Stake your position on abortion

Abortion where do people stand?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion - what should be legal? (excluding rape and incest)

• Never
    • Upon detection by a medical entity but then immediately
    • 6 weeks along, if un aware you miss the window.
    • First trimester at latest
    • Second trimester at latest
    • Full term assuming no risk to birthing human (Mother for people who are normal)
    • Only in certain health situations for the berthing human at any time
    • Bruh I’m woke and identify as male so I cant pretend be in this conversation and don’t want to exacerbate things 😉
    • Other-what else is there?

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Looks like you've rejected your commission as chief of the local grammar police already.  Sad. 

Your starting to get it. 

Nerd

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

No... Other peoples bodies are none of my business unless they can have an effect on me.

So you would have been opposed to you being aborted. 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, B-Man said:

President Joe Biden made an irrational statement, could be the lead of every White House story these days.

A heartbeat does not make a developing set of cells a human being. 

At the minimum, until the developing cells in and of the woman's body reach a point of development in which it can breathe and live on its own, it is not a separate biological entity endowed with its own inalienable rights. 

Roe and the subsequent SC rulings that clarified a woman's right to choose, found that the right to decide for oneself when life begins rests "at the heart of liberty."

How a society determines its laws are always based on beliefs. Religious beliefs answer the question "when does life begin." And people who take those beliefs to guide their life are 100% within their rights to practice those beliefs. 

Science can not answer questions like, "when is a developing fetus a separate biological entity from the mother? Or, when is a developing fetus endowed with full rights and protection under the law as an individual human being?"

Those are ontological, ethical and legal questions. Ontology, ethics and legal theory ought to be informed by the most up to date scientific evidence. But science can not, not should not seek to answer philosophical and ethical questions. These are not the type of scientific questions that can be answered by the scientific method. 

At the same time, based on the US Constitution, religious beliefs that provide answers to these difficult questions can not provide the basis for US law...

So Texas is playing politics with a tenuous scientific assertion, that once a developing cells has been found to have a heart beat the state must protect the inalienable rights of the individual. 

Unfortunately that assertion fails to consider all of the scientific evidence. The developing cells at 10 weeks with a heart beat cannot breathe on its own. It cannot live on its own. Ontologically, it is not just dependent on the mother for life, it is not a separate human entity. Not until it has to capacity to live on its own. 

And the Supreme Court has been very clear that a woman has the right to choose what occurs in and to her body...

Texas is going to lose badly...

FYI there is no contradiction in holding religious beliefs as one's own while simultaneously holding the belief that the government can not use those religious beliefs as the basis for law. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

The Obsolete Science Behind Roe v. Wade

My youngest patients are unborn babies, and today’s ultrasounds show they are fully alive and human.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-obsolete-science-behind-roe-v-wade-abortion-fetus-supreme-court-ultrasound-11635449644

https://hotair.com/headlines/2021/10/29/the-obsolete-science-behind-roe-v-wade-n425597

Demonstrating what a garbage human and fake Catholic Biden is, the man lies about what the POPE and him talked about:

Joe Biden said that Pope Francis told him during a meeting at the Vatican on Friday that he should keep receiving communion even as some church officials at home seek to punish him for his political beliefs.

“We just talked about the fact he was happy that I was a good Catholic and I should keep receiving communion,” Biden told reporters after the meeting, which he described as a private conversation. Biden, the second U.S. Catholic president, said that the issue of abortion didn’t come up during the meeting with Francis.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-29/biden-says-pope-told-him-to-continue-receiving-communion

Private conversation stays private except for the fake narrative news he decides to lie about.   

Trump needs "evidence" for everything or proof.   You can't question the origins of Covid.  

But Biden tells a yarn about what the POPE allegedly tells him and it's reported without criticism like:

"Did he tell you to receive communion only if there are no mortal sins on your soul - which actively supporting abortion is - did he remind you of that and that it's a good idea as a 'good' Catholic you claim you are to be more outspoken against it?  Or is this the first pope to ever be good with these things?'   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Development starts at conception and ends around 26years of age.

We can debate when it's okay to terminate the progression at anytime during that period.

There’d be a lot of people taking advantage of those safe, legal ~60th trimester abortions. 

I like the “Dave Chapelle rule” on abortion- It is only fair that women should have control over their own bodies, and the right to an abortion...but if they decide to have the child, it is only fair that a man should have the right to abandon him...”My money, my choice.” 🤣🤣🤣

The Supreme Court made it legal in 1973 . They will soon rule on the Texas law to see how much leeway states have. Biden said he was against abortion, him being Catholic and he can't over rule the Supreme Court.

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

The Supreme Court made it legal in 1973 . They will soon rule on the Texas law to see how much leeway states have. Biden said he was against abortion, him being Catholic and he can't over rule the Supreme Court.

He’s the leader of a political party who has staked out unlimited access to abortion up through the third trimester  as their party line. Spare me the “catholic” *****. 

It’s high time the court did away with Roe and Griswold. 

I'm surprised pro life groups have not yet challenged in the SC late term abortions in some states. The 6-3 conservative division would be the time. Unless the court allows state rights or decides to set limits either way.