Gabriel Davis interview from 9/2

loedward22

could he become a #2 receiver ?  I see him as the very valuable 3rd wide out - sideline-boundary -  behind Diggs and Sanders (not to mention Cole in the slot - and whatever the downgrade TEs can give down the middle and seams ) ?

Like DIggs he was a middle-round pick, and has been praised for grasping the playbook, routes, and just plain getting open and making nice catches on the sidelines

• Like (+1) 1

Good to see from Davis, he hasn't always come across as the most dialed in in interviews in the past (which was understandable for a wide eyed rookie).  He looked noticeably sharp in preseason/camp, more polished on his routes.  I think we will see a lot of 4 WR sets this year (even more than last year) with Diggs/Davis on the boundaries, and Beasley/Sanders in either slot.  How do you stop that?! That's not even counting for Mckenzie.  Cannot wait. Spot the ball! 

Edited by vtnatefootball11
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, loedward22 said:

This is a really good interview from Gabe Davis.  He seems really sharp and after listening to this interview my expectations on him are even higher than before...

So lets hope he considers getting vaccinated now

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/3/2021 at 3:47 PM, Franchiseneedsme said:

Would anyone be surprised if he goes 1100+ and 10-12 TD's?  I wont

We will become tone of the few teams in history to have three 1000+ yards receivers in the same season. Book it.

🧑🏾‍⚖️

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Would anyone be surprised if he goes 1100+ and 10-12 TD's?  I wont

I would not be surprised if he becomes one of the steals of that draft, and I don’t mean just the Bills….I mean the entire draft! 

I don’t want to get carried away, but this guy was a shock to me last year, and he seems to have the drive, the mentors, the QB and the physical tools to just get better. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I would not be surprised if he becomes one of the steals of that draft, and I don’t mean just the Bills….I mean the entire draft! 

I don’t want to get carried away, but this guy was a shock to me last year, and he seems to have the drive, the mentors, the QB and the physical tools to just get better. 

The hype for Hodgins at camp last year was just as high or higher than Davis was. I’m anxious to get him healthy. 

It’s been an unfortunate path for him. 

They are both about the same size and speed. Hodgins is about an inch taller and 0.05 slower over 40 yards. But is much more explosive in the 3 cone and 20’yard shuffle. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

The hype for Hodgins at camp last year was just as high or higher than Davis was. I’m anxious to get him healthy. 

They are both about the same size and speed. Hodgins is about an inch taller and 0.05 slower over 40 yards. But is much more explosive in the 3 cone and 20’yard shuffle. 

I get that, I really do. I hope we see Hodgins emerge, but I’ve SEEN Davis play, and he’s a stud. Davis got no camp hype because camp barely existed to the public, so he was a top secret weapon. He also got drafted higher (4th vs 6th), so that has to say a little something. I think Hodgins needed some time in an NFL weight and training program, and I hope he’s made the most of that. I’m open to good news anywhere! 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

I get that, I really do. I hope we see Hodgins emerge, but I’ve SEEN Davis play, and he’s a stud. Davis got no camp hype because camp barely existed to the public, so he was a top secret weapon. He also got drafted higher (4th vs 6th), so that has to say a little something. I think Hodgins needed some time in an NFL weight and training program, and I hope he’s made the most of that. I’m open to good news anywhere! 

I get it Davis is better than Hodgins. Just saying that the receiving Corp could be even better than they are now with a healthy Hodgins. There is a chance We have Davis and his twin on this roster at some point.

Also, Davis wasn’t flying under the radar. He wasn’t some secret weapon. He was was super hyped at camp. Reporters were allowed and we heard all about him. 

Got this on the first page of Google. Davis is the no. 1 take away from training camp. With terms like “if you haven’t heard if Gabe Davis yet and you’re a Bills fan you have been living under a rock”. And “Davis is this years training camp darling”. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/13wham.com/amp/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/top-five-takeaways-from-bills-training-camp

On this board last August we had guys talking about betting on Davis for ROY and comparing him to Moulds. 

And this thread about JB talking about Davis and Hodgins teaching him the playbook.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I get it Davis is better than Hodgins. Just saying that the receiving Corp could be even better than they are now with a healthy Hodgins. There is a chance We have Davis and his twin on this roster at some point.

Also, Davis wasn’t flying under the radar. He wasn’t some secret weapon. He was was super hyped at camp. Reporters were allowed and we heard all about him. 

Got this on the first page of Google. Davis is the no. 1 take away from training camp. With terms like “if you haven’t heard if Gabe Davis yet and you’re a Bills fan you have been living under a rock”. And “Davis is this years training camp darling”. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/13wham.com/amp/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/top-five-takeaways-from-bills-training-camp

On this board last August we had guys talking about betting on Davis for ROY and comparing him to Moulds. 

And this thread about JB talking about Davis and Hodgins teaching him the playbook.

The rock I hide under is bigger than yours!    :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

You know what the drought, and then seeing a good team, did for me? I’m done pining for the prospect with great talent who just can’t seem to stay healthy. That’s part of making it in this league. I like Hodgins but he’s just another practice squad guy to me until he proves differently. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Don’t forget that draft was touted as one of the deepest WR drafts ever and we were supposed to come away with a good receiver (even tho we used our first rounder on a GREAT receiver) it was almost unanimous that we should still draft another receiver cause of how deep the position was. Who thought Beane would miss? I’m not shocked at all just how the Davis pick is panning out they way it is. It just adds to the laundry list of reasons we continue to be proud of this front office and how they’ve provided a shot in the arm for our fall and winter Sundays for the foreseeable future.