Suggested member rank icons

SDS

12 hours ago, eball said:

A lot to unpack right here.  “To be honest” — one of the most telling phrases in our language.  It’s either simple laziness or a suggestion that the speaker feels a need to alert his audience that he’s not full of b.s. THIS time (which is typically untrue).

What REALLY “strains credulity” is that you took the time to come into a thread about a topic you “honestly” don’t care about to demean those who do have an opinion — not to say the board creator and administrator himself!

Well done, you.

Apologies, that wasn’t my intent. Clearly poor form on my part but, again, not intentionally. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, SDS said:

66A1EC13-D807-4F37-A2E8-BDC76C3C5DF1.jpeg

I've been dumped, blocked on dating apps, drinks poured on me, and inexplicable levels of disgust from friends and family aimed at me, yet have ALWAYS proudly worn my foot fetish badge.

You may have just cured me @SDS. Thanks from me, and the rest of society 👍👍👍

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I've been dumped, blocked on dating apps, drinks poured on me, and inexplicable levels of disgust from friends and family aimed at me, yet have ALWAYS proudly worn my foot fetish badge.

You may have just cured me @SDS. Thanks from me, and the rest of society 👍👍👍

I’m glad SDS could help you, Rex. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, The Wiz said:

Gold jacket, green jacket... who gives a sh....

Probation: OJ

Udfa: Fred

Practice squad: Duke, da' Rick, Naaman (dealers choice)

Rookie: ej (he's still a rookie right?)

Rfa:Ike

Veteran: Hughes

All pro: Diggs, Allen

HOF: any hof member

I like the idea of Ko Simpson being the probation icon. 

I'm an old ER nurse who comes here to read other's opinions and breaking news of my favorite team. For a short time I get to pretend that everything else going on doesn't exist. I also probably won't post again for a long time unless given the proper provocation and never leave the status of "probation".  With all that I get to see every day any icon applied, with a few exceptions, will just supply a little more levity to my psyche. 

Edited by WyoRN
error
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I think you meant K.O. but I understood. 

I double checked this. I thought you might be right. 

It’s Ko Simpson. Short for Yukota. He’s worth millions, he can spell his name however he wants. 

Edited by Mango
Words
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, TroutDog said:

To be honest, it strains credulity to care. Why is this a big deal? Why does anyone care who posts and how many times? If you’ve ever visited the site, you know Yolo is the King. So be it. 

There are certain people whom post here and I absolutely appreciate their thoughts. Others, I have to think about. Lastly, there are those (I’m sure, like many think of me) that can be discarded out of hand. 

At any rate, what does a logo have to do with it? Listen (read) and if you agree, concur. If not, let it go or offer an opposing viewpoint.

Shut up! I NEED MY FAKE INTERNET POINTS!!!!!

On 9/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, hmsmystic said:

Are we sure post count is the metric to be used for levels?  Seems a reward for the people with most time on their hands?

In fact do people really care about level?  Seems silly to me

But if you really are doing this again, then give posters of useful, interesting things or breaking news awards.  Not junk posts, goofy comments, or rewarding those who comment on every post, sometimes repeatedly, to boost up a post count.

Its an internet message board about football. Relax. 

• Haha (+1) 2

My first real response here

Gold, Silver, Bronze medals or Buffalos for HOF, All Star and Vets. We are about to basically be in back to back to back Olympic years. 

The Josh Allen Buffalo drawing for one of the lower ranks. 

On 9/1/2021 at 4:06 PM, SDS said:

A recent upgrade changed the member ranking system (the rockets you see). Each level supports its own icon. What do you suggest for the different levels?

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 4.05.19 PM.png

I'm late to the party on this one - but I did take the time to skim the 6 pages so hopefully this hasn't been mentioned.

Rankings are based on number of posts, right? Any possibility/thoughts on it being on positive reactions to posts instead? 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Did this ever go anywhere - or just another slow hijacked thread death?

Getting a little sick of the rocket, so this is my last time posting my take for new icons.

TBD-Rank-Icons-Draft-1.jpg

Those are nice. Thank you for the effort. My only hesitation is that it’s not really clear that one logo ranks higher than the rest. I almost think it has to be the same logo with additional stars or rings or something like that. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Those are nice. Thank you for the effort. My only hesitation is that it’s not really clear that one logo ranks higher than the rest. I almost think it has to be the same logo with additional stars or rings or something like that. 

I mean it'll still say the rank when you hover over it probably but it's got to be hard to differentiate something like that with 8 levels.

21 minutes ago, SDS said:

I think color would be easiest. Same logo, but different color.