Brandon Beanes Presser today…informative

Alphadawg7

Just listened to it live, don’t have any links to it yet, but it was quite telling in2 areas.

1.  We made no waiver claims and will not be making any waiver claims.  In other words, roster is pretty much set unless a trade comes up or injuries.

2.  Ferguson is the only one being brought back, Stevenson to IR, meaning he’s out at least the first 3 weeks of practice.

So, that means McKenzie can’t be in to serious of a situation and also Hollister was a legit real cut, not to just make an IR move.  Doesn't mean he cant make it back still, but it wasn't a cut to make a move with the intent of coming right back.

So some questions have been answered, and unless there is some undisclosed trade he is working on (which seems highly unlikely), we are set at TE with Knox and Sweeney and Gilliam as an emergency TE.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Brandon Beanes Presser today…informative
Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Just listened to it live, don’t have any links to it yet, but it was quite telling in2 areas.

1.  We made no waiver claims and will not be making any waiver claims.  In other words, roster is pretty much set unless a trade comes up or injuries.

2.  Ferguson is the only one being brought back, Stevenson to IR, meaning he’s out at least the first 3 weeks.  

So, that means McKenzie can’t be in ok serious and also Hollister is a really cut, not to just make an IR move.  

So some questions have been answered, and unless there is some undisclosed trade he is working on (which seems highly unlikely), we are set at TE with Knox and Sweeney and Gilliam as an emergency TE.

Thinking our TEs might be blockers this year. I could see Gilliam getting some reps, unless Butterfingers gets better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear it would mean Stevenson couldn't play until week 6 I believe. He can practice after week 3, but I think week 6 is the first time he could play. 

Interesting on Hollister. 

I think the modified IR rules let them come back after 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Thinking our TEs might be blockers this year. I could see Gilliam getting some reps, unless Butterfingers gets better.

I'm high on Gilliam. I think he could play an interesting role being moved around. In the limited snaps he's had, he's been sure handed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I think the modified IR rules let them come back after 3 weeks.

Ah just looked... it says after 3 weeks he can return to practice and then there is a 21 day window to put him on the active roster.... so I suppose technically you could put him back on the active roster on day 1 of week 4? Although I imagine that is pretty rare and most teams take at least a week to evaluate a player's health in practice before cutting someone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Ah just looked... it says after 3 weeks he can return to practice and then there is a 21 day window to put him on the active roster.... so I suppose technically you could put him back on the active roster on day 1 of week 4? Although I imagine that is pretty rare and most teams take at least a week to evaluate a player's health in practice before cutting someone else. 

Bigger question is who gets cut when he comes off?

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear it would mean Stevenson couldn't play until week 6 I believe. He can practice after week 3, but I think week 6 is the first time he could play. 

No he can return week 4 according to reports

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Return timeline: As was the case last year, players sent to injured reserve will have to sit out at least three games before being allowed to receive the return designation. Once that happens and they are back at practice, a 21-day window opens: during that window a player either has to return to the 53-man roster or be shut down for the remainder of the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not bringing Hollister back is shocking. He looked good in preseason.

He must've looked like crap in practice 😆

In all serious though - i think they carry 2 TEs on the PS, and he certainly is a possibility if he doesn't land elsewhere.  Assuming the 2 (or 3 including gilliam) are healthy, they'll likely just keep those 3 active most of the time.  If anyones banged up they can use that extra spot on the PS to bring someone in for a week or two.  

I think they look at him vs the PS guys and think - we can find a guy this good (or bad) at any point in time.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm high on Gilliam. I think he could play an interesting role being moved around. In the limited snaps he's had, he's been sure handed. 

Like going deep with a playoff game on the line kinda interesting? 

On 9/1/2021 at 12:55 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

The Bills continue their disdain for Tight Ends 

I think they go 4 wide and continue to throw more. The line has been pretty good in protection and  Josh seems to be getting the ball out quicker. 

I think they want Diggs, Gabe, Sanders and Beasley on the field and it will create mismatches, especially if Breida, Moss and Devin can be the safety valve and take on blitzes.  TE is a concern, but not a major one.  What we saw Josh do with GB is just the beginning.

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Hollister being actually cut is surprising, I really thought he would get some meaningful touches this year, oh well, it's nice being able to trust the front office.

Agreed,  this TE room looks no better than last year.

• Like (+1) 1