Stake your position on abortion

Abortion where do people stand?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion - what should be legal? (excluding rape and incest)

• Never
    • Upon detection by a medical entity but then immediately
    • 6 weeks along, if un aware you miss the window.
    • First trimester at latest
    • Second trimester at latest
    • Full term assuming no risk to birthing human (Mother for people who are normal)
    • Only in certain health situations for the berthing human at any time
    • Bruh I’m woke and identify as male so I cant pretend be in this conversation and don’t want to exacerbate things 😉
    • Other-what else is there?

As a man, it is my birthright to tell people what they can or can’t do to innocents and enforce those provisions by whatever means necessary. 

18 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

As a man, I don't feel I have a right to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body other than to those angry, ugly azz Karen's who need to put their masks back on for society's benefit.

By that logic Roe should never have been heard because it was an all-male court. 

• Like (+1) 1

A couple of thoughts:

1. I can't understand how anyone could demand a woman give birth after being raped or in the case of insist  (The correct spelling gets starred out as bad word on TBD.  Odd).
  2. I don't like that the father not required to be consulted if not rape or insist.  He has a stake.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

i could care less but we as a nation need to come to a consensus here. 9-12 weeks seems long enough imo.

i will say there are issues i think the republicans need to back away from and this is one. pick a reasonable point at which a woman can perform this action and then do what the party states it upholds..individual personal freedom and responsability. it doesnt effect you so if the woman can live with that decision then so be it. 

at the same time liberals cannot scream my body my choice stay out of it...but can you help me pay for it? unless in obvious circumstances where the pregnancy was not avoidable and or is life threatening to the mother

its a issue that shows hypocracy from both sides.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1

Twenty weeks has always been my answer before there's any chance of fetus viability.  I'm not going to take away someone's freedom to choose before then.  I'm more concerned about stopping a woman from having to make that decision in the first place.  The fact that we now have less abortions per capita since Roe v. Wade shows we've done an excellent job on that front.  Increased education, more access to contraceptives, more males getting vasectomies, etc...

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

The hypocrisy is on point - my body my choice - oh, wait. 

So many idiots. I stand with women. 

Imagine the government telling someone what to do with their bodies?

So can you clearly spell put your position here?  I haven't had coffee yet.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

It is much more than "morally sad"

Whatever you think that is.

Sad I think because it may seem wrong, but necessary. So I see his "SAD"  as a real good descriptor. As a man I believe this is a woman's choice. 

Pushing your own morals in these types of decisions is difficult. We are not talking speed limits here. 

This is a very personal decision like assisted death. For some it is unthinkable. For others not so much. 

Erring on the side of choice for a woman is proper I think. 

Religion should have no bearing on the law. If your religion forbids it, then practice your beliefs and I will practice mine.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/2/2021 at 7:49 PM, frostbitmic said:

As a man, I don't feel I have a right to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body other than to those angry, ugly azz Karen's who need to put their masks back on for society's benefit.

Are you ok telling men what to do with their bodies? 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:33 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Please comment if something is missing.

it’s an aweful process, but it’s a complicated conversation 

You need to work on your spelling.  Especially if you want to be our resident grammarian.  

I don’t agree with the act, but we live in a secular society.  Safe, legal, and rare.  Roe stays.  

Edited by SectionC3

It’s two entirely different questions?

what are your personal thoughts on abortion?

what do you think the government’s role should be with abortions?

as someone who believes in small government and limited government interference, I can’t reconcile that with believe in the government should be meddling with abortions.  The hypocrisy is laughable.

I love living in Texas for a lot of reasons, and one is because the limited government.  The state’s abortion law is very un-texas

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

You need to work on your spelling.  Especially if you want to be our resident grammarian.  

I don’t agree with the act, but we live in a secular society.  Safe, legal, and rare.  Roe stays.  

goood- your the knew board spelling gramer guy. God spede . Enjoy

Spelling and grammar  is for school work and nerds. 

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

It’s two entirely different questions?

what are your personal thoughts on abortion?

what do you think the government’s role should be with abortions?

as someone who believes in small government and limited government interference, I can’t reconcile that with believe in the government should be meddling with abortions.  The hypocrisy is laughable.

I love living in Texas for a lot of reasons, and one is because the limited government.  The state’s abortion law is very un-texas

Love this point.