Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It takes a special kind of stupidity to be a lawyer and try and claim that the right politicized the supreme court. From Robert Bork to Clarence Thomas to Kavanaugh the left has given credence to absurd notions to try and stop qualified judges from being seated all the while pushing Sotomayor that clearly does not belong on the highest court.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

On 9/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, ComradeKayAdams said:

Kay’s Public Policy Stance on Abortion: I am in favor of safe, legal, and RARE abortions for all three trimesters (something like ~90% happen during the first trimester, ~9% during the second, ~1% during the third). For me, this entire debate simplifies down to acknowledging and weighing the interests of two sides: the life of the embryo/fetus/baby and the health/safety of the mother. Pro-lifers tend to fixate on determining when life begins and, thereby, frequently overlook the consequences of their abortion public policies on the lives of the mothers at all three trimesters. People are going to end up having sex. Women are going to end up seeking abortions. Is it sensible to reintroduce an industry of back-alley abortions because we have collectively decided to prioritize the life of, say, a 7-week old embryo as in the case of Texas SB 8? These mothers aren’t succubi, by the way! These are your daughters, sisters, and female friends! Almost all are innocent victims in this, too, who have been trapped by life’s circumstances into making emotionally traumatic decisions. Don’t think they are victims? Fine, then pray for them. Talk to them. Advise them. Persuade them. But don’t use the government to criminalize them.

I don't understand why abortions are not more RARE than they are.

The Affordable Care Act requires contraception to be free, no co pays.  If you don't have insurance you can get it at Planned Parenthood.  If you don't have either of these, every convenience store, grocery store, drug store has rubbers for sale.

I was able to get through my swinging wild man on the loose days without getting anyone pregnant.  Its not that hard.

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't understand why abortions are not more RARE than they are.

The Affordable Care Act requires contraception to be free, no co pays.  If you don't have insurance you can get it at Planned Parenthood.  If you don't have either of these, every convenience store, grocery store, drug store has rubbers for sale.

I was able to get through my swinging wild man on the loose days without getting anyone pregnant.  Its not that hard.

A lot of folks are just too lazy..... too lazy to work, too lazy to use contraceptives, etc. Sadly, many who end up being parents absolutely shouldn’t be. Ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, BillStime said:

It's all about control. Women must be controlled per GQP.

Anyone watching The Handmaid's Tale? If no, watch it.

I thought only the women in the neighborhood book club watch Handmaid’s Tale...what’s wrong with you? 😉

On 9/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, BillStime said:

It's all about control. Women must be controlled per GQP.

Anyone watching The Handmaid's Tale? If no, watch it.

Do you believe there should be any restrictions on abortion?

I ask this question because women and men are very much aligned on their abortion views when it comes legislation.  If you look into the numbers, they are typically only separated by 1 or 2 percentage points. 

According to a June AP poll:

61% believe it should be legal in the first trimester.  

65% believe it should be illegal in the second trimester. 

80% believe it should be illegal in the third trimester. 

With exemptions for rare cases of life of the mother in danger or severe fetal abnormalities. 

You, and most Dems, frame this as controlling women, except women agree with men, almost identically, on this issue.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you believe there should be any restrictions on abortion?

I ask this question because women and men are very much aligned on their abortion views when it comes legislation.  If you look into the numbers, they are typically only separated by 1 or 2 percentage points. 

According to a June AP poll:

61% believe it should be legal in the first trimester.  

65% believe it should be illegal in the second trimester. 

80% believe it should be illegal in the third trimester. 

With exemptions for rare cases of life of the mother in danger or severe fetal abnormalities. 

You, and most Dems, frame this as controlling women, except women agree with men, almost identically, on this issue.  

First, I am pro choice. My choice would be life but since I don't have a uterus it's not my call.

Second, you are dreaming if you think abortion laws will STOP a woman from making that ultimate choice.  (Isn't that what you gun nuts say about gun control?)

Third, if women are going to be controlled; men need accountability too since women cannot get pregnant without sperm. Therefore, if you insist on controlling women and making up their minds about abortion (without seeing the 100% hypocrisy of biching about vaccine mandates) - then men MUST have a vasectomy until they have PROVEN they are ready to have children.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

First, I am pro choice. My choice would be life but since I don't have a uterus it's not my call.

Second, you are dreaming if you think abortion laws will STOP a woman from making that ultimate choice.  (Isn't that what you gun nuts say about gun control?)

Third, if women are going to be controlled; men need accountability too since women cannot get pregnant without sperm. Therefore, if you insist on controlling women and making up their minds about abortion (without seeing the 100% hypocrisy of biching about vaccine mandates) - then men MUST have a vasectomy until they have PROVEN they are ready to have children.

Why are you controlling women by telling them their views on abortion don’t matter?

Most women believe abortion should be illegal in the second and third trimester (with life threatening exceptions).  

Im pro-life, but am not going to rage for banning all abortions.  Seems we, as a country, have a pretty obvious compromise…  Men and Women alike, agree in quite obvious majorities on abortion legality by trimester.  

Simply make it legal in the first trimester and then illegal after, with exceptions carved in the legislation for life threatening issues and severe fetal abnormalities.  That’s what women want in poll after poll. 

37 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I thought only the women in the neighborhood book club watch Handmaid’s Tale...what’s wrong with you? 😉

I resisted watching but after the past five years of watching our country slide into authoritarianism - because - that is where WE are going with Trumpism - I decided to watch and it is 100% spot on about what life will be like here in the US when Trump steals the next election and turns the US into a fascist police state.

If you have the balls - watch it - if it doesn't make you uncomfortable and freak you out about where we are heading - then something is wrong with you...

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why are you controlling women by telling them their views on abortion don’t matter?

Most women believe abortion should be illegal in the second and third trimester (with life threatening exceptions).  

Im pro-life, but am not going to rage for banning all abortions.  Seems we, as a country, have a pretty obvious compromise…  Men and Women alike, agree in quite obvious majorities on abortion legality by trimester.  

Simply make it legal in the first trimester and then illegal after, with exceptions carved in the legislation for life threatening issues and severe fetal abnormalities.  That’s what women want in poll after poll. 

Huh? I'm not the one dictating when women can and cannot have an abortion.  That's you and your friends in red states.