FoxSports fanbase poll - SORRY This was a stupid post by me - some good dialogue on fanbases .. not enough sleep

CorkScrewHill

1 minute ago, Beast said:

20th?

CD4428C9-247A-4EF5-B52A-79F247C2217D.jpeg

Lol, wonder how they come up with these types of things. Those few other times that best or most loyal fan bases were ranked, I believe Bills fans were always one of the top if I remember correctly. So don't know how they determine this kind of stuff, but 20-24th seems a little off when looking at the ones before.

Either way, still seems kinda meaningless

• Like (+1) 1

At this point we all know the fan base the Bills have. When I saw the thread name I immediately thought of that wolves vs sheep analogy. Wolves don’t worry about the opinions of sheep. Bills fans are certainly wolves, fox sports are definitely the sheep 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Patience said:

Top five fan bases: Buffalo, Green Bay, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh.  Has been that way for decades and it remains the same.  

I don't particularly disagree.  In fact, I think this is a pretty good Top Five list.  

I just want to point out that I currently live in KC and don't find the fans here to be as rabid as Bills fans.  They don't wear their colors as much.  They don't decorate their cars with team paraphernalia as much.  They don't jump through flaming tables for their team.  And so on.  

• Like (+1) 2

Fox is as Fox does, no shocker with that outfit…, 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Giants have to be on that list. They have always been sold out (same for the Jets as well). During the 70's they were awful but still packed Giants Stadium. I know they got rid of blacking out home games in the local market but even when that was around the Giants and Jets never had a blacked out home game.

Umm, they have just a wee bit larger population base to draw from…

• Agree 2

Colin Cowherd, all the Jim Rome leftover/wannabees (Ben Maller, JT the Brick, Dan Byers), are all big-city LA Honks. 

They hate small market cities, especially in the rust belt. 

For them it's LA, Miami and nobody else really matters. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They have the Patriots as a #1 seed. Most of those "fans" are cheering for the Bucs nowadays.

Garbage poll.

I mean, that immediately delegitimizes a poll like that.

It's like they base it on traditionally "good" teams.  If Pats fans had to go through the kind of drought the Bills did, about 75% of them would have been on to the Sox or Celtics by now.  

There is no comparison.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

I mean, that immediately delegitimizes a poll like that.

It's like they base it on traditionally "good" teams.  If Pats fans had to go through the kind of drought the Bills did, about 75% of them would have been on to the Sox or Celtics by now.  

There is no comparison.  

If you mention Steve Grogan or Andre Tippett to a Pats fan most would have no idea who that is. Their "hard core" LOL fanbase thinks Pats football started with Parcells and Bledsoe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

They have the Cowboys as a 1 seed. I lived for a time in Dallas and went to a Cowboys game in Dallas .. they are a lifeless bunch of fair weather fans. They have the Texans as a 3 seed going up against the Bills as a 6 seed in round 1 - that is just insulting. The Bills out polled them 90.2 percent to 9.8%. I get that it is a meaningless poll, but sometimes this lack of respect kind of ticks me off. 

Go Bills!

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/

Nice of them to give Buffalo a bye in the first round.   Are there even Texan fans left anymore?

There is us, Cleveland and Pittsburgh… 

Those are by far the most hardcore fan bases, and it’s not even close.  In terms of diehard devotion to the team, their only rivals would be the “supporters” (as they call themselves) of British football clubs.

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:
Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan