John Brown requested a release from the Raiders

CNY315

8 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The "sneaky sleepers" at WR near the end of fantasy drafts are the 3 Bills WRs after Diggs.

Beasley at his ADP, Sanders at his ADP, Davis at his ADP.....all great values.

Must take advantage of the market inefficiency of the Bills #2, #3, and #4 WRs. The whole fantasy community is undervaluing all 3 guys. 

Actually I was surprised that people took them earlier than I expected in one of my drafts, I did manage to snag Emmanuel Sanders in the last round of my first draft too, which surprisingly was a 12 team league too.  In my 10 team league, Sanders went like round 9 or 10 and so Cole went same round.  But I think I am gonna drop smoke now and grab Davis who is available in both

What's Goin' On?

I thought we would have heard about our transactions by now.....

Does this mean Beane is up to some activity? Maybe getting a new player plus cutting down?

We didn't temporarily waive Taiwan yet I don't think. I think this means we only put one player on injured reserve tomorrow.

McKenzie or Phillips? 

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually I was surprised that people took them earlier than I expected in one of my drafts, I did manage to snag Emmanuel Sanders in the last round of my first draft too, which surprisingly was a 12 team league too.  In my 10 team league, Sanders went like round 9 or 10 and so Cole went same round.  But I think I am gonna drop smoke now and grab Davis who is available in both

You mean Emmanuel..... I'd say Emmanuel has more receptions, Davis more TDs. So Davis is more valuable. Both are going to have a couple big games it is predicting which game..... Davis looks like a vet pro bowler in preseason..... Oh my!

When we signed Emmanuel I thought for sure he was going to be our clear #2, but my, Does Gabriel look good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

You mean Emmanuel..... I'd say Emmanuel has more receptions, Davis more TDs. So Davis is more valuable. Both are going to have a couple big games it is predicting which game..... Davis looks like a vet pro bowler in preseason..... Oh my!

When we signed Emmanuel I thought for sure he was going to be our clear #2, but my, Does Gabriel look good.

I wrote "Emmanuel" didnt I?  Ha.  

Anyway, yeah Davis looks really good and I think he gets plenty of reps too.  Honestly, I expect Diggs and Coles stats to dip a decent amount this year, not because of anything other than Josh definitely can spread the ball around and we have a lot of capable guys who should get their own looks this year too.  

Last year, with Brown hurt most the year, Josh leaned a lot more on Diggs and Cole.  This year, both Sanders and Davis should see plenty of action and passes, so naturally I think Diggs and Coles numbers take a small hit just from spreading the ball around more.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Blasphemy. 

Absolutely disgusting comparison. 

Antonio Brown should be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. A 3-level route-runner who can get open short, intermediate, and deep. Runs the entire route tree. In his prime, AB was the 1b to Julio Jones 1a as far as Best WR in the game.

John Brown is a one-speed runner, one-dimensional deep threat who can only run like 3 routes, and can't make contested catches at all. 

It's truly incredible that just 2 years ago, John Brown was Josh Allen's #1 WR, and people acted like Josh had a good supporting cast (LMAO). The truth is, even in 2019 (Year 2), Josh Allen truly had one of the worst offensive supporting casts in the entire NFL. Bottom 5 in the league. 

Josh Allen's Top 3 WRs in 2019:

#1 WR - John Brown. Can't even make the Raiders roster 2 years later! (pathetic)

#2 WR - Cole Beasley. UDFA slot-only complementary receiver.

#3 WR - He didn't even have one! His #3 receiving option was rookie TE Dawson Knox, who was downright brutal. 

^^^Bottom 5 weapons around Josh in 2019. 

Josh Allen's 2019 season is under-appreciated by the ignorant, false-narrative-creating media. He dragged a bottom-tier supporting cast to double-digit wins and the playoffs. Josh Allen's peers even ranked him #87 on the NFL Top 100 after 2019 - the guys who faced Allen recognized that he was clearly a good QB after his 2nd year, putting him in the Top 100. The narrative that JA was "bad" his 1st 2 years is the dumbest, laziest, most ignorant take that the fake news media keeps pushing. They act like that garbage take/narrative is true when it clearly and factually is not.

The "sneaky sleepers" at WR near the end of fantasy drafts are the 3 Bills WRs after Diggs.

Beasley at his ADP, Sanders at his ADP, Davis at his ADP.....all great values.

Must take advantage of the market inefficiency of the Bills #2, #3, and #4 WRs. The whole fantasy community is undervaluing all 3 guys. 

All good points which I agree with.  However, every time I see the phrase 'fake news media', ugh.  So tired of that phrase.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Agree 1

This says a whole lot more about the Raiders than it does about John SmokeY Brown.  You can't tell me that John Brown is not in the top 100 NFL receivers while Zay Jones is.  That's ***** up on its face.  I hope Brown will find a place in the NFL, he certainly deserves one.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This says a whole lot more about the Raiders than it does about John SmokeY Brown.  You can't tell me that John Brown is not in the top 100 NFL receivers while Zay Jones is.  That's ***** up on its face.  I hope Brown will find a place in the NFL, he certainly deserves one.

Why does either one of them need to be in the top 100? I'd argue neither is close.