Buffalo Bills 2021 practice squad players

HOUSE

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm fine with whoever they want to have on the practice squad. The practice squad has such a small impact on the team that I don't think it matters a ton. Obviously, it helps a little, but one spot on the practice squad does not impact wins or losses in the slightest.

The Bills have 6 former PS players this year on the 53 roster.

Wallace, Obada, Kumerow, Zimmer, Jackson and Smith.

As a development/emergency squad I think it has a good purpose.

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Fromm is a lottery ticket which might be valuable if 1st, 2nd and 3rd person on list do not answer phone.

Webb plays multiple positions on PS and does things like film breakdown and reviews as well as being backup QB.

Fromm is a lottery ticket insomuch as IF you win, you win $2.00

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They could use Hyde in a pinch.

Yeah but I don't love it. And we'd still need to sign someone if it was longer than a week or two.

Imagine week 1 McKenzie takes a big hit on a punt return and reinjures his shoulder. Pretty realistic. Stevenson is on IR. In goes Hyde.

EDIT: Isaiah's shoulder is clearly still bothering him, but it's good he's practicing:

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Yeah but I don't love it. And we'd still need to sign someone if it was longer than a week or two.

Imagine week 1 McKenzie takes a big hit on a punt return and reinjures his shoulder. Pretty realistic. Stevenson is on IR. In goes Hyde.

I would just tell Hyde to fair catch everything he doesn't let go.

• Like (+1) 1

Yep. Breida can return KO if he is active, as he has done a little in the pros and a little in college. Not much but he has done it, has the speed, etc.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. Breida can return KO if he is active, as he has done a little in the pros and a little in college. Not much but he has done it, has the speed, etc.

I keep forgetting about him. He'd be electric back there. Love me some Breida.

I keep forgetting about him. He'd be electric back there. Love me some Breida.

It was a little surprising to me that he had never returned punts in NFL or college. There aren't that many RBs who do, but he is the kind of guy whose skills seem to fit the calling. He has good hands, too.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

EDIT: Isaiah's shoulder is clearly still bothering him, but it's good he's practicing:

I mean two returners and Micah Hyde in emergency is how we rolled last season, only thing that's changed is one of the names.

Doing the rough math in my head… we’ve kept 71/90 guys we had with us in the off-season between the active roster, IR and practice squad. 

McBeane loves consistency… I personally value consistency from a personnel standpoint. 

I’m pretty excited about the above. 

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Buffalo Bills re-signing LS Reid Ferguson, as Marquez Stevenson goes to injured reserve

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/9/1/22652367/buffalo-bills-re-signing-ls-reid-ferguson-as-marquez-stevenson-goes-to-injured-reserve

We re-signed LS Ferguson ??  why ???Espanesa did a hell of a job  just a head scratcher 

10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Teams are allowed to begin signing players to practice squad contracts at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Sept. 1. That coincides with the passing of the 24-hour waiver period after the NFL's final roster cuts. NFL teams had to trim their 80-man rosters down to 53 by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

NFL teams are allowed to carry up to six veterans on the practice squad. That means there will be plenty of recognizable names on each unit, especially some experienced quarterbacks.

Practice squad players are paid $9200 per week in 2021

The link below shows every teams signed PS players

https://www.sportingne ws.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-practice-squad-signings-rosters-2021/jk2nffum9sfv1mwdo0mvd4j8n

[Moderator Edited]

Somebody had to do it... Regulators, Mount Up!

Edited by Motorin'