AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree just look at this thread.

No No we dont want another open air in OP.  

Why isnt there a roof in DT, Why are we only getting 60K..

Soon that 65K seat DT with a roof at the cost of 1.9B looks better.  Add thte 500M-1B in infrastructure upgrades,  and you are getting a voting public on board with a 1B dollar plus public layout for the stadium.

Am I oversimplifying it by saying we are relying on Poloncarz to say that the proposal in the AP article isn't acceptable?

Edited by red hots

48 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

yeah i dont want to pay for a 60k seat stadium. Plus we already sell it out quick. We sold it out when we had 80k. If we're gonna build a new stadium, lets put in more seats imo

Yep.  Back in 1991, for example, the Bills led the NFL in attendance by a wide margin with an average home game showing of roughly 78,000.

Buffalo has the demand for a bigger stadium.  

If you build it, they will come.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How do these PSL’s work?

A bit more on this.  You pay like say 10K for your right to buy season tickets in a certain area.  You will then have to pay for those tickets.  However that PSL is a one time cost and is owned and can be past to the family as part of the estate as well.  

However if the PSL holder doesnt NOT buy the tickets they forfeit their PSL back to the team for resale.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Not at all and it has more to do with logistics than the usual cold-weather weather excuse (though that probably does effect things too)

The biggest issue is that the Orchard Park/Buffalo area probably couldn’t handle the amount of Super Bowl visitors. Even, if they could the accommodations wouldn’t be very good.   Buffalo is not meant to host an event like the Super Bowl in any way

I don’t think this should be a big consideration. KC, GB, Pitt, NE etc arent hosting SBs, they are playing in them. All I care about.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, red hots said:

Am I oversimplifying it by saying we are relying on Poloncarz to say that the proposal in the AP article isn't acceptable?

I think it is on him and the Fans to really say NO we want this and we want this here, and we will fund it.  This release will likely maybe already be known by Poloncarz and he is in on it as well, to drum the support for the public layout that will be needed downtown even BEFORE the stadium site is formalized.  Because If I am the Pegulas I am not saying DT, before I see the infrastructure work passed and started.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uninja said:

Between corporate sponsors, corporations using it as part of gladhanding/business development and well off people getting a permanent box for the year for 60 legal entities should not be that difficult. The WNY area can easily support dozens of private golf clubs with yearly dues into the 10's of thousands of dollars a year and very steep initiation fees. Getting a box for the year is basically the same deal.

True ... Buffalo is not a rich city, but there is still alot of old money here

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How do these PSL’s work?

One other thing about PSLs are this.  If you own one lets say you paid 5k for it and want to give it up you can sell it for more money

to a fan who wants to buy it from you.  But like @MAJBobbysaid if you can't you give it back to the team.

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

The Twitter tension is building between John Wawrow and Hannah Buehler regarding the stadium story....

I love when reporters do this. I get it and understand why because you should get credit for your work. Instead of having it jacked and credited to “sources”. 

just always funny at the reporter spats. 

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Wasn't Rich Stadium's capacity 80,300 or so back in the day?  We should be able to sell out 70,000 every week in the modern day.

I'm assuming everyone was cramped. They probably want larger, nicer seats in the new stadium.

Ugh, just go with the retractable roof instead of this specially designed partial roof that’s gonna cover “most” of the seats. What’s the point then? And the weather advantage is way overblown. Yeah it gets cold, gets windy, but some people act like they’re playing in straight blizzards from mid-November on when in reality they get a heavy snow game once every three or four seasons, so it really isn’t that big a deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

One other thing about PSLs are this.  If you own one lets say you paid 5k for it and want to give it up you can sell it for more money

to a fan who wants to buy it from you.  But like @MAJBobbysaid if you can't you give it back to the team.

Yep it is your Asset to do what You want with it. Just have to keep buying your season tickets or it reverts. But yes hypothetically you could pay 10K for it. If Bills keep staying good could sell it for 30k. 

also In theory it also should limit those the secondary market professionals from buying up a bunch of season tickets to sell on the secondary market as individual seats. because they would have a HUGE layout for all the PSLs 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think this should be a big consideration. KC, GB, Pitt, NE etc arent hosting SBs, they are playing in them. All I care about.

Exactly. The SB is the biggest corporate spending party out there. It's a week long event of money to the max and the only reason NYC got it was because it was 50th anniversary as a one time shot. Most sponsors and owners want just southern teams to host so it guarantees good weather and parties. Indy and Minny mayyyy get another crack as people really liked it

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Wasn't Rich Stadium's capacity 80,300 or so back in the day?  We should be able to sell out 70,000 every week in the modern day.

I could be wrong but I think the highest capacity was 80,020...or maybe that was when it first opened.  The Aud after they raised the roof...16,433.  🙂

If you do a Google search of"new Buffalo Bills Stadium renderings" and click on google images result you see a proposed drawing of a stadium that looks like what the AP said. The image was posted on redditt but it was removed from the thread at the request of someone. Shows a city setting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.