Alternate Helmet

10 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Maybe they will.  We'll just have to see what they come out with this year.  If alternate helmets sell - they'll do more.  If they don't, well...

No no, I mean in terms of the NFL rules. Before it was 1 helmet, now the rule is 2 helmets. So I doubt a brand new concept helmet will be used, it will probably be the red helmet by default because the team has already worn it. I mean I don’t understand why place a small limit. I can understand like 4 or 5, that way teams can pick and choose periodically which ones fan bases like and which ones they don’t. 

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

As I said in the other thread where this was posted.  The Blue colored helmet is horrible.  The White Buffalo on it looks wrong - it just looks terrible and the Red stripe looks off.

If you want to use a blue helmet to redesign the Giants - great, but that color Blue with that Logo is just 🤮.

I am glad to see the vast majority agree.  I am sorry, but that just looks bad.

Which is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions. The main reason I wanted the helmets to have its own thread is because NFL teams are going to have realistic options to pick from now that the rules are changing. I would dislike for the helmets to deviate much from team colors, so blue is the only alternative since we already have white and red helmets. So I guess blue will never happen. 

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

They came out with their current logo (actually stole it from my understanding from Howard U.) a year after they opened Rich Stadium.

I wonder if they are considering a new logo when the new stadium opens?

I’m not sure, I haven’t heard any kind of rumblings about it. I just thought it would be pretty cool for Allen and team to have their own identity concept to associate with. It doesn’t mean they never have to wear the red helmet or the white ones, but I thought it would be awesome if they had something of their own to have as an “alternative” . 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So since the NFL changed the rules, what alternate helmet would you like to see? I know there are other threads dedicated to individual helmets, but I want this to be a thread where everyone’s ideas can come together to see which one is the more popular option. I posted this earlier, but I really like this blue helmet option. Post your helmets here if you got ones you like. 

B764B44E-86C6-4494-B46A-769720951D2D.jpeg

When will we know what alternate helmets the team will be using? A few days before the 1st game? 

What I've noticed is the people who are dedicated enough to frequent these boards don't tend to like much change 😂

I don't think it's bad or anything. Pretty decent for an alternate actually (though I'd hate it if it was the full time helmet). But I'm still partial to the 90's helmet & uniform. The red helmet with the blue charging buffalo looks beautiful to me. Oh, and bring back the red endzones! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone hates on the blue helmets, but the Broncos throwbacks were nice. 

They are nice because they actually wore blue helmets at one time. 

Creating a blue monstrosity and wondering why it doesn’t work is because……it doesn’t. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think looking at the helmet images - the White Buffalo looks bush league.  The Blue Helmet with the Blue Buffalo look 50x better and the Blue on Blue makes no sense.  

The Blue Buffalo looks right - so I would start with that and choose alternate helmets from there.  I would not change the logo to fit the helmet color.  Make the helmet color fit the logo.

White Helmets do that nicely.  A Red Helmet makes the blue Pop.

A Black Helmet or a Silver helmet like their original colors might work, but I think you have the 2 accent helmet colors already set and there is little to change.

Also - it isn’t change that most people have issue with.  They wanted change - white face masks- white/red helmets - heck even going back to Fergie’s day with a blue face mask would be fine.  They don’t care for the design and color mix on the helmet.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

What I've noticed is the people who are dedicated enough to frequent these boards don't tend to like much change 😂

I don't think it's bad or anything. Pretty decent for an alternate actually (though I'd hate it if it was the full time helmet). But I'm still partial to the 90's helmet & uniform. The red helmet with the blue charging buffalo looks beautiful to me. Oh, and bring back the red endzones! 

This, I don’t want the blue helmet to be a full time thing, just an alternate. Nobody dumps on the Denver throwbacks, or the U Kentucky or BYU uniforms. I doubt the blue helmet happens until the NFL further changes the rules. Not many teams are going to have a new design given that only 2 helmets are allowed, which is dumb seeming how it doesn’t give much room for owners to experiment with. 

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

They are nice because they actually wore blue helmets at one time. 

Creating a blue monstrosity and wondering why it doesn’t work is because……it doesn’t. 

That’s the thing, it works because of past euphoria. At some point new needs to happen to see if it will become accepted. Right now the team is limited in white and red helmets, because that is always how it was. People hate change. 

6 minutes ago, delirious said:

Mematic_20210831_214018_resize_10.jpg

I don’t hate the red helmets, It’s just a different era with a different team. I guess I’m the only one that thinks having a new identity look once in a while isn’t a bad thing. People really do hate change, even if it’s temporary and periodically. “An alternate” lol 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t hate the red helmets, It’s just a different era with a different team. I guess I’m the only one that thinks having a new identity look once in a while isn’t a bad thing. People really do hate change, even if it’s temporary and periodically. “An alternate” lol 

Lol, you're good. Making fun at the people that don't like the red helmets.

I personally like the charging buffalo.  It's the best logo in all of sports. Aggressive, the red stripe gives it the speed of the charge.  All around near perfect. And outside of red and white, I'm not sure what color would look good with it.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Our uniforms already look better than just about every other team, and their fans know it when they play us. The white helmets are just a clean look that can't be beat, so standing buffalo is the best alternative.

I just wish we could get rid of the color rush. Also Allen said he loved the red practice jerseys and I agree but I doubt that will ever happen.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I want a new logo altogether.

I wouldn’t hate that. But I think that is more of a minority stance than the blue helmet. There are plenty of blue helmet teams throughout college and some even in the NFL over the years. I personally think a blue helmet worn in a few instances with the white uniforms would look interesting and would be something to distinguish the Allen era from the rest. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I wouldn’t hate that. But I think that is more of a minority stance than the blue helmet. There are plenty of blue helmet teams throughout college and some even in the NFL over the years. 

Royal blue doesn't work with a red or white logo. It's not a good base color.

A darker blue would work, but then we're flirting with a disaster akin to the 2000's uniforms... 😬

Just now, Ponch said:

MTgyMDExNTY0OTM2Nzk5NTYw.thumb.webp.bb0828fde05cd68707925462be69f268.webp

how's this for a new logo... the kids will dig it. 

Kids, shmids, my frickin dad would dig it.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Royal blue doesn't work with a red or white logo. It's not a good base color.

A darker blue would work, but then we're flirting with a disaster akin to the 2000's uniforms... 😬

I dunno, I just think it pops. I’ve always been partial to blue/white with red splashed in. It doesn’t seem like a lot of people want it, so it probably isn’t happening.