Alternate Helmet

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This looks more like the Giants than the Bills royal blue. Although I wouldn’t hate this. 

It does, but that's kind of the point. Giants, Broncos, Chargers (previously), Seahawks, Bears...they all use a darker blue for a reason. 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It does, but that's kind of the point. Giants, Broncos, Chargers (previously), Seahawks, Bears...they all use a darker blue for a reason. 

Right, but not everyone outside of the NFL sphere uses that darker blue as a base. UK and BYU both have lighter blues that pop. 99% chance we go red helmet with the alternates so this is all moot anyways. 

1 minute ago, Ponch said:

eea1a41b14a589e0d6d837f0a32df909.thumb.jpg.064a1477b388aab8c422b03f88f29c75.jpg

if you like a blue helmet, what do you think of this concept?

It’s not that I like a blue helmet per se, just looking for something different that the bills could use to mix things up a bit. Team colors are blue, red, and white. So we are limited in a color base if you want to remain traditional. I don’t mind that helmet you posted. Just make it white face mask with the bills current red/blue colors. Can anyone make a photo of that? Would be nice to see it. 

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

billsalthelmet1.png

this blue is just wrong to me.... the white buffalo looks like they forgot to add color. I like the idea of a blue helmet concept, but it needs to be the right blue...IMO...which means nothing 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Right, but not everyone outside of the NFL sphere uses that darker blue as a base. UK and BYU both have lighter blues that pop. 99% chance we go red helmet with the alternates so this is all moot anyways. 

I think if you're gonna go with the royal blue, it'd have to be a straight white bison logo. Like UK and BYU do with their logos.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ponch said:

this blue is just wrong to me.... the white buffalo looks like they forgot to add color. I like the idea of a blue helmet concept, but it needs to be the right blue...IMO...which means nothing 

Our current blue is a royal blue, which is the photo I originally posted which matches. The problem is a blue Buffalo on a blue helmet looks off. If a blue helmet happens, chances are it’s a white Buffalo or a red one. Charging or still makes no difference to me. 

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think if you're gonna go with the royal blue, it'd have to be a straight white bison logo. Like UK and BYU do with their logos.

Would be nice if someone posted a helmet pic of that, just to see how that looks. 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That'd work if it was a white logo, like when they did a red helmet with the white bison.

White face mask as well. I still don’t understand why the NFL has limited it to 2 helmets only. That still doesn’t give owners much room to experiment. 

What is it about the blue helmet that screams college football team to me? Its too much. 

Give me the white helmet, charging buffalo. Red helmet, charging buffalo. Or white helmet, standing buffalo. Das it. 

No bias, our current unis are one of the best color combos in the NFL. No need to mess w perfection. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

What is it about the blue helmet that screams college football team to me? Its too much. 

Give me the white helmet, charging buffalo. Red helmet, charging buffalo. Or white helmet, standing buffalo. Das it. 

No bias, our current unis are one of the best color combos in the NFL. No need to mess w perfection. 

Because people are obsessed with current ness. It’s nothing new. People have fought change in any form since the dawn of time. It’s not like these would be permanent fixtures, it’s an alternate to experiment with different vibes. If a blue helmet was implemented, the next generation of fans would grow up with it and they’d be saying the same thing when someone went to change it. They’d say things like it’s too minor league, or whatever. Denver had nearly the same blue helmet as this concept and not many ***** on it. People are just mentally attached to what they know and feel comfortable with. It’s human nature and I’m not mad about it, but that’s the only reason why people are hating on a bills blue helmet concept. 

• Disagree 3

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Would be nice if someone posted a helmet pic of that, just to see how that looks. 

White face mask as well. I still don’t understand why the NFL has limited it to 2 helmets only. That still doesn’t give owners much room to experiment. 

billsalthelmet2.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2