Buffalo Bills 2021 practice squad players

HOUSE

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Beane just said on WGR they will have the 16th from outside Buffalo and he will be in tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

Very strange that they haven't signed any players from another team, at least to the PS.

I heard Beane say that also - wondering who they have coming in.  Sounded like a tour and signing - so I thought it was someone totally new.

@Reks Ryan - why is it strange they haven’t signed someone from another team.  We have a deep and talented roster with lots of guys they like.  It should be no surprise that they wanted to keep as many of their own guys as possible.  

The surprise to me was that we only had 1 guy claimed and some lesser teams had multiple guys picked up.  It shows me the Bills really have a pretty good handle on this.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nobody new on the PS. All guys we cut. 1 spot left. I am looking for a vet OT.

Brandon Beane said at 5:00 on the radio - the last spot is filled - they were flying the guy in to tour and to sign.

Not sure who or what position - BB would not say.

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Trufant??

Could be.  It ruled out Hollister for me and Becker.  

I thought maybe Marlowe, but he wouldn’t need a tour.

Trufant sounded like he was dealing with some family issues, but if that is cleared up then I am all for it.  

I was trying to see if there was some younger OLine prospects, but didn’t see anything earth shattering.

Can’t wait to find out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I heard Beane say that also - wondering who they have coming in.  Sounded like a tour and signing - so I thought it was someone totally new.

@Reks Ryan - why is it strange they haven’t signed someone from another team.  We have a deep and talented roster with lots of guys they like.  It should be no surprise that they wanted to keep as many of their own guys as possible.  

The surprise to me was that we only had 1 guy claimed and some lesser teams had multiple guys picked up.  It shows me the Bills really have a pretty good handle on this.

I think the “loyalty” we show towards developing players from the PS, and allowing them a shot to earning a spot on a very talented team, earns loyalty back. Players are more likely to stick around and come back to our PS, when they feel they are given a chance to make the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is likely that Dean Marlowe is doing the "cut and signed again after players put on IR again" thing again for 2nd year in a row.

Maybe, but he made the original 53 and was cut after the Lions claimed 2 players.  So the timing really doesn’t add up.

For example Ferguson was cut yesterday so Stevenson could make he 53 and then when Stevenson moved to IR Reid came back.

Marlowe was on the Lions ester day when they would of IR’d players and was cut today with their Waiver pick-ups that hav to go on the active roster.

Doesn’t mean he won’t be back, but I don’t think it was the cut and IR piece.

14 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I hit my head leaving the shower this morning

12 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

What were you doing in there?

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He was hitting his head.

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

Which, oh never mind

Continue...:wub:

Blah. where's Hollister. I was told he'd be re-signed today:cry: 

Glad Gentry and Wildgoose made the PS!

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm going to guess at least some of them are going to be players that weren't on the team.

Hadn't thought of that till I read your post, but yeah, this year's PS is very unusual in that all 15 so far were in Bills camp.

Beane says the 16th will be from outside, but that's still reasonably unusual, only one from outside. They really did think they had a good group in camp this year.

Edited by Thurman#1