OT Crosby...Interest?

Wizard

What are thoughts on Crosby, the RT just cut from Lions?  He is 25 and has starting experience.

I like our rookie Brown, but I am not too excited having two rookies as backups at OT.

I think Crosby would be a nice pickup for the Oline and somebody who could be a valuable reserve.

1 minute ago, Wizard said:

What are thoughts on Crosby, the RT just cut from Lions?  He is 25 and has starting experience.

I like our rookie Brown, but I am not too excited having two rookies as backups at OT.

I think Crosby would be a nice pickup for the Oline and somebody who could be a valuable reserve.

Our two Rookies are better. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

It's entirely possible that we could upgrade the CB2 spot. It wouldn't take much. The same is true at both G spots. These are 2 weak areas that other teams will seek to exploit. Ford needs to take a huge leap this year or he'll be gone. Feliciano is better than most backups, but not quite starter quality. Wallace will get picked on a lot as always, but I'd still like to keep him as our CB3 or CB4.

Edited by GreggTX

26 minutes ago, Wizard said:

What is it about him that makes you feel "nice pickup"?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Picking up a guy from a team that is a raging dumpster fire doesn't scream "great idea to me ."  The Lions have had a bad o-line for a couple of years and this guy has been part of it.  If he is a decent player, he'll be claimed by one of the o-line needy teams like Carolina or Cincinnati.  I'd pass on this one.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I think you should learn to like them. Joking.
Brown is going to be very good and Doyle has potential to be a starter or at least the swing tackle starting next year for three additional years at a very team friendly price. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is it about him that makes you feel "nice pickup"?

I like that he has played 38 games in the NFL and started 18 games, including RT as well as some crossover experience at LT and guard.

The Lions are a messy organization, but there starting five o-line is above average as a unit with Decker, Ragnow, and Penei Sewell.

I think Brown becomes a starter down the road and will be a solid backup this year. I am not as high on Doyle being a difference-maker this year. He has raw ability and measurables, but being on the PS I think will give him experience.

I just personally think a guy like Crosby is super-low risk, he has starting experience, some versatility, and I believe he would contribute more this year than Doyle for a Super Bowl aspirational team.

National media has also indicated Crosby as a younger surprising cut with some upside still in his game. Thus, my initial interest as a possible short or long-term OL upgrade.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Our two Rookies are better. 

They may be better some day but right now Doyle is not ready to play imo and Brown has never played a snap in the NFL. The Bills are one tackle injury away from finding out if he's ready.

This guy has starting experience and played pretty well according to PFF.  I saw him play in college at Oregon many times in person and many more on tv. I wanted the Bills to draft him that year. Had completely forgotten about him until this thread. I hope they are taking a look because injuries happen on the line. If Doyle and Brown end up on the field together that's not good. Crosby may not b the guy but I hope they get some exp  backup at tackle.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1