Alternate Helmet

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So since the NFL changed the rules, what alternate helmet would you like to see? I know there are other threads dedicated to individual helmets, but I want this to be a thread where everyone’s ideas can come together to see which one is the more popular option. I posted this earlier, but I really like this blue helmet option. Post your helmets here if you got ones you like. 

B764B44E-86C6-4494-B46A-769720951D2D.jpeg

When will we know what alternate helmets the team will be using? A few days before the 1st game? 

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

What I've noticed is the people who are dedicated enough to frequent these boards don't tend to like much change 😂

I don't think it's bad or anything. Pretty decent for an alternate actually (though I'd hate it if it was the full time helmet). But I'm still partial to the 90's helmet & uniform. The red helmet with the blue charging buffalo looks beautiful to me. Oh, and bring back the red endzones! 

Couldn’t agree more.

Absolutely get over yourselves, guys, there is nothing even aesthetically wrong with this helmet.

Please, by all means wax on about how terrible the exact same charging Buffalo is while using all the same colors of the current uniform. 

Also the suggestion is for an alternate, not a replacement.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chicharito said:

F0769C2F-A8D4-412E-A0FD-7768F3EAC26F.webp

How did you get a pic of Chandler and Old Man Fan’s helmet?

Hehehe?  (note that was a sinister sarcastic laugh, luv ya Chand, just too easy)

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.bf20ba3a47350dfd6774be24005be07e.png

You’re dark man.

Alright all kidding aside, Iron, that is fine for a game, and I honestly don’t care.  As long as no one ever suggests those go awful striped Unis from the early 2000’s.  If we keep these normal white, white, white blue, blue white, ya da yada, I’m cool.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So since the NFL changed the rules, what alternate helmet would you like to see? I know there are other threads dedicated to individual helmets, but I want this to be a thread where everyone’s ideas can come together to see which one is the more popular option. I posted this earlier, but I really like this blue helmet option. Post your helmets here if you got ones you like. 

When will we know what alternate helmets the team will be using? A few days before the 1st game? 

I love the blue helmets but it should have a red buffalo, the red & white are reversed here. 

11 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Perfectly fine with the current kits.  Standing buffalo throwback 1x a year.  

Speaking of throwbacks the Bills will be sporting the all white throwbacks at home vs the Pats on MNF in week 13. I wonder if the Pats will use their throwbacks and wear red with their old logo of the Patriot hiking the football( The Pats haven't posted what they will wear yet) per the uniform gridiron database webpage.

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Because people are obsessed with current ness. It’s nothing new. People have fought change in any form since the dawn of time. It’s not like these would be permanent fixtures, it’s an alternate to experiment with different vibes. If a blue helmet was implemented, the next generation of fans would grow up with it and they’d be saying the same thing when someone went to change it. They’d say things like it’s too minor league, or whatever. Denver had nearly the same blue helmet as this concept and not many ***** on it. People are just mentally attached to what they know and feel comfortable with. It’s human nature and I’m not mad about it, but that’s the only reason why people are hating on a bills blue helmet concept. 

There are so many things here i disagree with. You make so many large generalizations and assumptions. 

In short, i dont like the blue helmet you posted because it looks like ass. Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, that blue helmet is really un-pleasing to my eyes.  It isnt about some personality flaw how I am afraid of new things.  It just looks terrible.

In fact, the black helmet posted is somewhat sharp.  

I personally hate the alternate uniform obsession that has taken over most of NCAA football, and I would rather not see the NFL teams go to wearing 12 wildly different sets of uniforms during the course of the season.  For the Bills, I like their current sets a lot.  I love the standing Buffalo throwback.... and if they need to do some sort of color rush for 1 game a year, Id be fine with that.... perhaps try some variation of that black/carbon helmet out.  

I actually do not think the 90s uniforms are great.  Its good nostalgia and encompasses a great time.  I dont think the look aged well and looks neither modern nor retro.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the alternate helmet rule for what it opens up for other teams. For Buffalo though, I think we already nailed it with the white helmets. Any other colored helmet (including the reds that a lot of people pine for) would be a downgrade IMO.

13 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I love the color blue and I hate this helmet. This helmet would make me not want to watch any games. That white Buffalo looks like a 1st grader made this render. I'm against the blue helmet but if I was forced to pick a blue helmet I'd prefer this over that hideous monstrosity 

Bills-Best-Helmet.jpg

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Because people are obsessed with current ness. It’s nothing new. People have fought change in any form since the dawn of time. It’s not like these would be permanent fixtures, it’s an alternate to experiment with different vibes. If a blue helmet was implemented, the next generation of fans would grow up with it and they’d be saying the same thing when someone went to change it. They’d say things like it’s too minor league, or whatever. Denver had nearly the same blue helmet as this concept and not many ***** on it. People are just mentally attached to what they know and feel comfortable with. It’s human nature and I’m not mad about it, but that’s the only reason why people are hating on a bills blue helmet concept. 

This sounds like a bunch of whining excuse making because the vast majority don’t like the concept you are presenting.

It doesn’t sound to me that most people don’t like change - it sounds to me like most people think that the hideous Blue helmet with white Buffalo and red stripe just looks ugly.

It really could have just been left in the other thread, but then you LAMP’d it and now seem to be finding excuses why most people do not like it.

The color mix is bad and it does not pop - it looks incomplete- like someone forgot to finish up the coloring job and just never got to the Buffalo.  The white causes the Buffalo to lose all dimension.  The Red stripe draws the eye away from the shape behind it and therefore it loses any sizzle.

Overall - I am all for change and as I have said before - most Bills fans have been excited about uniform changes - including little things like the face mask color.  You are confusing peoples dislike of this concept helmet with a dislike of change and that should not be the case.  

A blue helmet might work, but it will require a much better logo design than what is on here.  The issue is the Logo works best as a blue Buffalo and although that looked nice on the original concept helmet - they blended together a bit.  The Blue on that still looked 50x better than the white logo.

Heck even the black helmet presented with the blue logo looks 100x better.  It is not the change it is the design.  Start there and work forward.  

Edited by Rochesterfan

On 8/31/2021 at 8:25 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Has anyone mentioned they would prefer a leather helmet? 

I’m all for player safety, but the putrid hater in me gives me pause….