Stake your position on abortion

Abortion where do people stand?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion - what should be legal? (excluding rape and incest)

• Never
    • Upon detection by a medical entity but then immediately
    • 6 weeks along, if un aware you miss the window.
    • First trimester at latest
    • Second trimester at latest
    • Full term assuming no risk to birthing human (Mother for people who are normal)
    • Only in certain health situations for the berthing human at any time
    • Bruh I’m woke and identify as male so I cant pretend be in this conversation and don’t want to exacerbate things 😉
    • Other-what else is there?

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

My daughter went with our church yesterday.  2nd time she's went.  

I told her this could be historic it could be the last one if Roe is overturned.

Knowing this as the background you'd think in between Trump nonsense that only 50 people in America care about they'd find a bit more time to cover it - which they do less and less of because the media is the enemy of the people.     

Especially considering the new DC protocols limited some of what they usually do including a mass and social meet and greet and gatherings where they do some fun stuff.   Not this year.  Those were canceled. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Self-awareness is hard.

DCCC insists that ‘Republicans’ have no business interfering in your private medical decisions

You mean like forced vaccinations, forced masking, censoring scientific information, rejecting natural immunity, and treating the unvaxed like 2nd class citizens?

Wrong party.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/01/22/period-dccc-insists-that-republicans-have-no-business-interfering-in-your-private-medical-decisions/

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

You mean like forced vaccinations, forced masking, censoring scientific information, rejecting natural immunity, and treating the unvaxed like 2nd class citizens?

Wrong party.

Not a single thought of your own...

Hurry - Have @Deranged Rhino / @Frat Train / @BuffaninSarasota / @Precision bail you out Bonnie.

giphy.gif

Self-awareness is hard... lmao

FTA:

In 2011, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released an Abortion Surveillance Report. According to that report, Black women make up 14 percent of the childbearing population, and yet 36 percent of all abortions were obtained by Black women. At a ratio of 474 abortions per 1,000 live births, Black women have the highest ratio of any group in the country.

These statistics and the prevalence of voting for Democrats in the Black community gives the misconception that Black Americans are pro-choice. But the truth is, our community is very pro-life. Just 46 percent of Black Americans believe abortion is morally acceptable, and just 32 percent believe it should be legal in all circumstances.

The views of the politicians who claim to speak on our behalf simply don't reflect the deep ambivalence in the Black community toward abortion.

It's an ambivalence my birth mother had to overcome. And overcome she did. Despite the fact the odds were not in her favor, my birthmother chose life. She chose to put someone else's needs above her own. She chose to look beyond her circumstances and trials and give me a chance at life, even if everything in her surroundings said otherwise.

And I am so deeply grateful to her for it. She then turned her life around, got clean and lived a healthy life up until her death in February 2015. I got to meet her. And when I did, I learned that she wasn't just pro-life for the sake of her children, but also for herself. She was very involved in her community, helping at-risk youth and providing them with better options and offering solutions.

She understood that it takes a village to help people choose live. So did my adoptive parents, Robert and Marcella Minor, natives from Dayton, Ohio. While they were unable to have children naturally, they chose to love and care for someone who was not their own.

Every year in January, when I see thousands of pro-life activists marching in D.C. in the March for Life and calling for the upholding of the sanctify of life, I see myself. Being pro-life isn't political for me; it's personal.

And there are many others in my community like me. Alveda King, a prominent Black conservative and the niece of the late civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., is a big advocate for the unborn. So is Horace Cooper, Co-Chairman of Project 21, a network of Black conservative leadership. So is Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, an avowed critic of Roe v. Wade.

But it's about more than trying to get the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, even though I would support that gesture. It's about more than just getting a politician to sign a pledge. It's about more than just a march. This is about preserving and promoting life. The right to breathe the air and a chance to fulfill the purpose that my Creator has given me.

Black Americans are an ideologically diverse demographic whose views are all too often flattened into a single ideology. Don't let the narrative fool you. Many are like me, my birth mother, my adoptive parents, and the communities we've made our homes.

Many of us choose life.

Demetrius Minor is a preacher, advocate, relationship builder, and a writer. He has been the director of coalitions in Florida for Americans for Prosperity, where he worked in partnership with the NAACP.

https://www.newsweek.com/black-americans-are-deeply-ambivalent-about-abortion-opinion-1671263

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Infanticide.

But keep pretending that this isn't the goal of the left.

Vermont Plans To Enshrine Legal Abortions Right Up To Birth

The Federalist, by John Klar

A three-year battle in Vermont is coming to a head over Proposal 5, an amendment to the state constitution that would enshrine existing Vermont abortion “liberties” to terminate pregnancies up until birth.

Roe v. Wade established “viability” as the determinant of when state governments hold a “compelling” interest to protect children. The current challenge to Roe in the Supreme Court concerns a Mississippi law that would ban abortions after 15 weeks.

Vermont’s Proposal 5 essentially defines fetal viability at 40 weeks (birth), ignoring both Roe and the science of human development.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/07/vermont-plans-to-enshrine-legal-abortions-right-up-to-birth/

• 3 weeks later...

Democrats’ Abortion Bill That Would Go Further Than Roe Fails After Close Vote

by Laurel Duggan

Nearly every Senate Democrat voted in favor of legislation Monday which would have radically expanded abortion rights beyond even the Supreme Court’s ruling in Roe v. Wade. The Women’s Health Protection Act would have forced every state to allow abortions for any reason until at least the point of viability, generally defined at around six months into a pregnancy, and banned most restrictions on abortion up to the point of birth. Every Republican voted against the bill, and every Democrat except Sen. Joe Manchin voted in favor, NBC News reported.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/28/democrats-further-roe-vote-womens-health-protection-act-abortion-bill/

• 1 month later...

I thought that you said we were "crazy" for claiming this would be the outcome.

Gov. Polis: Unrestricted abortions until birth for all "pregnant individuals" in Colorado

ED MORRISSEY

China, North Korea, and now … Colorado? Governor Jared Polis signed a new law late yesterday guaranteeing the right to an abortion right up until the moment of birth to each, er, “pregnant individual” in the state.

Gov. Jared Polis, D-Colo., signed into law a bill creating a “fundamental right” to abortion, contraception, and other forms of “reproductive health-care rights,” while explicitly denying any right to a fetus. The bill explicitly addresses the Supreme Court’s upcoming decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, in which the Court is expected to overturn the abortion precedent in Roe v. Wade (1973).

Polis signed H.B. 22-1279, the “Reproductive Health Equity Act,” which the governor said “codifies a person’s fundamental right to make reproductive health-care decisions free from government interference.”

“In the State of Colorado, the serious decision to start or end a pregnancy with medical assistance will remain between a person, their doctor, and their faith,” Polis added in his statement Monday.

The law states that “Access to abortion and reproductive health care is currently under attack across the nation. Impending federal court cases, including Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization,… jeopardize access to legal abortion care for tens of millions of people, particularly those living in most Southern and Midwestern states.”

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/04/05/polis-unrestricted-abortions-until-birth-for-all-pregnant-individuals-in-colorado-n460135