Alternate Helmet

So since the NFL changed the rules, what alternate helmet would you like to see? I know there are other threads dedicated to individual helmets, but I want this to be a thread where everyone’s ideas can come together to see which one is the more popular option. I posted this earlier, but I really like this blue helmet option. Post your helmets here if you got ones you like. 

B764B44E-86C6-4494-B46A-769720951D2D.jpeg

When will we know what alternate helmets the team will be using? A few days before the 1st game? 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 15

Just now, 17islongenough said:

Red helmet.  End thread 

What is the limit to alternate helmet choices? Can the team only allow 2 per season? If that is the case, then the red helmet will probably win seeming how the past teams already wore it. I doubt they will pick a totally new helmet design. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So since the NFL changed the rules, what alternate helmet would you like to see? I know there are other threads dedicated to individual helmets, but I want this to be a thread where everyone’s ideas can come together to see which one is the more popular option. I posted this earlier, but I really like this blue helmet option. Post your helmets here if you got ones you like. 

B764B44E-86C6-4494-B46A-769720951D2D.jpeg

When will we know what alternate helmets the team will be using? A few days before the 1st game? 

This particular helmet is the most hideous thing I've ever seen

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

Just now, Steptide said:

I think the majority of us fans want to see the red helmets 

I think people are mostly just attached to the SB years and associate it with the red helmets, not necessarily because they enjoy the red helmets. Could be wrong though. 

I honestly don’t want to see the red helmets, not because I dislike it, but because I don’t want this team to identify with a past regime. I want something new for this team to have its own unique identity going into their own SB streak. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm interested in having the 90's red helmets, the 60's throwbacks with the standing buffalo, and the current helmet. That's all.

I'm not really interested in experimenting with anything new. I think what we have now are the best uniforms we have had, so all that's left for me is to pay homage to the 60's and 90's teams with two sets of throwbacks and leave it at that.

• Agree 4

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why do we keep trying to insert this blue helmet here. It’s literally repulsive. No. Just no

Everything about the blue helmet, or just the design? So basically we are limiting ourselves to either a white helmet or a red helmet. So this team is never allowed to have a blue helmet ever? 

Just now, MJS said:

I'm interested in having the 90's red helmets, the 60's throwbacks with the standing buffalo, and the current helmet. That's all.

I'm not really interested in experimenting with anything new. I think what we have now are the best uniforms we have had, so all that's left for me is to pay homage to the 60's and 90's teams with two sets of throwbacks and leave it at that.

I want this team to have a unique identity, its own helmet to associate greatness with. Red helmets are from a bygone era, while I like them, I don’t want to be limited to just the red helmet as an alternative. The problem is everyone hates new or change, people are so stuck in what they know. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everything about the blue helmet, or just the design? So basically we are limiting ourselves to either a white helmet or a red helmet. So this team is never allowed to have a blue helmet ever? 

I can’t think of a blue helmet that is nice. It’s the color. For sure. Now…..you wanna go white helmet, BLUE standing Buffalo, Blue face mask…I’m in. I have been wanting that forever. Go no red. I’m in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I want this team to have a unique identity, its own helmet to associate greatness with. Red helmets are from a bygone era, while I like them, I don’t want to be limited to just the red helmet as an alternative. The problem is everyone hates new or change, people are so stuck in what they know. 

The Bills have a great brand and image that I am not interested in changing just for the sake of change. New does not always mean better.

But if you don't feel that way, that's fine. But what the Bills currently have is great. It would be very difficult to create something better, and very easy to make it worse. So chances are, changes will be worse.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t think of a blue helmet that is nice. It’s the color. For sure. Now…..you wanna go white helmet, BLUE standing Buffalo, Blue face mask…I’m in. I have been wanting that forever. Go no red. I’m in

I guess I don’t understand the hate for the blue helmet. I can understand not liking the contrast with the blue buffalo on a blue helmet, but the white buffalo looks the best, as the red buffalo on the blue helmet doesn’t help either. I’m not sure why the NFL is still limiting teams to just 2 helmets. I suppose it’s better than the 1 helmet policy, but it would be nice to see some new designs rather than living in the past. 

LOL everyone hates change. So there is no design that would ever look good on a blue helmet? 

It's not about hating change. Everyone LOVED the change when we got rid of those hideous new uniforms from the 2000's. It's about maintaining brand integrity and something that legitimately works great.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

The Bills have a great brand and image that I am not interested in changing just for the sake of change. New does not always mean better.

But if you don't feel that way, that's fine. But what the Bills currently have is great. It would be very difficult to create something better, and very easy to make it worse. So chances are, changes will be worse.

I like the current bills helmets as well, I just wanted an alternate to be worn once in a while. Unfortunately it looks like that isn’t even possible given even the new helmet rules. It’s probably either the red helmet as the 2nd choice this year. When will we know by?