what Jimbo and Marchibroda couldn't do...

Nope second game of the season.  First game of the season was at home against the Dolphins.   Dolphins jumped ahead 14 - 0.. but Thurman Thomas then decided to take over and as per the normal during the K Gun era.. we took it to the Fish.  Great times!

The Bills lost to offensive line led teams.  QBs rode the wave.