Jim Kelly tells Greeny that Josh Allen will carry Bills to Super Bowl this season

PrimeTime101

When I was visiting Buffalo last week, I noticed a street downtown near the Sabres' arena that was called Jim Kelley Way. (I THINK it was Way.) I wondered if it was possible for someone from Buffalo to misspell it, or if it's another Jim Kelley.

Also, I noticed that very few people in Buffalo wear Bills stuff, and there are few Bills flags flying. It's strange, because the Pittsburgh area is just caked with Steelers stuff. I actually felt like people knew I was an out of towner in Buffalo because I was wearing Bills stuff...

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

When I was visiting Buffalo last week, I noticed a street downtown near the Sabres' arena that was called Jim Kelley Way. (I THINK it was Way.) I wondered if it was possible for someone from Buffalo to misspell it, or if it's another Jim Kelley.

Also, I noticed that very few people in Buffalo wear Bills stuff, and there are few Bills flags flying. It's strange, because the Pittsburgh area is just caked with Steelers stuff. I actually felt like people knew I was an out of towner in Buffalo because I was wearing Bills stuff...

Jim Kelley was a great hockey journalist for the Buffalo News.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Come on Prime, it’s Jim not Jimmy. Pay homage to the HOFer

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Not for nothing but if the OP IS a Bills fan he SHOULD know the difference!

Go BILLS!

I seen what youse is doing.  If youse is gonna wanna get in my face then get in my face then.  Don’t hide behind some excuse like an old guy who used to be a quarterback.  I like Jim Kelly though cuz he was at least a little tough unlike some of the more up to date Bills.  Allen is big but big and tough is different things.  Our new baby face killer ain’t big but youse is gonna see how tough for about 20 years or thereabouts.

P.S. J-e-t-s J-E-t-s J-E-T-s J-E-T-S

• Haha (+1) 5

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills have all 7 components needed to win a Super Bowl. Management, Coaching, QB, Non-QB offensive talent, defense, special teams and depth. They got the monkey off their back last season winning not one but two playoff games and playing in three playoff games against good competition. It's all there for another deep run barring catastrophic injury, just have to hope things go right. 

Kelly said he would like for Josh to have a running game to take some of the pressure off of throwing the ball all the time. Basically said Thurman was a godsend for him. I’d love for the Bills to get Breece Hall in next year’s draft with the 32nd pick

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Spagnola said:

I seen what youse is doing.  If youse is gonna wanna get in my face then get in my face then.  Don’t hide behind some excuse like an old guy who used to be a quarterback.  I like Jim Kelly though cuz he was at least a little tough unlike some of the more up to date Bills.  Allen is big but big and tough is different things.  Our new baby face killer ain’t big but youse is gonna see how tough for about 20 years or thereabouts.

goodfellas.gif&ehk=xTGMErmsxEc1z1d6u19nC

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

There's a bunch of Allen analysis vids popping up post-GB game and the bandwagon is starting to look like a train in Calcutta:

Cosell

Simms

Hector Elizondo the Fins Fan:

Some Dude:

I like Simms a lot but I really like Cosell. I listen to him each week on the Ross Tucker podcast. There's no BS or hot takes with him, he just talks about what he's seen when breaking down film and is modest with it. I wish more guys in the media were like him

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I fixed it.. That being said don't ever question my fan hood. I copied and pasted the title cause that's how it was from the source. Slam the source not me... don't ever question my fanhood.. please..

Prime!!!  Just breaking yer balls brother - all good and I do not question your fan hood at all.....just picking at ya with the Jimmy!

2 hours ago, Jimmy Spagnola said:

Ahhh Spags where ya been man???  We needed our fav Firewoman whipping girl around!  Enjoy that cellar for the next 20 years.......

Go BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

There's a bunch of Allen analysis vids popping up post-GB game and the bandwagon is starting to look like a train in Calcutta:

I don't exactly know why, but I really like Miami dude, starting last year.

Maybe it's b/c he reminds me of my Niagara Falls uncles growing up.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Spagnola said:

Allen is big but big and tough is different things.  Our new baby face killer ain’t big but youse is gonna see how tough for about 20 years or thereabouts.

Lol, Allen seems pretty damn tough to me. I guess the rookie  has a chance to get developed better than what Darnold did. Wilson wet behind the ears and breath smelling like similac for now though.

image.png.45ac2a6849ad0c6859f71a1ceba207de.png

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It was named after Sports Columnist Jim Kelley born, raised and died in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

We'll see.

I will say this though, being around for the glory days of the 90's it's going to be somewhat weird if/when the day comes the Bills do finally win a SB.

Sure who isn't going to be thrilled about but it will also be somewhat somber knowing the all these HOF's like Kelly never got to share that feeling and have a celebration parade in Buffalo.

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

We'll see.

I will say this though, being around for the glory days of the 90's it's going to be somewhat weird if/when the day comes the Bills do finally win a SB.

Sure who isn't going to be thrilled about but it will also be somewhat somber knowing the all these HOF's like Kelly never got to share that feeling and have a celebration parade in Buffalo.

I can't imagine they won't be a part of the celebration when we do win it.  

36 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Hopefully Allen leads the team to multiple Champion Ships victories. 

I think when its all said and done Josh will have a similar career to what Ben has had with the Steelers. 16 or 17 years in the league with Bills having more winning seasons than losing ones. Winning 2 Super Bowls, numerous divisions titles which eventually lead to a gold jacket in Canton, Ohio.

Just now, Greg S said:

I think when its all said and done Josh will have a similar career to what Ben has had with the Steelers. 16 or 17 years in the league with Bills having more winning seasons than losing ones. Winning 2 Super Bowls, numerous divisions titles which eventually lead to a gold jacket in Canton, Ohio.

Well I could certainly live with that

• Like (+1) 1