Brandon Beanes Presser today…informative

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah I think the intent of the rule was for the max 21 days part.  It prevented a team to take a guy like Stevenson, placing him on IR, then after 3 weeks he comes back to practice, but the Bills just say, nope he's not ready yet, but we'll have him keep practicing with us all season.  By next year he should be fine! LOL  So after 21 days of practice they either bring him back to the 53 man roster or back to IR.

What I don't know if they decide to send him back to IR is it now season ending or after missing another 3 active games, could they start another 21 day window?  I'm sure at least one player in the league within that fist 21 day practice period did have a legit set back and needed more time to recover.

If they don't activate a player in the 21 day window the player is done for the season.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am. Others have corrected. He can be activated any time in a 3 week window after week 3.... you would imagine realistically though it probably rules him out of at least the first 4, because the Bills are not gonna cut someone else to bring Stevenson back until they are sure he is full go and that normally is a week of building him up and evaluating. 

I agree.  I would think they evaluate a player for a week at least before they activate him.  Who do you think gets cut if/when Stevenson comes back?  Is Stevenson the only current player on IR?

29 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was just reading the article on BN about Beane's press conference and it quoted him some.  He was talking about the injuries of the players

So my question is what is the significance between a red or blue practice jersey?  Does one mean you can hit him in the ding ***** and the other you can't?

Nobody hits the red jersey.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CuseBill said:

Maybe instead of having a big 'ol blocking TE like Lee Smith on the roster, we use one of our big rookies in a tackle-eligible short yardage package?  I would love to see that more but we really don't do it much.

Spencer Brown was a tight end for his 8 man team in high school.  He switched to tackle full time in college, and looks to be pretty athletic for those type of situations.  I'm sure its on the table.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Not at all. My point being our TE’s are probably in the bottom five of the league and we did zero to address it. In reality is Sweeney an improvement over Lee Smith though?

We'll have to wait and see if the flags fly in the regular season first to answer that one. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Myself and a lot of others do not think Tua is any good. It's a totally different situation than with Josh who was a great teammate and coachable product from day one and immediately you could see the talent. The opposite IMO is what you see with Tua. Who knows what the owners and coach and GM of the Bills would be saying if Tua was the QB and not Josh. Myself, I would not at all be in his corner as a franchise QB and sing his praises like I do with Josh.

Totally appreciate that perspective and you very well might be right. They had the third pick in the draft this year and could have had arguably the first QB on their board still depending on what they value. 

Instead they traded down and got a bunch of picks, but then spent a bunch trading back up. That trade up to get Waddle honestly felt a ton like the Watkins pick when a bunch of other really good receivers were still on the board.

The fact that they made that pick in advance of the draft almost makes me think they all agreed to trade the 3rd pick, Ross changed his mind because he got sad they weren’t going to get a top player, and made them trade back up going against their initial long agreed upon plan. Just speculating, but after hearing he wanted to go after Watson, that chain of events with Ross forcing them to go back up into the top 10 kind of makes the most sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

What's this mean for McKenzie? Hope he's not out long. 

From what I have seen, they don't seem to be too concerned about McKenzie or Phillips availability week 1.  My guess is they are both on track to be ready week 1.

2 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I want to say Bates has lined up in that spot last season?

I don't remember Bates lining up as an eligible receiver, but maybe you're right.  Whoever it is, they have to be able to catch the ball on the rare occasion it is thrown to them.  Brown maybe?

37 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

I don't remember Bates lining up as an eligible receiver, but maybe you're right.  Whoever it is, they have to be able to catch the ball on the rare occasion it is thrown to them.  Brown maybe?

I want to say it was a couple of times at the goaline. When they have every "big" player on the field. "Jumbo" goaline formation if you will.

54 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I want to say it was a couple of times at the goaline. When they have every "big" player on the field. "Jumbo" goaline formation if you will.

I thought I saw it vs Greenbay. To be fair live I was at work.  Second time I was grilling and drinking so I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know.  Sweeney has very little game experience - 129 snaps over 6 games in 2019, which is 12% of the snaps

He's kind of like a mythical creature, everyone has an opinion of him right now but very few actualy sightings have occurred.

So Sweeney is big foot now, right?  It’s his new Nick name 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1